“Best Kept secret”

Ranked #5 of 12 Robbinsville B&B and Inns
Woodstock, Georgia
“Best Kept secret”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I am a frequent world traveler and am very particular where I stay with my hard earned money. I must say this is the BEST kept secret around Robbinsville and Western North Carolina. The pictures of the B&B and the surrounding area do no justice as to the hospitality, beauty and privacy the place offers. Robin cooks the most delicious breakfast of any B&B I have stayed and makes sure you are completely satisfied. The couple that own the B&B, Rob and Robin go above and beyond what you would expect at any mountain B&B in the Carolina Mountains. The hospitality is unparalled. Their gracious attitud and openess is also what we may strive to be like; you don't get to experience this level of caring and is very refreshing in today's world. You can tell they enjoy hosting and will do anything possible to make your stay something very special and endearing. I will have to keep coming back to their enchanting B&B.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the outside jacuzzi and claw jet tub.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank virgilf2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Just a quick note to say how much I enjoyed staying at the Buffalo Creek B&B last month. They Wowed me. My dresser handled the hard packed gravel road with ease.

My room was great. This B&B was even better than the website descriptions and pictures showed it to be. The staff was accommodating, courteous and friendly (thanks again for the Cherohala Skyway tip). The facilities were very comfortable, clean, well maintained and quiet.

The most amazing thing for the building was its proximity to a flowing creek (less than 10 feet from the back porch). Sitting on the back porch with the peaceful sound of the natural flow of water and the birds singing was a relaxing backdrop to my silent prayer/meditation time.

The breakfasts were amazing and the hosts were friendly but unobtrusive. I don't want to give away any more details. Let it be a surprise; an adventure without risk. Enjoy the journey.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Russell S
Berea
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I had the opportunity to go for Thanksgiving last year. I am going to go over the aspects that people who are planning or looking for a place to stay might consider important to know. My experience was amazing and TripAdvisor is a really great way to tell people about it.
Service is just outstanding: Rob and Robin take care personally of service when you are there. They are very welcoming, sweet and always willing to help.
Sleep Quality is amazing. I am a college student and staying in that bed what just the most comforting experience ever. Add to this the beautiful sounds from the creek if you open your window and the fresh clean air if you open your window.
Cleanliness is admirable. Rooms, bathrooms, the kitchen it all looks like new.
Location. This is one of Buffalo Creek B&B assets. The location is just beautiful, it is besides a small creek and it is 20 minutes from town. All you see is green, few houses make the ambient very peaceful and a great place to escape from normal routine.
Fitness center? Who needs one! Go out for a run. Trust me, the fresh air, will make you go the extra mile. Go out for a hike, there's many places to pick from and enjoy all the sightseeing. After that small hike, that meal, all the paradise be sure to get in the hot tub. It's an amazing experience to get in there, and because there is no light pollution at all, you can see all the stars in the sky! You are also able to play some background music, and some Christmas lights which makes this scene look like as if it was a movie.
This is to great of a place and if you were to be visiting or going by western North Carolina make sure to contact this place and book a night or two, it is worth it.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We found this wonderful place and hospitality to be outstanding. Rob and Robin are the perfect hosts...you feel like family. The refreshments were lovely and the breakfast--superb! I met some of my distant relatives while at a neighborhood bonfire held at the B&B. How lovely to have a tumbling creek right outside your window! All amenities were first class. We hope to re-visit and will recommend to all our friends.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank judy s
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I found the perfect place for my husband and I to celebrate our 40th anniversary. The Buffalo Creek Bed and Breakfast was a great location. My husband and I love to ride our motorcycles in the mountains and this B&B is just 10 minutes away from Cherahola Skyway. Rob and Robin make you feel welcome the moment you arrive. Our gracious hosts had a plate of grapes, crackers and cheese ready for us to snack on upon our arrival. As my husband unpacked, Robin gave me a tour of the B&B which was immaculate. We stayed in the Mountain Laurel room which is the larger of the two rooms, it has a hot tub on the deck just outside our room, and we have our own private entrance. This is a beautiful cabin tucked away in a secluded location with a creek rippling just outside the back porch. In the bathroom adjoining our room, we have a choice of a jacuzzi or a shower. We could not ask for a more peaceful, relaxing getaway! Robin prepares a spectacular breakfast for her guests to enjoy each morning.It was delicious. If you need to get away and relax, this is the place to be. I would highly recommend this to everyone!

Room Tip: I recommend the Mountain Laurel room. It is on the creek side of the house.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NitehawkLady
Creemore, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My buddy and I rented Rob and Robin's place on a bike trip to the area. I found their hospitality second to none. We do quite a bit of travelling and it was so nice to stay in a place which seemed like home. After a full day of powering thru the twisties that the area offers it was nice to come back and get in the hot tub and talk about the great day. This is a first class operation.

Room Tip: Book early as not to be disappointed
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dennis C
Ningbo, China
Reviewed 10 June 2013

What a wonderful place to unwind. The scenery is absolutely beautiful. We stayed in the main lodge, which is very quaint and rustic. The coffee was great, and the service spectacular. The food was well prepared and presented.

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank teafox1979
Also consider these accommodations in or near Robbinsville
Historic Tapoco Lodge Resort
Harrah's Cherokee Valley River Casino & Hotel
Hampton Inn Murphy
Hampton Inn Murphy
#2 of 6 in Murphy

Been to Buffalo Creek Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!