“Perfect NC Mountain Retreat!!”
Review of Blue Boar Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Robbinsville
Blue Boar Inn
Ranked #7 of 12 Robbinsville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 February 2011

The wonderful staff, accomodations, location, Lake Santeetlah, gourmet meals, keep us coming back several times every year! We are never disappointed. We brought a group of friends with us in July, 2010, and they unanimously agreed that the Blue Boar Inn far exceeded their expectations and they have all booked a return visit for 2011. Lisa is an amazing chef--gourmet food in the mtns--fantastic! Pam, the innkeeper, is a wonderful host, gracious and very accomodating to make each visit special. Canoes and kayaks are furnished for free and we greatly enjoy our time on the lake. The Blue Boar Inn is a perfect getaway!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gagardener

Reviewed 24 February 2011

We have been going to western North Carolina for years and have stayed at all the high end places in the Lake Santeetlah/Lake Fontana area. Early on, The Blue Boar Inn became our favorite. There are good reasons for this. First of all, it's charming, serene, and beautifully appointed. The bedrooms are spacious, have all the amenities, are very clean, and the beds are super comfortable. In the summer, there is air conditioning if you need it. The food is the best in the area (Lisa has a great palate) and is served in an inviting dining room with views of the garden and pond. Pam, Lisa, and Chris are wonderful hosts. The grounds are lovely and the location near the lake couldn't be better. It's situated near a bunch of mountain day-trip destinations. Any time my husband and I want to pamper ourselves with a trip to the mountains, the Blue Boar is where we go. We love it--you will, too.

1  Thank juliewinslett
Reviewed 23 February 2011

My trip was not in April 2010 (can't write a review w/o a date) but several years ago & I have dreamed about going back ever since. I recommend the Blue Boar Inn to anyone I know that is going to the area. The rooms were very nice & the food was delicious. We ordered the lunches-to-go several days and also took the kayaks out on the lake. Today while getting the inn's phone no. for a friend, I noticed the negative review on tripadvisor.com which was from the same party so not like 2 reviews.
In answer to that reviewer, I don't know of any bunk beds on the property & I never had baked beans - perhaps you are confused. For you to say that it was like a double wide, obviously you did not read anything about the history of the renovated building. It was fascinating to me that this was an old hunting lodge where men would come from all over the US & the forests around the lodge were "stocked" with wildlife. I appreciate that someone cared enough to restore this piece of history and they did a beautiful job! I hope everyone will recognize that review as a case of sour grapes for some reason.
It is not like a traditional inn like a two-story house so don't expect that. One night we were the only ones there & had the whole house to ourselves! I don't think you will be disappointed! M. Knight

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Spare yourself a stay in this pitiful excuse for a mountain getaway....I am not sure if the buildings really are a strung-together group of double wides but that is certainly the feel of this place. The lake is nearby which is perhaps the only redeeming quality of the landscape. The rest of the grounds are seedy patches of dirt and weeds with an occasional cement bird bath to break the tedium. Food is mere sustenance.
I think I slept for two hours because of the lumpy bed and horrible pillow.
Who on earth wrote these other reviews and what chemical substances are they on?

3  Thank llg60898
Reviewed 7 February 2011

How does the Blue Boar Inn get these reviews?!? They must be bribing the guests with room discounts or something, because these descriptions are the opposite of my experience. I wasn't going to say anything after my stay last summer - just not give them my business again - but after reading these over-inflated reviews, someone needs to say something.

Finding a well-regarded nearby B&B full for the weekend, my daughter and I booked a couple rooms for a weekend, so we could horseback ride and hike in the area. I wish that we had just brought a tent and a camp stove. Everything about this place reeks of cheap, from the polyester curtains to the scratchy towels to the faux-quaint decor. Now, I don't come to the mountains looking for The Four Seasons, but I certainly would expect to do better than this! After the stink of cigarettes hit me in reception, I couldn't even bring myself to eat there.

I do need to give credit where it is due: these guys have the prettiest access to the lake... and some of the staff was very kind and helpful. The whole place feels like a summer camp, however, and I'm not willing to spend $150 a night for bunk beds and franks-and-bean.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank BrianP14
Reviewed 27 September 2010

We wanted to drive the Cherehola skyway and then relax for a few days in North Carolina for our 34th wedding anniversary. What a great place to relax, EAT, and travel out of. We would recommend the Blue Boar Inn to any of our family or friends.

Reviewed 13 September 2010

This was our second year. Last year we were there with 4 couples and loved it, so this year we came back with the same friends and 4 more couples and had all 8 rooms in the main lodge. Totally enjoyed our stay. Food was amazing as was the service. The grounds and indoor and outside facilities were a great way for friends to enjoy a relaxing and fun weekend. We are already making plans for returning next year.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends