“Have stayed a few times.....”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rockingham
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Rockingham
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Have stayed a few times.....”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

it is always Great! Nice place....new and modern. Breakfast could have a little more variety, but I'm not complaining. Got a jacuzzi room and I have to say it was fantastic!
I will sometimes go a little out of my way to stay here as it is much nicer for the same price as other local hotels.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
0318clt, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rockingham, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Dear Traveler,
Thank you so much for your patronage. We really appreciate your review, and your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again.
The management team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Buford, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Although it was a bit difficult for the GPS to find, we simply followed the billboards once we were in the general area and it was easy. My daughter, husband, and I were just passing through Rockingham while touring several colleges in the Carolinas. They were very impressed and happy with my choice of where to sleep for the night. The hotel is a really nice, new construction with cool decor and clean rooms. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Highly recommended if you're in the Rockingham area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy S
0318clt, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rockingham, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear Traveler,
Thank you so much for your endorsement and your kind word. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to serve you again on your next trip to Rockingham NC.
The Management Team
Lumberton, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Nice new construction, beautiful décor. However, do not rely on your GPS as the location has moved to the eastern part of town, call and get directions. If you’re visiting Rockingham, I can highly recommend this facility.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mike M
Dear Traveler,
Your review is much appreciated. We are working diligently with Google and other such websites to make sure that our new location is displayed correctly. The newest GPS devices are now able to locate our facility. We do strive to go beyond our guest's expectations each and every day. And we will continue to do so in future. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Three consecutive days coffe pot not cleaned. Brought it to the attention of the front desk first time and then again on the next day. Not corrected until last day of a five night stay. Leaves one wondering what else was not done. Otherwise a beautiful hotel in a town with less than adequate hotels.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Russjohn
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for bringing it to our attention. We apologize for this inconvenience. we are working hard to get past such issues, and we sincerely thank you for reminding us. Our product and quality, both are equally important to our guests, we hope your next visit will be a much better one.

The Management team
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I was encouraged by a business associate to give the Holiday Inn a try because the express brand are usually nicer. Well, I will say that I'm glad I did. The caveat is that you have to check for when it was last renovated or constructed. This one is a little over a year old and they are maintaining it very well.

The rooms are very modern and spacious but I get the suite. I have done the queen and king suite and I was impressed with both. I do wish there was a kitchenette but its not a deal breaker.

The gym is not well equipped besides 2 treadmills and an eliptical but I haven't used it yet I plan on it.

The daily breakfast is average but it provides options that should satisfy your morning appetite.

The staff is helpful but not all are the most welcoming.

Inspite of the negatives, this will be my hotel of choice during my 4 month project stay in SC. The rooms are nice, its not too far from my facility site and the proximity to multiple eateries isn't bad for the area.

Room Tip: If staying more than 2 nights then I would go with the suites and don't wait too long because fo...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
0318clt, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rockingham, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear Traveler,
Your review is much appreciated. we do strive to go beyond our guest's expectations each and every day. And we will continue to do so in future. hope to see you again soon.
hamlet,nc
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I have stayed here a total of 5 times now. I can't think of one con to say about this place, unless it would be that I wish it were a little cheaper. I feel bad about even saying that because it is worth the cost. the staff is amazing. the front desk is always pleasant and helpful. the lady who prepares the breakfast goes above and beyond. she always takes time to speak to every guest and make them feel welcome.The brreakfast is always good and the eating area always clean. the maids never come banging on your door in the mornings to wake you up like some places, and they are always polite. the rooms are very clean and the baths well stocked. check out is never a hassle. I think they chose the perfect location for the hotel also. that's always a plus. I know by now you are thinking I must either work at the hotel, or have friends who do because this review is so positve. I assure you, I do not know anyone there and live in Ga., so I certainly couldn't work there.lol I am just being very honest. i would never stay anywhere else when visiting Rockingham,N.C.

Room Tip: We have stayed on the first and 2nd floor. the first is more convenient but the 2nd is quieter.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank keeperclean
Dear traveler,
Thank you so much for your review. we are humbled, and at the same time proud to have met your expectations. We look forward to having you over again and meeting and exceeding expectations each time.
Vienna, WV
Reviewed 25 December 2011

This a new Holiday Inn Express. One of the nicer ones that I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank hinesda
0318clt, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rockingham, responded to this review, 28 January 2012
Dear Traveler,
Thank you so much for your patronage. We are constantly working to improve the quality of your stay. Hope you will choose us again on your way to Myrtle Beach, or other trips that bring you through this part of North Carolina.
The management team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockingham
Americas Best Value Inn - Rockingham
#1 of 5 in Laurinburg
Quality Inn Cheraw
Quality Inn Cheraw
#1 of 4 in Cheraw
Homewood Suites by Hilton Olmsted Village (near Pinehurst)

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rockingham? Share your experiences!