“Almost new...but maintained like new...”

Holiday Inn Rocky Mount I-95 @ US 64
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We frequently stay at Holiday Inns because of price and convenience and stayed at 4 during our recent three week vacation. This Holiday Inn at Rocky Mount was the best maintained of the four inns we visited on our vacation and it was only better when it was brand new. The Rocky Mount property isn't quite new. It is perhaps five years old - but it might as well still be brand new. We saw no signs of wear and tear anywhere.

Our reservation was apparently upgraded and we got a king suite (Room 301) and it was lovely. The first time we stayed at this hotel we got a nice large room that hadn't been used before. The hotel was that new. We've stayed at this Inn nearly once a year since then and it still looks just as good. That is rare. What is more, check in is easy and check out is even easier.

Few hotels make the effort required to maintain a property this well. This one apparently does and we will stay in Rocky Mount again for exactly that reason.

Room Tip: Almost any room would be lovely - 301 was fabulous!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Lisa F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Rocky Mount I-95 @ US 64, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Thanks for being a loyal customer and for your feedback! Our maintenance engineer is Joey, so I will pass the accolades on to him because he is the one responsible for the maintenance. We truly do value customers like you and I am glad to see we could upgrade you! We look forward to your future stays at Holiday Inn Rocky Mount! We will strive to keep the property looking like new for you and all our guests!

Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night during a business trip. The woman at the front desk was very polite. They had free snacks available in the lobby before dinner. My room was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I arrived early afternoon for a 10 hour stay, large parking lot easy to get a semi into...was greeted by a very freindly and helpful lady...thanked me for being a platinum member ,gave me a bottle of water and a goody bag...every part of the property was beautiful and very well kept..room was large, clean and everything looked like new...bed was great,room was well lit, shower was clean, hot and had great water pressure...this place was perfect and the people were great...I will stay the next time Im in the area...I stay in motels four days a week and I have to say this one is one of the best...and the price was good also..around $99.00

Room Tip: I usually get the top floor due to being the quietest because I sleep in the daytime ,although here...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Staff was great, room was clean and very large. Had a room on the 6th floor facing the parking lot so it was very quiet. Wireless worked great and the shower was large and roomy. The rooms have a ref, microwave and a coffee maker, just like home. The hotel maybe a few years old but you could never tell by the looks of the outside of the building or the inside of the building. Will definitely stay here again....

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road, on the other side of the hotel... Very quiet...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times and like it. I was up late one night on the computer and seen a bug run. I got it and took to bathroom where I could inspect it better. It was what I thought. I searched the whole room but found nothing. I packed my stuff at 1 am and went to front desk to get another room. The staff made me feel like I brought it there. I did post on holiday inn site and they apologized and told me they sprayed room and adjoining rooms. Didn't make me feel any better knowing some might be in my luggage. I got to next room and searched my luggage and clothes and found nothing.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank v3093
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Thanksgiving weekend we just couldn't make it home from south Florida so I called ahead and got a room in this new hotel right off I95 N. We haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn in so long because they've been older with outside room access right off the parking lots complete with headlights shining through your windows. I felt like Alice through the rabbit hole. This new one has a huge lobby where the fire in the fireplace was most welcome and cozy since the tempertature had dropped into the 40's. My husband didn't think the kingsize bed was the most comfortable though I was so pooped I didn't notice. The room was large and the bathroom had a very large walk in shower. With room access from the inside hallways, which we prefer, it was a very quiet, battery recharging night. All in all the decision to stop was a good one.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Fantastic stay here. The owners of this Holiday Inn clearly take great pride in their hotel, based on the great staff, the furnishings and the care they have taken in their facility. My husband and I thought it was a brand new hotel but after looking around, realized it was a few years old. But they've taken care of the normal places that wear will show (drywall corners have guards, for example). The lobby includes a fireplace with leather furniture. The fitness center had a variety of cardio machines in good shape and a TV (no weights). We enjoyed our one-night stay and were treated like royalty, even though it was a one-night stay. We will stay here again on our next trip south. We were very close to a highway but didn't hear road noise at all. It's also right next to a Cracker Barrel, if you like that for breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple