“Give Yourself A Holiday”

Holiday Inn Rocky Mount I-95 @ US 64
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Oreland, Pennsylvania
“Give Yourself A Holiday”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We travel the I-95 corridor often and try to make it a point to include an overnight stay at this great place. It's very convenient right off of 95 and of course if you live in the Rocky Mount area this is a place that you should definitely consider for a change of pace.

The hotel is clean, quiet, and rooms are well appointed. Similar to most hotels but what sets this one apart from the others is the great staff. Everyone from those behind the desk at check in to the maids you meet in the hallway and the restaurant workers, everyone is friendly and makes you feel instantly at home.

The on-site restaurant is a true find. Chef Curtis takes great pride in the dishes he prepares, from the Whiskey Sirloin Steak to the Salmon with Lemon Wine Sauce, everything is delicious.
We try to have something different each time we come and have not been disappointed. The food is fabulous!

Our server for dinner with Marie who was so attentive and took great care of us but then again, each time we stay we are well taken care of.

Thank you to Marie and to Brittney who took care of us at breakfast the next day.

Many thanks to Chef Curtis who will once in awhile come into the dining room to see how you are enjoying his food!

Once again, hotel is convenient, welcoming, and has a great restaurant.
What else do you need? Take a Holiday!

Room Tip: All rooms are basically the same so it doesn't really matter
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Rocky Mount I-95 @ US 64, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for choosing us when traveling in Rocky Mount! and for your glowing recommendation! I am so happy to hear that you had such a positive stay and got to know some of the folks that were taking care of you! Everyone you mentioned is top in their field and they truly do enjoy providing excellent customer service.
We look forward to your next stay! Until then, take care!
Lisa Ferguson, DOS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Annapolis, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Made reservations online, since I know how these Rt 95 hotels fill on summer weekends. Called, even, from the road to be sure our room was guaranteed. The front desk was lovely and reassured us that our room was waiting.

Staff was friendly, hotel so clean and beds comfortable. Clean bathroom. Everything you need. And a safe parking lot, too. Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Jessica F
Lisa F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Rocky Mount I-95 @ US 64, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thanks for your wonderful comment and for choosing to stay at our hotel!
I'm glad the front desk was reassuring and helpful and even happier to hear that you found the beds comfortable and everything to be clean! This is what we strive hard for, to make sure every aspect of your stay taken care of!
We can't wait to see you again! Until then, take care!
Exmore, Virginia
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I called the Holiday Inn 800 to book a room while traveling. Got a confirmation number e-mail. ent we arrived front desk said they had sold out 3 hours ago and had no room. Called 800 number back and was told the system didn't update. You would think since they are all the same company it would be automatic. Front desk clerk said she could not call their hotel in the next town because she was too busy. Horrible customer service all the way around. I will not be staying in any of these hotels anytime soon.

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank mkswopny
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know your experience. We understand that things go wrong and we cannot be perfect 100% of the time, but I am truly sorry that you had to experience it.
I will personally work with our technical support to see why our system was not updating the 1-800 number and try to figure out why it did that. We definitely do not want this to happen again.
I will also work with the front desk agent on how to better deal with this type of situation as this is a rare occurrence.
Please don't hesitate to give me a call should you need anything at all.
Raytown, Missouri
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

This is a relatively new property that looks great from the time we walked into the lobby. Check-in was quick and the staff was friendly. After a long day of driving, we stayed in and had dinner in the full service restaurant and bar. The food was good and our server, Marie took great care of us. The room was spacious and had a couch, refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. As a reference, I'd slot it between a Courtyard by Marriott and a regular Marriott property.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for staying with us and for your time in reviewing our property!
Glad check in was quick and you liked our full service restaurant and lounge! Also, good to hear that Marie took good care of you for dinner.....she is an excellent server!
We hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to this area! Until then, take care!
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn in years and we were so pleased with our stay here. Phyllis at the front desk was so nice as was the rest of the staff. Our room was spotless and the linens were fantastic. We all had a very good nights sleep. The breakfast buffet could use a little work. They just started it this morning and the selection of breakfast items was a little short. The wait staff was so friendly that it made up for the buffet. We were so pleased that we stayed here again on our return trip home.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for your wonderful comment and for choosing to stay at our Holiday Inn and giving us a try! We are so thrilled to hear that your experience was positive and you had a "very nice stay"".
I will pass the kudos along to Phyllis for taking care of you .....she is a very valued member of our team!
Glad you found the line to be "fantastic" and you had a great nights sleep. Also that you found your room to be clean, as it should be.
Thanks for your patience with the breakfast buffet, we are still working the kinks out. It did take us by surprise to be chosen as one of two hotels in the US to be part of a trial for the free breakfast buffet.
We hope we see you back at this Holiday Inn and welcome you to try some of our sister hotels in other cities! Until then, take care!
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I would like to say that this is one of the best full service Holiday Inns I have stayed at in all my years.I stay in a lot of hotels and travel the United States this hotel brought such a level of home and comfort Hills hard for me to get out of bed and want to start my trip I highly recommend this location fabulous breakfast in the morning warmth loveing staff. Wish I had time to stay here a lot longer. I know that people have different tastes in mattresses and type of bedding but these guys have put the mark up I great choice and pillows and mattresses haven't had a good nights rest like that in a long time.

• Stayed July 2014
Rocky Mount, Virginia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stopped by for dinner one evening and really liked the little sliders. The "homemade" chips where wonderful. Not sure why this dish is considered an appetizer, I took a good bit home. Marie was a pleasure, very sweet and polite :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends