“Better-than-Average Fast Food”

Smithfield's Chicken 'N Bar-B-Q
Ranked #10 of 137 Restaurants in Rocky Mount
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Gainesville, FL, USA
“Better-than-Average Fast Food”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Normally, I don't bother commenting on fast-food chain restaurants, either national or regional, because they tend to be pretty predictable mediocrity regardless of location. Smithfield's merits an exception. The fried chicken puts the likes of KFC to shame; my BBQ sandwich of pulled pork was moist and relatively flavorful, not overly vinegary. The side portions of fries are more than generous (hushpuppies are good, too!), and the service is fast and attentive without being overly rushed. The establishment is scrupulously clean. In short, we'll keep Smithfield's in mind next time we drive through NC at mealtime.

• Visited July 2014

“Awesome Hushpuppies”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Only went through the drive-thru; hence, I cannot vouch for inside. But, food was hot and tasty! I LOVE the Hushpuppies!!!!

• Visited March 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“Great BBQ and service”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Great NC style bbq. A bright and sunny location, where they keep your drinks topped off. Close to 64 & 95. Great for travelers.

Aydlett, North Carolina
“This is our "go to" lunch spot whenever we are travelling”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have probably eaten lunch at every Smithfield's in North Carolina!!! Whenever we are travelling, we always look for a Smithfield's. The food is always consistently great - barbecue and French fries are generous, Brunswick stew is delicious, fried chicken is almost as good as my Mom's, sweet tea is wonderful!!! Service is always super fast and extremely attentive and courteous.

• Visited May 2014
Bristol, Tennessee
“Great service!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I tried Carolina style BBQ for the first time at Smithfield's. I must say, it's not for me - BUT, everything else was wonderful. The customer service is off the charts. Everyone was friendly and made sure we had everything we needed - and this is a fast food joint. Very cool. I loved everything else I had during my visit, especially the slaw. Great place to stop, if you like that style of BBQ.

• Visited April 2014