“Affordable and Comfortable”

Candlewood Suites Rocky Mount
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed here for 1 night while on business travel. I arrived a little early and tried to check in. I was turned away...I returned exactly at check in time and the unfriendly desk clerk reluctantly checked me in. She truly acted like I was putting her out....Telling me they had 61 check outs the night before. Honestly, it was irrelevant to me. After a day of traveling, I simply wanted to unwind and relax. After being assigned my room, I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The room was comfortable and clean. I unpacked and headed to the small outdoor pool. The area could have been cleaned up a bit and there were only a few (maybe 4) chaise lounge chairs, 2 small tables with 2 chairs each. Not truly unreasonable but no towels...You need to have towels at the pool or post a sign in the room so your guest are aware and take a bath towel from the room. The pool area had a small pavilion with gas grills -- I didn't use them, but a nice touch. The next morning I tried to bowl water for hot tea (not, no tea bags were provided -- I brought my own) the hot plate stove would not work. Disappointed but not a deal breaker as I used the microwave to boil my water. The kitchen was equipped with a normal size fridge and a sink that had a garbage disposal. The room also had a window that opened, which I greatly appreciated as well as great black out drapery. I slept well....Check out was easy however I had to stop at the front desk for my bill...The check in process was by far the worst part, but I would not let it deter me from staying here again if in the area. For the price, the room was very accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Cwood688, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Hello Darla P,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such a detailed review about our hotel. We are pleased that you chose Candlewood Suites as your recent stay. We would like to apologize for a few of your inconveniences. We are truly sorry for the way your check-in process was handled. We try our best to get our guests checked in as early as possible, if possible, at their time of arrival. We are glad that you enjoyed our pool area. We do accommodate our guest with pool towels, they are located under the gazebo area. We would are sorry that you couldn’t get your stove top to work, there is actually a timer located behind the stove top that turns it on, it is a safety feature, most guests do not know that. We are working to make signs for the stove top for easy handling for our guests. There is also tea located in the cabinets in the room and down in our Candlewood Cupboard for your convenience. If you have any questions or concerns during your next stay with us, please feel free to come down to the front desk and let us know, we are more than happy to help.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

On the way to Topsail Island stayed here. Front desk staff was very nice and courteous,room was very clean and had no problems bringing my bulldog. Close to major highways and attractions will for sure be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank luke127
Cwood688, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear luke127,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us here at the Candlewood Suites, Rocky Mount NC. We push really hard to make all our guests happy and comfortable when they stay with us. We can’t wait to see you traveling on the way back through.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

The front desk staff was always pleasant and outgoing, day or night. Our initial impression of the hotel was positive. The lobby appeared well-maintained and well-equipped with information for out of town guests, such as menus for local eateries. Our room was quite spacious and we loved the idea that it included a kitchenette for the price. However, one of our pillow cases was dirty, a bed sheet cover stained, and the telephone was down right dirty. It was obvious that the floors in the kitchen area had not seen a good mopping in quite some time by the color of my son's white socks after just an hour of our arrival. One of the glasses in our cabinet was also put away used. The bathroom was clean. Perhaps the staff go through the motions of their routine cleanings and checklist but do not often go above and beyond that. The entire room needs a deep cleaning once in awhile, especially in between hotel guests. If this advice is heeded for the future, this hotel could easily earn five stars.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank ValGal214
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Rocky Mount, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear ValGal214,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are pleased you liked the friendliness of our staff. We're sorry for the experience you had with your room accommodations. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We travel between Jacksonville, Fl and Annapolis, MD multiple times per year and break up our trip by staying in Rocky Mount, NC. After staying in several different hotels, two years ago we spent a night at the Candlewood Suites and were so impressed with the front desk manager Gregg, and the value for money of the Candlewood Suites Rocky Mount, that this is the only hotel we now stay in when in the area. This is our 4th stay in a year and a half and once again we were greeted by Gregg as if we were family! What a positive difference one person can make for a road weary traveller! Well done Gregg!

Room Tip: most rooms are equal relative to quiteness.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Tasha W,

Thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites, Rocky Mount NC as your recent stay in the Carolinas. After several different stays at several different hotels, we are very pleased to know that you decided to give our hotel a test run, we are even more pleased that you we met your expectations. We have a well trained staff that loves to make sure our guests are more than just guests. We can’t wait to see you aging on your way back through the area.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Very clean. The room was nice! The employees were very helpful and kind! I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Rocky Mount area! The only complaint I have is that the walls are a little thin you can hear a lot in the hall and the rooms next to you! But other than that the place was fantastic!

Stayed: July 2014

Dear jarredi94,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about our hotel. Candlewood Suites, Rocky Mount NC is delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. We take pride in knowing that we are running a well-established establishment. We strive to make every guest feel welcomed and at home.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I was traveling north from central Florida to New York and decided on getting a room near the half way point. I read the Trip Advisor reviews and selected the Candlewood Suites based on the positive reviews. I opted for the King bed suite, an excellent choice. The hotel and my room were spotless, tastefully appointed in neutral earth-tone colors. The suite had a kitchenette, full size fridge, microwave, cupboard and seating area. The living room had a leather recliner that was comfortable and a sofa bed and a flat panel tv. The bedroom had a door and separate closet, the bed was firm and comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and shower had great water pressure. The hotel is located right off of I-95 and shares a parking lot with a real New York style diner. Rocky Mount Harley Davidson is a minute walk from the hotel a real plus for us Harley aficionados. I will use this hotel again on my next jaunt south. Great for one night or an extended stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JSR122

Dear JSR122,

Candlewood Suites, Rocky Mount NC would like to thank you for writing such a detailed review. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed you recent stay here in the Rocky Mount area with us. We take pride in knowing that our guest are happy and comfortable staying with us. Our hotel offers several different amenities, whether it be for the extended stay guest or the guest that is just traveling through for one night, having local restaurants and place to shop around us is a plus. We most certainly can’t wait for your return on the way back through.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Exhausted after driving 12 hours straight and desperately needing to rest, my family picked up a Hotel Coupon book at a gas station along the way. We stopped at Candlewood and were greeted with a huge smile and perfect service. Our room was beautiful, updated and most of all clean! We had more amenities than we could take advantage of on this one night stay but it was so lovely to have. We were traveling back from a 5 day stay in Florida to visit family and this room was the nicest and most comfortable than any we had on the entire trip. The bed was great and I slept like a champ which is saying a lot since I'd caught a nasty cold and was feeling terrible.
The staff in the evening were wonderful and the check out staff were friendly and kind.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary S

Dear Mary S,

Thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites for your recent stay here in the Rocky Mount NC area. We are overjoyed to know that you had a fantastic stay. We put tons of effort into our hotel to ensure that our guests have the most pleasant stay possible, from clean rooms to friendly staff members, we do it all. Not to mention we offer great rates. We can’t wait for your next stay with us!