“Excellent food!”

Good for: Child-friendly
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We loved the food and service at this restaurant. While traveling through Rocky Mount we decided to use tripadvisor to find restaurants because we did not want to go to chain restaurants. This was one of our selections and it had great Italian food. I have been raving (in a good way) about it to friends all week. I had the Shrimp Parmesan and it was fantastic. Portions were huge; enought to take home if we lived close by. The staff was very attentive. I have an allergy. The waitress sent someone out to discuss the ingredients with me. Their Margarita was not made from a mix but juices etc - delicious too!. My husband enjoyed their wine list. The setting was not lavish but comfortable. Wish we were closer because I definitely would eat there again and again!

• Visited April 2013

elizabeth city, nc
“Good pizza, nice atmosphere, bland RUNNY lasagna”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I've been here twice. The first time was a family pizza outing. The pizza was very good--not the best I've ever had, but flavorful, with plenty of toppings. I'd recommend it.

Unfortunately, on the second visit, we chose the lasagna. This probably was the worst I've ever had. Bland, and drowned in a sweet, runny sauce, it literally dripped sauce to the point that I wished for a bib. Meat was in very short supply, and the cheese was skimpy. I've had far better lasagna frozen from the grocery store.

Service was good, and the atmosphere was nice for an independent Italian restaurant. Try the pizza, but avoid the lasagna.

• Visited March 2013
Rocky Mount, NC
“Good traditional Italian food”
Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

This is the best Italian food in Rocky Mount. Great outdoor patio. They have no bar seating though. Good pizza and you can order single size pizza.

ROCKY MOUNT
“Best Italian in the Area”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

My husband and I frequently dine at Mama's. It has a very relaxed atmosphere and it is locally owned and operated. The food is authentic and every dish is incredible. Among our favorites would be the Rolatini of Eggplant, shrimp marinara and lasagna. The cheesesteak special sub is outstanding as is the chicken parm. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone passing through Rocky Mount. The locals all know about it!

• Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very delicious!”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Very good Italian food. Many vegetarian options available! Pizza, and stuffed shells were wonderful. Service was good and they took care of us well. What a great find riding through Rocky Mount!