“Mediocre” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of LouReda's An American Table

LouReda's An American Table
Ranked #2 of 135 Restaurants in Rocky Mount
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Upscale casual with an elevated food and drink menu. Foods served can be found from all across the map, "An American Table". Great atmosphere, with beautifully plated, made from scratch foods
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I had dinner at Lou Reda's on a recent weekend. The decor is casual, nothing fancy. I was seated fairly quickly. The waiter was cordial and helpful. However, I would rate the food as just average. I started with a house salad, which was fresh and tasty. But the entree, an extremely small serving of salmon (about 4" x 3" and thin,) and the side of mashed potatoes (only slightly larger than a golf ball,) was not worth $16. (My salad and entree total was $25.) The salmon was below average in taste and preparation and the side of potatoes, though delicious was such a small serving size, I left feeling I had just paid $25. for an appetizer. I can purchase a better tasting, nicely prepared meal at another local restaurant (that is just as nice) for half the price. But everyone can have an off day. I will give them another try and hopefully be able to provide a better evaluation.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tarheeltraveler61

Connecticut
“Great selection & service at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Nice menu with a large selection of food, beer and wine. Prices were reasonable and service was excellent.

Visited March 2014
Greensboro, NC USA
“The best beef brisket ever on a fork!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Hey, if you are not spending the night in rocky mount, but just headed East...stop in at Lou Reda's!

I have had BBQ all over the southeast, and all the way to Austin and New Brunfels, TX...the best Beef Brisket I have ever had...he makes his own rubs and sauces, NO msg too!

1 Thank Hdwman
Avondale, Pennsylvania
“Down Home Taste For All Appetites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Being from PA, we were looking forward to good Southern cooking and local flavors and choices from the area. We were happy to have an exceptional experience here and will definitely return! Outstanding menu selection and tasty entrees; excellent service and ambience. We enjoyed the baby back ribs (tasty "secret" sauce), beef brisket (unbelievably tender), and grilled oysters (delicious seasonings & spices on them -- we regret we did not order a dozen), in addition to an amazing vanilla flan dessert like no other and a unique lemon/honey martini served in a triangular glass. Definitely worth trying and highly recommended.

Charlotte, NC
“Great find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I found this place by chance while trying to find another place for dinner. I was just passing trough Rocky Mount and honestly did not find a whole lot of good options on dining. They have mostly standard chain restaurant options. This was a very nice alternative. The food was very good, they had a nice variety to choose from including healthier options. The service was the very best. I had a question regarding their Tuna and the owner came to answer my questions himself. When I was done he checked to make sure I had a good experience. I would visit this place again in a heartbeat!