“I will never stay there again.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Rocky Mount Inn

Rocky Mount Inn
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Norfolk, Virginia
“I will never stay there again.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I have been staying at this hotel over 20 yrs ago. The last couple of visit been the worst. The rooms is so nasty. The mades isnt cleaning them rooms like they should and the carpet is so nasty if u walk on the floor with your socks on. Its best that u throw them away. Because they will never come clean again. I didn't understand how u run a hotel and the hotel don't own vaccums they always out of towels n wash clothes. I never seen a hotel that don't vaccum the rooms out after the guest leave. The guests have pets in all the room and they do not have special rooms for pets. Ever since that hotel been under new mangement they been going down and they is losing a lot of bussiness.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Myrisha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I’m not sure how anyone rated this above one star because this place was awful. They must have friends providing the positive reviews or people that normally sleep in tents. The price with AAA was cheap but I guess you get what you pay for. Our GPS said this was part of Best Western but I didn’t see that anywhere and it was below the standard of most Best Westerns I have stayed in. The area is sketchy and I did not feel safe here. Major people traffic in two rooms on our end made me wonder what the heck was going on in this place? The door had a huge gap in it (you could see outside) and even with the two locks I did not feel safe. The room was rundown , dirty and outdated. The bathtub was covered in yellow burn marks and toilet enamel was worn off throughout. The bathroom floor was slimy (have no idea what that was) and there was only two small stained towels. The room smelled musty and the AC/heating unit was very dirty. We all slept in our clothes, did not bathe and left early the next morning. They overcharged our card $40.00 so we are waiting to see if that is removed soon otherwise I guess we will have to deal with another issue as well. Never again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank LBiship
Wyoming, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Made reservation while driving North. Hotel was pet friendly and clean. Night desk clerk was not overly friendly, but did provide me with extra towels when asked. Mattresses were relatively new and very comfortable (so much so, we delayed leaving for an extra hour's sleep the next day). Breakfast was typical of Complimentary Continental offered as a perk with the reservation, but the breakfast area was clean, spacious and surrounded by large windows which made it very sunny and welcoming. Cost was low, but there was an added $20 pet charge. I hope they made good use of it, because our dogs were very clean, but despite the room being labeled Non-Smoking, it reeked of smoke. Also the shower temperature varied wildly, with no warning you could be scalded or frozen.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

My semi broke down and the manager came and picked me up in her personal car so I didn't have to take a taxi.the staff at the hotel went above and beyond to make sure my stay was as pleasant as could be.God bless you guys

• Stayed February 2014
Annandale, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

It was dark when we arrived and we thought we were smart to ask for a room in the back,. We did not know that a rail track was very close, and freight trains keep rumbling along during the night... Bring your ear plugs, and don't expect too much for the price.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Felix553
Forest, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I work in Rocky Mount on occasion and always stay here. The room is clean and spacious and allows smoking in the room. It is large enough to do training in it. The staff is great and the breakfast is good. The bed is comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SUSANCROUCH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

I really appreciate the cleanliness and friendly service this hotel provide. It felt like home and I am from VA. I would like to thank the staff for making me comfortable. Thanks guys for a job well done.

• Stayed January 2014