“Won't Stay Again”

Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Rocky Mount
Burlington, NJ
“Won't Stay Again”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just like many others, traveled back from Orlando on my way to NJ. This place was well off the highway I-95. We passed several other hotels/motels, restaurants, and stores. It is definitely a motel. The first room we went to smelled like smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. They gave us another room and it was better. AC wasn't the best. Heard a lot of road noise as our room faced the parking lot and main road. I was glad when the ac was on because it helped mask the road and parking lot noise. We had an old school tv but at least the reception was fine. We were a family of 6 travelling. We booked two rooms so we had 3 in each room. They for some reason only had a reservation for one room. The check-in manager did give me the second room for the same price as the first. I did find that there weren't enough towels and washcloths and toiletries were limited. The bed/sheets were clean and comfortable. I am not a picky person, but it was just not a good place to stay with a family. If we weren't so tired, we would have left. We were on a budget and thought this would be decent enough for an overnight stay. I would not stay there ever again. I would definitely pay for a better place to stay next time.

Room Tip: Stay in a room in the back--quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Judi B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were driving from Florida to Washington, DC and needed a place to stay on the way. By midnight we were tired of driving. This hotel was listed as part of the Best Western chain, so we stopped. I'm glad to say that it is no longer a part of Best Western - because it was awful. The man who checked us in couldn't figure out how to run our credit card - so he gave us a discount - that was the only good part of the stay. The room we were given had two full beds instead of the standard two Queens. My teenagers went in to shower before they went to bed - and there was actually water under the floor of the fiberglass bathtub! The entire floor of the tub moved under you! The door latch had to be "jimmied" to get it to catch, and the safety latch pulled out of the wall the next morning when we opened it! The carpeting actually felt kind of sticky under my socks - so I definitely did not walk on it barefoot! At this point it was after 1:00 am - or we would have left! My best advice is if you are driving along I-95 for a trip, make a reservation ahead of time for your stop - and avoid this place!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Diane B
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The Rocky Mount Inn is a quaint little, older place to stay for an overnite or two. We were very impressed with the cleanliness, and the size of the room. The beds were okay comfy, 2 in each room, and a table with two chairs. I was a little worried when I read a few negative reviews, as I AM A VERY PICKY PERSON...& it was not at all a bad place!!!! The breakfast was very good, as was the customer service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SHARON S
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I have been staying at this hotel over 20 yrs ago. The last couple of visit been the worst. The rooms is so nasty. The mades isnt cleaning them rooms like they should and the carpet is so nasty if u walk on the floor with your socks on. Its best that u throw them away. Because they will never come clean again. I didn't understand how u run a hotel and the hotel don't own vaccums they always out of towels n wash clothes. I never seen a hotel that don't vaccum the rooms out after the guest leave. The guests have pets in all the room and they do not have special rooms for pets. Ever since that hotel been under new mangement they been going down and they is losing a lot of bussiness.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Myrisha
Virginia
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I’m not sure how anyone rated this above one star because this place was awful. They must have friends providing the positive reviews or people that normally sleep in tents. The price with AAA was cheap but I guess you get what you pay for. Our GPS said this was part of Best Western but I didn’t see that anywhere and it was below the standard of most Best Westerns I have stayed in. The area is sketchy and I did not feel safe here. Major people traffic in two rooms on our end made me wonder what the heck was going on in this place? The door had a huge gap in it (you could see outside) and even with the two locks I did not feel safe. The room was rundown , dirty and outdated. The bathtub was covered in yellow burn marks and toilet enamel was worn off throughout. The bathroom floor was slimy (have no idea what that was) and there was only two small stained towels. The room smelled musty and the AC/heating unit was very dirty. We all slept in our clothes, did not bathe and left early the next morning. They overcharged our card $40.00 so we are waiting to see if that is removed soon otherwise I guess we will have to deal with another issue as well. Never again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank LBiship
Wyoming, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Made reservation while driving North. Hotel was pet friendly and clean. Night desk clerk was not overly friendly, but did provide me with extra towels when asked. Mattresses were relatively new and very comfortable (so much so, we delayed leaving for an extra hour's sleep the next day). Breakfast was typical of Complimentary Continental offered as a perk with the reservation, but the breakfast area was clean, spacious and surrounded by large windows which made it very sunny and welcoming. Cost was low, but there was an added $20 pet charge. I hope they made good use of it, because our dogs were very clean, but despite the room being labeled Non-Smoking, it reeked of smoke. Also the shower temperature varied wildly, with no warning you could be scalded or frozen.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My semi broke down and the manager came and picked me up in her personal car so I didn't have to take a taxi.the staff at the hotel went above and beyond to make sure my stay was as pleasant as could be.God bless you guys

• Stayed February 2014