“Neighbor Bar”

Ruby Tuesday
Ranked #73 of 149 Restaurants in Rocky Mount
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Great atmosphere, great food and great service. Feels like home to me.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

Chain restaurants are never our first choice, but this one provided a nice surprise foodwise. The menu had a lot of choices and the food that was served was fresh and tasty. Unfortunately, the wait staff was slow and tended to disappear just when you needed them. We waited almost twenty minutes for our check---an aggravation for us since we were anxious to reach our hotel at a reasonable hour and had 200 miles to travel. However, we still left with a postive opinion overall, and will try our local Ruby Tuesday some time this fall.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

One of the few bad Ruby Tuesdays we've encountered in our travels.
Our waiter was too busy to be attentive to us. Then, when my wife's white wine came, it was very warm. We sent it back and it returned a little more chilled but watered down. Do we think the girl tending bar added ice water to it to fool us? Yes--it happened before at another Ruby Tuesdays (company policy?)
The food was OK, but the above makes me rate this Ruby very tarnished.

Reviewed 23 September 2011

I don't even know where to begin...Upon being seated we ordered drinks. Having been told his choice of beer might not be available, my husband gave the server a 2nd choice. She came back and told us that was not available either, when he repeated the name she said Oh, we might really have that, some time later she did indeed appear with his request.
I ordered a hamburger to share with my husband. The menu states it comes with a salad bar and a side. So I requested the premium side (for $1 more) of salad. This caused a huge stir and it took several inquiries and about 10 minutes to determine that was not allowable. Being prepared for this response, he immediately ordered the Shrimp Fondue which was being highly promoted, as in; if your server doesn't ask if you want it, it's free. He indicated he wanted this served as an appetizer. By now I'm getting hungry and go to the salad bar. Not only did I get my salad, but I had completed eating it before his appetizer arrived. And that was only after we prompted our server.
The food itself was good. However, the length of time to receive our drinks and food was unacceptable. I understand the server does not have control over the kitchen, but I would certainly think a special would be easy to serve. This was not a custom made dish.
There was not a full restaurant. Only about half of the seating was filled during the time we were there, having arrived around 7 pm.
Guarantee I won't go back to this Ruby Tuesday.

Reviewed 17 September 2011

My husband and I went to Ruby Tuesday for dinner, arriving about 9:10pm...we ordered the turkey burger with salad bar and spring rolls with salad bar. About 9:50pm I asked our waiter if he could get the manager...we still had not received our food, but had been eating the salad bar since we got there. 9:55, I'm up at the bar asking to see the manager....who was at the time talking with employees.....and I'm at this point very upset. She eventually addressed me, by now 10pm....asking if I had any problems or
concerns.....told her the story...she said the turkey burger was done but other was not,
she was just informed that their fryers or ovens had went out. She further asked if I wanted something else in place of the rolls, which I declined and said she apologized and would bring the turkey burger right out. I then stated it too late for that as we are at this point we are just ready to go......she finally said she would take care of the salad bars and beverages and apologized again. My concern to her was why the customer wasn't notified as soon as she found out......where was the consideration? Even our waiter acted as if he knew nothing...but kept saying your food is on it's way out...which of course was not true....we won't be going back there anytime soon!

concer