“Just ok”

Mayflower Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 144 Restaurants in Rocky Mount
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Finally tried out the restaurant and was not as impressed as I thought I would be. I've heard alot of hype about this place so I was expecting great things. All I got was a lot of bland seafood. I mean "alot". they do give you BIG portions. besides that, nothing new. I'm from Maryland, so we do seafood up here as good as anybody. I eat it almost daily. so bland seafood to me is ok, but not great. This restaurant is located in a part of the country that is not known for seafood. they do "pork" here very well, not seafood. I think this place stays crowded and the locals give it such high marks because they are filling a knitch in this area that not alot of restaurants are attempting. fried seafood with no pork on the menu. no bbq!! In eastern north carolina! they have a menu that no one in the area has, so they are special. with equates to crowds and waiting lines. but if your from a seafood centric area and you eat at Mayflower, then the food is just ok..

1  Thank beachcrazy59

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Chain type restaurant. Large portions of seafood, mostly fried. Even the sides are on the bigger side. Plan on a box to take home some.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

My wife and I eat here every time we go to Myrtle Beach. Very good seafood for the money. We are always full when we leave. Give this place a try.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Very good seafood and lots of it! If you leave here hungry - you might have some serious issues. Quite a few people go there and share a plate - it's just that much food. They have other items too - the chicken tenders are real breast meat. It appears to me two tenders equal one breast. The grilled pork chops are also very good! Not sure what they do different but their baked potato is the best I've ever had. Be sure to dip the hot homemade hush puppy in butter! Great onion rings. Usually, our bill (for two) runs about $20 including tip. Very reasonable daily specials most days. Give it a try but wear something loose or stretchy!

Reviewed 13 August 2012

Fried shrimp/flounder is always excellent, and the portions are huge. I eat here 3-4 time s a year, and have only had one meal that was not up to standards.