“Filthy”

Americas Express Inn Rocky Mount
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Rocky Mount
“Filthy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

Cute lobby, but wait till you get in the elevators and smell dog feces, the rooms are fully equipt, but filthy, carpets are super stained, counters are sticky, probably jam or some orbs substance, we told the receptionist and canceled our stay, Whats funny us you can't smoke, but your pet can crap allover the place....BTW when they tell you no pets allowed in floor 3 or 4, don't believe it!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank montse6626

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

This was a Horrible Hotel with regards to service, cleanliness, amenities, location, and safety! It was obvious that the owner was renting rooms on an hourly basis to very unsavory clientele. I did not think my car would still be in the parking lot when I awoke, or at the very least, it would be vandalized. There was no breakfast; & no coffee in the room. When I asked the desk clerk for coffee, he took me to the Laundry room, and poured coffee from a communal pot. The bed spreads were filthy. There was no remote for the TV. The bathroom towels were thin as paper towels; there was one soap; No hair dryer. There was a piece of wood in the window to "secure" the window from outside entry. I was afraid to unpack my car alone. We drove around for an hour before we found the Hotel, as as the owner spoke such horrible English, he was inept at helping us with directions. I felt so strongly about preventing another individual from having this bad experience, that I called Bank of America and asked them to please remove this Hotel from their Power Rewards redemption page on line.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank silkasmom
Delanco,NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2010

We travel north-south on I-95 several times a year. Our MO is to pick up coupon booklets and, when we decide we've had enough driving for the day, pick the cheapest motel that sounds reasonable. The Country Hearth Inn (also called Motel 9 Express) at about $43 (with taxes) was below expectations. The smoke alarm was disconnected, the TV worked before dinner but not after and had neither CNN nor FNC, the bathroom sink didn't drain properly, the toilet ran, there were no hand towels, the carpet was quite dirty, if you sat off-center on the bed it tipped off it's platform ......you get the idea. It did have WIFI as advertised.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank twenda
307 mosly court
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2010

i stayed there before 2 days for my business trip. when i checked in i request for non smoking room, but when i run out to room the lobby and in the room smelling like odd and when i go to front desk the guy change the room for me and the 2nd room same as well. i called to front desk clark that can i speak with manager he said he is the manager so i isked his name and he said my name is JANI. i request to him, mr. JANI can i have nice room than that because this room very stink and seems like somebody smoke and he said sorry, and hang up my phone. so i left this motel and go to next motel. but only i lelf this note for the owner because when i asked to manager please gives me phone nomber for owner so i can talk about rooms and all he said to me that he just start this job so he dont have his number. please read this note whoever owner of this motel that your front desk dont know how to handel guest services. please train first them. hope you can read my note.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank john307moslycourt
PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2007

I have stayed in Super 8's before and never had any problems. When I found this Super 8 under their website I telephoned the 800 number to make a reservation. The website said it had been recently renovated, not!! Also the motel pictures looked like a decent place to stay, not!! The room had a horrible smell, the bathtub looked like it had mold around it and the carpet dirty. My daughter was afraid to walk in the room in her barefeet. At the continental breakfast offered in the morning it was just coffee and tiny prepackaged donuts. The man I spoke to on the 800 number told me it was to be juice, coffee, cereals, donuts, pastries. The counter that the donuts & coffee were on was also very sticky and had crumbs on it. The counter looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time. At checkout we complained to the man at the front desk, he wanted to hear nothing about it. He told us to throw the keys in the basket and walked away. We should of never stayed overnite but we were unable to find a place to stay and had had a long day of driving. If I had to do it over again I would of lost my money and kept on driving. This Super 8 is a disgrace to the motel chain.

• Liked — The man at the front desk was polite at check in
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family