“Nice place, but willing to try something else next time.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rodanthe
Rodanthe Watersports and Campground
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Nice place, but willing to try something else next time.”
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Camping literally by a body of water, but not the beach. The beach is about a quarter mile the other way, but easy to walk. Camp area is clean, there are hot showers, and friendly staff. The downside is that everyone is real close to one another. Also, if someone poops in their RV, it stinks up the entire campground with sewage. That's what happens when you convert a parking lot into a campsite though. However, you can't complain about the price for the location.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 3 July 2011

So me and my girl friend made plans for the fourth to go camping. When we got here the first thing we wanted to do was shower. When we showered in both showers ( men room and womans room) there was no hot water in the mens shower there was dead bugs and very un clean. The parking is tight we had to make a 20great point turn to get my gfs edge out of the hole we had to park in. The first night was breezy nothing to bad the next night it was so windy my tent swayed every which way all night causing us to get no sleep. Needless to say we will not be returning!

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank jdmtom06
Trinity, NC
Reviewed 10 June 2011

My husband and I camped here for 3 nights and wished we could have stayed longer! The sunsets were beautiful and our tent site was right next to the water. The owner was really nice and helpful. We loved the out door showers and will be going back again and hopefully we can stay longer.

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NCSunflower
Tidewater, VA
Reviewed 28 December 2010

My teenage son and I had a great time! Campground is right on the sound and the ocean and a great fishing pier are within walking distance. Lots of windsurfers and kite boarders to watch and the Wave Runners we rented were a blast. Well be back next year!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Washington DC
Reviewed 10 September 2010

This funky little Mom & Pop campsite right on the Pamlico Sound is perfect for Kieboarders or Windsurfers like myself who want to be able to ride on the water and camp out both at the same spot. I have made a number of trips down to the OBX and never have I gotten in more riding than I have by staying here, after I rigged up my kit it stayed rigged the entire weekend either on their small beach or beside my tent while I slept or ate in between sessions! And for only $20 bucks a night the price can't be beat in the area. Would be a great place for families as well because they rent bikes, kayaks, Jet Skis, etc...

The only negative aspect to this place is the extremely close proximity of the campsites to each other (see my pics). I understand why they had to utilize the small amount of seaside land they have the way they did and to be honest all of the other campgrounds in the immediate area have similar set ups. My tent was was squeezed in a spot with an RV about 6 feet to my right and another tent 6 feet on my left. Unfortunately the campers on my left were extremely obnoxious and kept me awake untill 2 am with drunken noise and radio/ bongo playing, apparently there is a campsite quite hours rule after 10 pm but it appeared to be not enforced unless you complain directly to the owner. I complained to my noisy neighbors and they cooled it down to "speaking voices" but when you are laying in a tent 6 feet away even that is enough to keep you wide wake.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
holly
Reviewed 29 August 2010

This place was great! Very laid back, nice indoor and outdoor showers, clean, a small place to do your dishes, almost on top of the bay with great sunsets, and a short walk from the ocean. We loved it and will return soon!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank the_everman
Washington, DC area
Reviewed 23 August 2009

We traveled to Rodanthe Watersports and Campground in our RV and our 3 young children all under 6 years of age. We will definitely go back to stay again! Nice shower area, nice campsites, friendly service and lots of fun.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rodanthe
Comfort Inn South Oceanfront
#10 of 13 in Nags Head
Owens' Motel
Owens' Motel
#12 of 13 in Nags Head

Been to Rodanthe Watersports and Campground? Share your experiences!