“Best value in the OBX”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rodanthe
Rodanthe Watersports and Campground
Tidewater, VA
“Best value in the OBX”
Reviewed 28 December 2010

My teenage son and I had a great time! Campground is right on the sound and the ocean and a great fishing pier are within walking distance. Lots of windsurfers and kite boarders to watch and the Wave Runners we rented were a blast. Well be back next year!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Washington DC
Reviewed 10 September 2010

This funky little Mom & Pop campsite right on the Pamlico Sound is perfect for Kieboarders or Windsurfers like myself who want to be able to ride on the water and camp out both at the same spot. I have made a number of trips down to the OBX and never have I gotten in more riding than I have by staying here, after I rigged up my kit it stayed rigged the entire weekend either on their small beach or beside my tent while I slept or ate in between sessions! And for only $20 bucks a night the price can't be beat in the area. Would be a great place for families as well because they rent bikes, kayaks, Jet Skis, etc...

The only negative aspect to this place is the extremely close proximity of the campsites to each other (see my pics). I understand why they had to utilize the small amount of seaside land they have the way they did and to be honest all of the other campgrounds in the immediate area have similar set ups. My tent was was squeezed in a spot with an RV about 6 feet to my right and another tent 6 feet on my left. Unfortunately the campers on my left were extremely obnoxious and kept me awake untill 2 am with drunken noise and radio/ bongo playing, apparently there is a campsite quite hours rule after 10 pm but it appeared to be not enforced unless you complain directly to the owner. I complained to my noisy neighbors and they cooled it down to "speaking voices" but when you are laying in a tent 6 feet away even that is enough to keep you wide wake.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
holly
Reviewed 29 August 2010

This place was great! Very laid back, nice indoor and outdoor showers, clean, a small place to do your dishes, almost on top of the bay with great sunsets, and a short walk from the ocean. We loved it and will return soon!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank the_everman
Washington, DC area
Reviewed 23 August 2009

We traveled to Rodanthe Watersports and Campground in our RV and our 3 young children all under 6 years of age. We will definitely go back to stay again! Nice shower area, nice campsites, friendly service and lots of fun.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 27 August 2008

We planned a surf trip on the Outer Bank in North Carolina and I visited trip advisor prior to book a campground. There was only one review for the Rodanthe Watersports and Campground but it made us reserve at that place.

I reserved camp site #14 a week before our stay.

When we arrived there we were happy to see that the campground was small and the staff were friendly. Our tent was about 20ft from the beach and we enjoyed nice sunsets.

One of our friends went to rent a surfboard and got a real good deal because we wre staying on the campground.

The showers were clean and you don't have to pay to shower.

Make sure to bring a solid tent because the wind is very strong at night and it broke ours.

If you are afraid of toombstone you shouldn't choose site #14 because there is a 1850 toombstone of a 2 years old girl who is located almost on the tent site.

Other than that, everything was very kool.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
nashville
Reviewed 25 June 2008

We just got back from a week's stay in the Outer Banks. We spent two nights at the Rodanthe Watersports Campground. I called ahead the week before and made reservations, and when we got there we had one of the best sites. We were in site 14, the last one on the sound side. I would request one on the sound side, to avoid being put in a site by the road. It was $25 a night for two people, so $50 total. It was within walking distance to the beach, but we drove on the beach at a drive-on point south of town. There were other campgrounds to choose from on the ocean side, but they were more expensive and had a lot more people. This campsite was perfect for a couple that was just looking to get away from it all and relax.

Make sure you bring some bug spray for the little bugs at night!

4 Thank jaxmonkey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rodanthe
Comfort Inn South Oceanfront
#2 of 6 in Buxton
Cape Hatteras Motel
Cape Hatteras Motel
#4 of 6 in Buxton

Been to Rodanthe Watersports and Campground? Share your experiences!