“BEST spot!!”

St. Clair Landing Family Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rodanthe
St. Clair Landing Family Campground
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“BEST spot!!”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Finding this campground was one of my absolute favorite parts of my visit to OBX!! The view of the sunsets over the water was picture perfect every night. There was enough space for kids to play freely, enjoy water sports or just kick back and nap on the pier. The feel is very much safe, clean and friendly. The owners were so wonderful and hospitable that they felt very much like family after only our second day.

I haven't been there in over 3 years and only now I have gotten around to writing this review. It was just that good that I couldn't let another year go by without either posting this or booking my next reservation there :)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank LMFAT

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Windsor, Virginia
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Have been coming here several times a year for the past 5 years or so and wouldn't stay anywhere else! Nice family campground. Peaceful, clean, and kid- friendly. Great owners. No need to worry about being crammed next to rowdy neighbors or next to the entrance of the bathroom. There is no mini-golf or swimming pool, but my kids (age 11 and 15) love the sound and riding their bikes. I love the relaxing atmosphere, the friendly regulars and the beautiful sunsets. This is our favorite place to be!

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Debra M
Mathias, West Virginia
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I stumbled across St. Clair Landing quite by accident, and I am so glad I did!

My fiance and I had come down to Hatteras Island to look at an Airstream trailer that was for sale. It was housed at a campground further south on the island, and we ended up spending the night there. We purchased the trailer and then had an unbelievably negative encounter with the owner of the campground, paid for our nights stay and left, trailer in tow, with no idea where we were going to stay the next few nights. I was literally in tears as we left. Did I mention it was also my birthday?!

We drove all the way down to Hatteras and made our way all the way back up the island, stopping at every campground we saw. None of them really appealed to us for one reason or another. Just as we were groaning at the sight of the sprawling KOA in Rodanthe I happened to turn my head and saw the sign for St. Clair Landing. We turned in and headed between two rows of tidy trailers that looked like permanent residents. As we neared the end of the lane the campground opened up in front of us and we knew we had found the place for our Airstream!

This campground was exactly what we were looking for! There are ample tent and trailer sites. Full electric and sewer is available, and there are picnic tables at each site. The bath house is always clean, with washers and dryers on site. There is an outside shower which I always make a point to use at night, under the stars :) Pets on leashes are welcome which is a huge issue for us being a family of dog lovers! The campground is soundfront, and the sunsets are breathtaking! There is a dock and kayaks for campers to use.

Irvin and Sheri are wonderful hosts, and they helped us find a place to park our trailer not far from St. Clair, where it waits for our return. It was the first time we had ever stayed so far north on Hatteras Island, and I am so glad we discovered St. Clair Landing! We cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: Reservations reccomended, especially as more people discover this hidden gem!!
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank somethinfroggy
Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We have stayed at SCL for 3 years in a row and are returning for a 2nd trip this year! We love this little campground. The owners and regular guest have made it a point to make us feel like family.. Rates are fantastically reasonable, bath house is clean, atmosphere just brings you in. Sunsets on the water are priceless. The addition of the veggie stand is a plus! We just about cry when we have to leave. I recommend this campground to anyone who enjoys camping, Any one who disagrees with us and have a problem with SCL...well they are just sticks in mud!!!! WE LOVE, LOVE , LOVE SCL AND WE WILL BE BACK.!!! Best kept secret on Hatteras Island!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Tdaisydo
Reviewed 30 July 2010

This is a small campground with about 30 annual site rentals as well as several daily/weekly sites on the soundside. Pretty basic no frills camping. Rules & regulations change according to the which side of the bed the owner woke up on. The name states' family campground' but that is not always true. Family should mean married couple & their children that live with them. If your teenage child attends college then YEARLY RENTERS beware as they may not be welcome in your trailer anymore once they attend college. Yearly renters CANNOT stay from the end of Nov till early April even though they pay a hefty YEARLY site lease fee since campground is CLOSED 4 months of the year. Spring 2010 saw the addition of fruit/veggie stand on busy HWY 12 at campground entrance. There is a small bath-house with washer & dryer. There is also no room if you bring your boat but road front sign implies there is. Beautiful sunsets are the best feature for the short term campers as they have all the waterfront sites.

• Stayed July 2011
9 Thank boxxtramp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rodanthe
Comfort Inn South Oceanfront
The Inn on Pamlico Sound
Cape Hatteras Motel
Cape Hatteras Motel
#4 of 6 in Buxton

Been to St. Clair Landing Family Campground? Share your experiences!