“I LOVED IT!!!!”

North Beach Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rodanthe
North Beach Campground
Reviewed 11 July 2013

,me and my husband spent our 1 year anniversary here and we had a tent spot right at the back where we were as close to the ocean as possible! IT WAS AWESOME!!!, the store was right there, nice bathrooms with showers, picnic table, and electric hookup. I have been wanting to go back for a few years now just dont have the time, but we will def return to this camp ground!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole R

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Friendly,helpful,courteous neighbors. Travelers always driving thru to see just how nice a place it is. Don't be afraid, this campsite is just what you need to have great fun with family and friends. The campground is for permanent campers that can be taken away during storms of destruction or call and bring in yours for a while. Hey,the ocean is right there. Can't beat it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank rkylyyo
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My husband and our 4 kids camp at North beach every summer. We stay there the first part of our vacation week then go stay at Ebb tide motel for the rest of the week. We usually tent camp in the site beside the pool. I have read all the other reviews on here and can't help but laugh at some of them. What do people expect that are paying $30 to camp at the beach? I mean really North Beach is not that bad. The only complaints I have are the tiny dark not so inviting restroom near the camp store and the trash truck waking us up at 5 am followed by the beer truck, bread truck etc. We go back there every summer because it is affordable, it is a piece of land to pop up our tent so that we can spend our days on the beautiful beaches of the outer banks making memories with our kids. North beach is not as bad as others have made it out to be:)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Tara R
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Mostly permanent sites that are dumps. Our "camping spot" was by the road, very tiny grass area. Bathrooms were dirty. Stay away from this place. Big red sign on cash register "No Refunds." I'm guessing lots of people ask. We had reservations for 2 nights but only stayed one. Several other campgrounds in this same area were very nice. Cost was only $30 but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CarolDiane1962
Reviewed 20 August 2011

If you're looking for a laid back campground with year round residents and beach bums with no one judging your camping style, rig, or your appearance this is the park for you. If your looking for 3 star accommodations this is not your ideal choice. From my personal experience I will never choose to stay here again only from the way our booking was handled. We booked our camp site in July for a mid-August date and was told that our site was the closest to the beach and near the bath house, at the rate we were quoted we were pleased and gave the deposit which was equivalent to two nights stay and booked a full week. When we arrived after over a 14 hour drive we were asked by the front desk if we had a 4 wheel drive truck because the lot was one of the only ones that was all sand. We did not and were unable to use the site with a pop up trailer due to being unable to level it or to get it in or out of the lot. After we explained to the staff that we couldn't use the site they offered us a site in the parking lot tent area that was infested with fire ants and so small that we wouldn't be able to fully slide out our slides; not at all appropriate. Needless to say we left without a refund and had to make last minute arrangements for our stay. After we had already made secondary plans the campsite called to offer us to use the same spot with use of another vehicle to put our rig into spot. The lot was misrepresented as a pop up lot and is only appropriate for tent use. Please be sure to know every particular about your site before you book.

Room Tip: The tent sites are a little walk from the beach by the mini pool.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank carly t
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I had never traveled to this area before and could find very little in the way of reviews or photos of North Beach Campground. I had hoped for much, much better when booking a spot for my tent at this location but was sadly disappointed as soon as I pulled in.

The Cons:
This was more of a trailer park/mobile home graveyard than a campground. I believe that this place is a residence for most (i.e. trailer park) and the mobile homes were pretty much dilapidated to say the least.

When tent camping you are literally camping in a gas station parking lot with a smelly dumpster 50 yards away with absolutely no shade, with the exception of one of the four tent sites having a small tree. I barely slept due to the extremely bright lights from the gas station/campmart and the road noise. Highway 12 is only about 75 yards from the tent area.

The Pros:
The Beach is a quick walk through the trailer park, the bathroom & showers were relatively clean, and you have a store on site with basically anything you could need while camping...plus the staff were very nice.

All in all not an experience I wish to repeat again. If you are looking for real camping with nature then go to another Island like my heart kept telling me to do as I drove through. I would have given anything for a review of this place to have steered me in the right direction being that I had never traveled to the Outer Banks before. Now I know the difference in the areas of the Outer Banks and will choose more wisely next time.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dawn M
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I was very disappointed by the owner Not the staff They were very rude and not very welcoming at all. Two of our guest were hurt the property and it wasnt even acknowledged NEVER STAY THERE !!!!!BEWARE!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Bklynbs

Been to North Beach Campground? Share your experiences!