“Unit 17. Waves village resort” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Waves Village Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rodanthe
Waves Village Resort
Carlisle pa
“Unit 17. Waves village resort”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

I will start with the positive then move to reality of this rental. The views are spetacular and the finishes are beautiful. It's about 3 blocks to beach. Go to rodanthe pier for chair drop off parking. Nice wide beaches. We are staying week of 6/9/2012. Now reality. When we arrived, the previous tenants had left disgustung Item under sink, dishes in washer were dirty, and coffee maker was dirty. I swept floor then went on to mop it but mop in unit was not usable and no vacuum was provided. IMHO the owner/realty company is penny wise and pound foolish. The kitchen is not fully equipped. We have 6 forks, 2 serving bowls. The first day when i went to make breakfast the frying pans were not usable - burnt and scaped up to unhealthy level. it took a day to have new ones delivered by the owner and I had to have cleaning crew return to mop floor. The wood blinds are dusty. When I suggested they need to clean better I was told owner did not authorize spring cleaning(#foolish) . bedroom fan not working- was told they need to get maintenance and were aware. Well do it while we r here. If only owner would fully equip the kitchen, have spring cleaning done and address items in this review, this would be a top destination. Day 2 go to make dinner and can opener does not work, freezer stuck shut, and hot tub not heating. So on my 5th call to maintenance, they tell me to flip hot tub breaker- works great. Can opener is delivered with new pans. Need to have them look at freezer but in interim my husband manages to get it open. The run down abandoned motel next door and dilapidated water park are eye sores and should be removed. A touch of landscaping around building would really spruce area up. I get that the people before are part of issue but that is cleaning crew comes in to fix all that. The crew for this resort should be fired. Also it would have been nice if the owner would leave instructions on hot tub, etc in the unit and would have offered apology or some minor compensation for our trouble. I love the finishes in the place and would love to come back to this location with my extended family if I felt confident the owner would address these issues. We love to cook gourmet meals on vacation and it is impossible with this kitchen. With less than $50 on kitchen supplies and repairs this place would be great. Now it is just mediocre.

Room Tip: Look everything over when u arrive and get list to mgr to resolve any issues so it gets fixed while...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank P W

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Ballston Spa, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Beautiful spot on the sound. Loved just sitting on the deck & watching the setting sun. The condo was classy with all the extras. The only thing was the sad shape of adjacent properties. The caved in pool next door & run down water park was a big turn off.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
      Rooms
5 Thank mhenrdh
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

I reserved a condo at the property for a week in Sept. 2011. They happily took the entire amount for the stay two weeks before we were scheduled to check in. Hurricane Irene washed away part of Rt. 12 rendering the property inaccessible. After several phone calls to the company were not returned, I eventually reached Nick the sales rep. He informed me that Waves Village would not be refunding my money and would be keeping the entire amount. I am in disbelief that they think this is acceptable.

I have reserved several properties over the years and have never had an experience like this. I am in the process of filing a suit to recoup my money. Stay elsewhere. This is a bad business.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
32 Thank bclarke99
Washington, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

We stayed for a week in June in the Sunset on the Sound unit, the same week, in fact that Superstar5622 stayed. Great location, plenty of room, loved the hot tub and view from our private terrace. A

lthough there were only 3 of us, we chose not to rent out our extra room as my 18 year old son decided he preferred that room to the 3rd bedroom, mostly because of the placement of the TV in relation to the bed. He's a gamer and had no convenient access to that TV while the TV in the rentable bedroom was much easier to hook up his equipment to.

We had a really great time and would love to go back. Other than the inconvenient placement of the television in the one room, the only other complaints I had was the soft spot in the master bath and the fact that their website advised us to bring toilet paper, paper towels and other items that took up considerable space in our car and when we got there all the items were supplied to us. I could have made great use of the extra space if we had known!

Nick, it was a great week even without the extra stuff I could have packed! Look forward to staying with you all again.

I hope you didn't get hit too hard by Irene!!!!!

Room Tip: This is a 9 unit condo. If you want a lot of natural light in your rooms, don't choose units 18...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Just returned from a week at Waves Village Resort. We could not have been happier. Our unit was very spacious and comfortable for our family of 4 (two teens – 13 & 18). We were in the 1st floor middle unit (Love Shack) which is actually 1-story up, so you have a great view of the sound & the kite boarders which are fascinating to watch. The location is perfect for taking day trips to Nags Head/Kitty Hawk or Hatteras/Ocracoke. The beach nearby was beautiful, clean, and not very crowded at all. We also tried the breakfast buffet at the onsite restaurant, Good Winds, and it was awesome!

The only issue I can report is the family above us had a 4-year-old who insisted on running up and down the entire length of their unit sounding like a small horse! We mentioned it to Nick. If he said anything to them, it didn’t seem to discourage them any.

We would definitely recommend Waves Village Resort and hope to return in the near future.

Room Tip: DO NOT use Hatteras Realty to rent a unit! Contact Waves Village directly.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Packman1984
Fort Wayne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

My husband and I spent a wonderfully relaxing week at the Waves Village Resort in June 2011. We were in the Kite Boarders Paradise Unit. Nick was wonderful to work with during the reservation process and leading up to our trip; he returned my calls/e-mails very promptly and was very helpful.

The condo was plenty big for the 2 of us, we rented out the one room (through Nick & the resort) for a few nights which was some nice extra money for us. The kitchen was amazing and had everything we needed. LOVED watched the sunset from the balcony. Used the hot tub almost every night. Used the pool, don't think it was heated but most days it was plenty comfortable. Nice alternative to the occasionally very windy & sandy beach (which was about a 10 minute walk). Nice to be on the sound and away from so much sand. Enjoyed watching the kiteboarders, quiet entertaining.

My only negative was that the condo wasn't as clean as I had hoped/expected. Someone with a dog must have stayed right before us because there was quite a bit of dog hair on the ground. Also, only 1 bed (of 3) had what we deemed clean enough sheets the first night. We washed them ourselves on day 2 and then they were ok but I'd recommend checking that asap when you get there. Maybe just leftover dog hair in the dryer? I don't know. That was the only letdown, rest of the week was amazing and so relaxing.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank superstar5622
WavesVillage, Manager at Waves Village Resort, responded to this review, 5 July 2011
We are very appreciative of the glowing review of our condos (besides one issue - addressed below). The private deck (with hot tub, deck furniture, and gas grill) is a guest favorite - especially around sunset time when many of the shop pro's are out kiteboarding for all to see.

Although all condos are 3 bed/3 bath units, we don't always have to rent them that way, so it makes it more affordable for couples traveling alone or with 1 or 2 others to just rent 2 bedrooms and still get all other amenities (besides 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom). The pull out couch allows guests to sleep as many as 6 people and still be able to rent out 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom (which are locked off from the condo) while being totally separated and "locked off" from the other customer.

In regards to the pet hair on the sheets and floor:
This particular guest did ask questions before arriving, but after checking in, I did not hear from them until the following day when they reported that the sheets had had some pet hair on them the night before. I offered to immediately replace them, but the guest had already tossed them in the wash and politely declined. Had I known at the time of check in, I would have had it taken care of immediately. We ask guests to do a walk through and report any issues to us right away, but again, we did not hear from this guest until the following day. This is an uncommon problem and is one we take very seriously. Although all units are pet friendly, we do not expect any pet hair to remain in the condo after cleaning. We are more than happy to have the housekeepers return and take care of an issue within an hour or so if necessary.
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

We stayed at Waves Village last summer with our teenage children and two additional friends. The units are beautiful and the views stunning, especially at sunset! The staff of this resort were all very nice, and gave us storage for the gear we rented and brought with us. The units look over the pool and the bay. We rented kayaks and paddle boards for the week, and a nearby roadside surf shop set us up with sunfish and surfboard rentals. There is a pier for fishing on the oceanside just a short walk away. The beach was uncrowded, very clean, and the waves wonderful for surfing.
The only negatives I could possibly come up with for this resort are the internet service was intermitent and the adjacent property was not the best kept. However, you don't see this from your balcony (which comes with a private hot tub).
The restaurant onsite has spectacular views of the water. We would definately stay here again!

Room Tip: Call Waves Village direct for your reservation.
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank shellychristman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rodanthe
The Inn on Pamlico Sound
#4 of 6 in Buxton
Cape Pines Motel
Cape Pines Motel
#2 of 6 in Buxton

Been to Waves Village Resort? Share your experiences!