This place is delightful ... The grounds and gardens tended lovingly & are filled with flowers and roses and so many birds . There are paths around the extensive grounds and a stable on site complete with horses and camel all of which appear well cared or - there was a vet checking the animals over when we walked up .
We actually found another 2 smaller swimming pools when walking round but as it was quiet they were not in use. The spa is in a separate building and looked lovely we just didn't have the time to use it . There are double rattan beds to relax on by the pool which is of a good size as well as shaded chairs in the gardens ( lawns are so well kept) sofas on the verandas ,all contributing to ensuring total relaxation .The terrace ( where we preferred sitting for breakfast ) overlooks the river ( dry in summer) and the local small village Ouirgane with the mountains behind so it's not totally remote which means village life can be appreciated
The rooms are like small bungalows with private terraces, of good size, comfortable beds and very clean & authentically furnished . The bathroom was large ... just a wait needed for the hot water to come through . We had our own rosé garden too
Robes toiletries hair dryer and fluffy towels all provided.
Fridge in room with 2 bottles of beer and complimentary water and biscuits provided on arrival.
The staff are friendly, and attentive and were happy to do anything to ensure our stay was as comfortable as possible .
The highlight of outstay was the horseback trek into the mountains and the Berber villages .We are not used to riding horses but despite our lack of experience we were looked after well , the horses plodded over the dry river bed, on tracks and through remote villages - once you were used to sitting on horseback it was fine . Lunch was ' chez inhabitant' in a Berber village house and it was the best food we had and a real experience . We saw all aspects of village life in the mountains on the trek.
The hotel arranged a taxi to take us to the mosque Tin Mal and to a local souk in one of he villages - the road was quite spectacular if a little hairy but the driver drove very safely though it wasn't the most well maintained car we were driven in in Morocco .Once again another highlight of our stay .
The breakfasts were typically Moroccan with freshly cooked breads and pancakes and were delicious . The menu for dinner had 3 options for each of the 3 courses and this is one area where there could be improvements ... Rather than try to go ' international including chips ' a more authentic approach to cuisine would have been our preference as sure this would have elevated the overall standard of food . Anything in a tagine was tasty , fresh fruit desserts and soup starters were fine too . It was the grilled type meat option which was grilled a little too much .This is our only slight criticism from our stay and why we gave it 4 stars and not 5 ,however speaking to another couple who'd stayed at another place in the Atlas this seems par for the course.
We also stayed in Marrakech and Essaouira on our Morocco trip and La Roseraie was our favourite place of all ( even with the slight dinner disappointment ) . It's a very special place .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Berber Mountains of the High Atlas, 60 km from Marrakech, you will discover La Roseraie. The altitude will offer the perfect climate. Cool in summer, mild in winter, its pure air will revitalize you. Secretly hidden in the middle of a 25 hectars of natural parkland, far away from stressful city life, it will be the ideal retreat for nature lovers. The rooms lead into rose gardens, lime and lemon groves, orchards, exotic plants and wild flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Domaine de la Roseraie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domaine De La Roseraie Hotel Ouirgane
- Domaine De La Roseraie Ouirgane
- Domaine De La Roseraie Morocco/Ouirgane