“Excellent Stay in Intercontinental Foshan”

InterContinental Foshan
Ranked #6 of 757 Hotels in Foshan
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I had spent one month in Intercontinental, Foshan hotel for a Business Trip. I had a very great experience in it and this is the best hotel I found in Foshan. Services in it are amazing and staff is very nice. I appreciate all staff members who are very good and always welcome you with smile.

Swimming pool, Gym, Spa is great. I loved many restaurants inside it.

Location of this hotel is also very beautiful, I loved it and I recommend strongly to all viewers to stay in this hotel. I am sure you will get amazing experience in staying here.

Thank you so much to all for making my stay wonderful in Intercontinental, Foshan.

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice and there is no special advice, all rooms have different experience and you...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
InterCon F, Manager at InterContinental Foshan, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear pkd1980

Thank you for providing a review of your recent stay at InterContinental Foshan.
I was delighted to read all the positive comments from your recent 1 month stay here with us at InterContinental Foshan. I especially like comments how you found the services amazing and our staff very nice and always welcoming you with smile. It was pleasure meeting you and looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Foshan

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

The hardware of the hotel is really good and like the fact that you can walk to the Poly mall in just couple of minutes.

The hotel won't work if you need to be in Guangzhou city, however.

My main promlems were all related to the cuatomer facing employees inability to understand/communicate the most basic things in English that lead to disasters at both check in/out.

The management should train the employees better or hire more qualified staff.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
InterCon F, Manager at InterContinental Foshan, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear LoyaltyLobby

It was good meeting with you in person during your stay and listen to your concerns so that we can improve on our short comings
I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed the room upgrade and found the hardware of the hotel really good and the fact that you can walk to the Poly shopping mall in just couple of minutes.
Looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Foshan and don’t hesitate to contact me if you need assistance with booking or if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed here for a second time, last time was upgraded to a junior suite, got lost in it!!! Crazy big.
Room was I guess as expected for 5 star hotel, although nothing special. Bathroom was great as was the shower. No problems with room.
Breakfast choice was good but their cereals were rubbish as for the tea had problem getting a good hot tea!
Quite happy to stay again.

Room Tip: Pay more!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul G
InterCon F, Manager at InterContinental Foshan, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Mr Paul. G
I am very pleased to read that you liked the room and found the bathroom great, as well as the breakfast spread good. In regards to the cereals we do use Kellogg’s and Alpen brand and offers 6 kinds daily, I would be happy to hear from you and if there is a brand alt. flavor that you found was missing for improvements. I can be reached on anders.hallden@intercontinentalfs.com
Looking forward to welcome you back to InterContinental Foshan

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I always visit foshan every year for business and so far this is the best hotel in foshan. No cigarette smell and room is very modern, clean and comfortable. Location is very convenient as it is beside a mall. Very good selection for breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
InterCon F, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Foshan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear anonymous,Thank you for taking the time to share your feed back regarding your recent stay with us at InterContinental Foshan.We are very glad to know that our staff and service helped in making your visit enjoyable. Meanwhile, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Thank you again for your feed back and support and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thankyou!Sincerely

Reviewed 31 January 2014

The property is good and the location is not bad.But the front desk staff were not really helpful when we approached them and the breakfast spread didn't have a good spread and some of the older staff in the breakfast area were at times rude. Most of the younger staff there were friendly and helpful though. So a mixed experience.

Room Tip: Get the highest room you can facing the lake near-by.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Amith G
InterCon F, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Foshan, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Amith G, Thanks for sharing your valuable feedback with regards to our hotel guest room. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience due to theFront Desk Staff Was Not Helpful Enough And The Restaurant Staff Was Time Rude, and will definitely rectify the issues that were being brought up. and we will do more training for our staff to improve their personal skill. Rest assured that we are looking into both our software and hardware facilities, ensuring that we provide all our guests with an excellent experience while staying with us. We hope this would not deter you from choosing Intercontinental FoShan again in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back tour hotel again. Thank you! Sincerely. Front Office Manager

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stayed at the Foshan InterCon as part of a corporate event last September. I have no complaints regarding the rooms or stay but I was wrongly billed by the hotel for the full amount of my security deposit. I put the security deposit on an infrequently used credit card. So imagine my surprise when I got an overdue bill from my credit card company for unpaid monthly balance of $600. I only used the card once at the InterCon and didn't think of checking my monthly statement assuming there would be no charges.

I called the hotel and explained my issue, in Chinese, to the staff. I was told the accounts director was not in and they would do their utmost to get back to me in 24 hours. After 2 days of no follow up, I called the hotel. I was informed this was "standard practice" and the balance would be refunded within a week. In the hundreds of hotels I have stayed, this has never a "standard practice." There was no apologies, no sorry, no explanation. I waited a week and still no refund on my bill. This was now 5-6 weeks following my stay. I had to escalate my complaint through the event organization agency before I finally got an email explaining that they will not refund me the deposit until the corporate event bill was finalized through the organizer. It could take another 2-4 weeks. Again, still no apology for the mix up or correction on a mistake the hotel staff obviously made.

After one final angry email asking for an explanation why I was being passed around and no one taking responsibility for an obvious mistake, the money was refunded 5 days later quietly and no additional follow up. Overall, ~50 days from check-out to refund.

This entire process was damaging to my credit score, wasted my time at work, and made me question where the hotel management was during the entire process. I will avoid InterContinental in the future and advice my company to do the same. I would advice any person staying at the hotel to make sure to check their credit card following their stay to make sure the room was not billed for the full deposit amount.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lei G
InterCon F, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Foshan, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Dear Lei G,Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at InterContinental Foshan.We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience our service may have caused you. Your comments about the Wrong charge from your Credit Card has been documented and will certainly be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. As we would like to respond to you personally regarding this issue, could you please send us your email address and telephone details to Colvin.cao@intercontinentalfs.com.We look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you back to InterContinental Foshan in the near future.
Thank you!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed one night for vacation. The hotel room is bright, clean, spacious and comfortable. Staff are friendly and service is good. The dim-sum at the Chinese restaurant is excellent and is well above those you find in a 5-star hotel in Hong Kong. Tea is of good quality but at RMB15 per person is a bit expensive. Breakfast buffet provides plenty of choice, western, Chinese and Japanese. Metro station is about 10 minutes walk away east of the hotel and the town center of Foshan (Zu Temple) is 6 Metro stops away. There is a mall next to the hotel where you can find a big supermarket and a number of restaurants. But it is a newly devloped business district so the surrounding is relatvely quiet.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jeremy H,Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at InterContinental Foshan.We are very glad to know that our staff and service helped in making your visit enjoyable. Meanwhile, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Thank you!