InterContinental Foshan
Hilton Foshan(Foshan)
US$104
US$89
Trip.com
Jinjiang Inn Foshan Walking Street(Foshan)(Great Value!)
US$41
  • Restaurant
Binli Hotel(Foshan)
US$27
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshopping mallcanton fairbrazilian restaurantbusiness suiteclub loungethe financial districtbusiness tripluxurious hotelnice environmentbreakfast and dinner buffetsmoking roommetro stationquality hoteltop floorenglish speaking staffguangzhou airportrooms are nice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2014

last April I had the opportunity to stay at this magnificent hotel. after been on several previous occasions I was pleasantly surprised to see that every time it shows the effort to provide the best service. For the people traveling from the western side here We find the mixture of two cultures that integrate without losing contact with the origin . The hotel has a great gym that falls short with the facilities and service of a SPA should be listed as one of the best in the world. In addition to this, the attention and service you receive at the Intercontinental Club located on the 36th floor run by Ms. Kateryna Velychko and her team make the work trip successful. Thanks Kateryna, you and your work team for the excellent job and professionalism, has been my best experience!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
InterCon F, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Foshan, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Mr.Fernando,Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Intercontinental Foshan,We are very glad to know that our staff and service helped in making your visit enjoyable. Meanwhile, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.Thank you again for your feedback and support and we lookforward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thankyou!Sincerely, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I was very delighted to stay many time in Hotel Intercontinental Foshan. Always when I stayed there, I was satisfied. The room was nice and clean. Also the bathroom is modern with rain shower. I enjoyed the perfect breakfast with nice buffet. The whole staff was very friendly and helpful. I can recommend the SPA area and also the outside pool. Comfortable is that from the Airport Baiyun Guangzhou you have directly Bus connection to the hotel. Of course I will chose this Hotel again, next time in August 2014.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
InterCon F, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Foshan, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear Guest ,Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve. Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Recently I stayed at the IHG Foshan property for the Canton Fair in April. This is hands down one of the best properties in the world that I have ever stayed in.
Room Quality was fantastic!
Team members across all service levels simply Awesome!
Food- Great!
Attentiveness to need - Anticipated each time!
This IHG Brand property is 5 Stars awesome. In my travels, this property stands tall as simply one of the best ever. My stay here for 5 nights was simply fantastic. All too often, we as consumers find the problems in our commercial experiences and as such complain to all who will listen. I am happy to share the positive of this property to all seeking an amazing experience, whether it is business or pleasure. My stay with the IHG Foshan property has been impressive at each turn.

Nightly, I found one more exciting aspect of my room that I had not noticed previously. Daily, the entire staff goes out of their way to recognize me and thank me for my patronage. There has not been one interaction when I have encountered staff, whereby they have not gone out of their way to engage me in both a positive and professional manner. It is absolutely a compliment to the management team, that they provide such professional training for ALL of the team. The entire staff quite frankly takes pride in maximizing the guest's experience.

For those of you reading this review, you simply must learn how you might experience the Club International Lounge. Depending on your IHG status, and or the package you purchased, this access might be included already. If not, it is worth obtaining it on your stay. I have become especially appreciative of the staff and their leader Ms. Velychko at the Club International Lounge on the 36th floor. Upon my initial arrival, I sought out the comfort of the lounge and was so pleased to encounter the talented and professional Ms. Velychko and her team. Ms. Velychko and her team are great ambassadors for the IHG brand.

I recognize there are many lodging choices when I come to Guangzhou, but rest assured that I will seek out this property at every opportunity I can. I choose not to add any traveler taken pictures because quite honestly the ones provided on trip advisor and IHG.com are extremely accurate.

2  Thank ChinaTravel5162
InterCon F, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Foshan, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I spend about 150 nights a year in hotels on business trips, so you can trust me when I tell you Intercontinental Foshan is an excellent one.
Sure, this is Intercontinental … so you should expect good service and overall satisfaction. But indeed you get that here from the moment you step into the lobby until you leave.

The overall building is impressive and nicely decorated, in reasonable state of maintenance.
Location is a bit remote from Foshan centre, but it is well connected to the freeway system, and the surrounding areas are quite nice, with an artificial lake, a shopping mall and an outside bars and restaurant area.

Difference between “Superior” and “Deluxe” is mostly limited to the view and amenities. Rooms are otherwise similar in design.
On the other hand, Club rooms will grant you access to an impeccably run Club Lounge (congratulations to its manager, Cindy, for having built that), with cosy atmosphere, nice view, a well appointed meeting room and great breakfasts (I recommend the freshly made fruit yogurts). They will whoosh freshly fried eggs or espresso coffee on your table in less than no time and be attentive to your needs.
As for the rooms themselves : bedding is impeccable. Smooth surface and firm build king size beds, great pillows and linen. Impossible not to sleep well in a bed like that.
For returning guests, they will usually remember your previous choice of pillow and you will find it on your bed upon checking into your room. Nice touch from housekeeping.
KEF sound systems will allow you to charge your iPhone and play music on the nice sounding multimedia system.
Bathrooms are clean, usually well maintained and give you the choice between tub and walk-in rain-shower.
Aircon is efficient while being soft and silent, adding to the overall comfort and quality of sleep.

While F&B was a bit of a preoccupation until a few months ago (especially room service), the issue has obviously been addressed and now sustainably improved. A token of the ongoing effort to meet customer feedback.

Of course there is a well equipped gym room, a reasonable outside pool and a Spa. Spa is managed by a third party and value for money is so-so (good but excessively expensive. You’d better get recommendation from concierge of nearby facilities). Gym and pool are nice. Issues can arise like in any other luxury property when rich local guests behave like …well…pigs… but that’s not really the hotel’s fault and they do their best to address the issue while remaining polite to those affluent patrons… I reckon it’s a difficult exercise.
All the staff is usually very graceful and efficient. Impressively I never faulted any of them for bad attitude or lack of responsiveness. While glitches can happen from time to time during a stay, I have always observed a true dedication to address issues if/when the arise. This, to my opinion, is an essential quality and the staff here is one of the best I have seen anywhere.
While english skills of the staff are not flawless, I never faced any situation where communication would be an issue. I would say they are in any case above average of similar hotels in China.
Concierge services are usually efficient as well. I used them on several occasion, for instance for exchanging train tickets and they have performed efficiently.
A last note for IHG Reward Club Platinum and Ambassador customers : your status here will be recognised and honoured (this is NOT one of those shamelessly run Intercontinental properties where they created a phoney “Ambassador floor” in order to get rid of your upgrade privileges with a vacuous marketing trick).

All in all, you can be safe that Intercontinental Foshan will take care of you, provide good service and let you enjoy a good night and efficient stay. Sorry for the long review but I wanted to make sure to cover all the aspects where they are doing a great job.
I am usually not that positive in my reviews, but definitively this property and its staff deserve particular accolades. I hope they can maintain this enjoyable performance level in the future and I will undoubtedly stay there again when traveling in the Foshan area.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms only have a slightly better view and upgraded amenities. You can skip those. You should chose either between the already very good superior rooms or upgrade to the luxury of Club room to enjoy their very good club lounge on 36th floor.
2  Thank Asilux
InterCon F, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Foshan, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear Asilux,Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our Htoel made your stay experience more memorable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve. Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I have stayed at the Intercontinental Foshan for many nights over the years. My name is Brian Vandrak from the USA. I just wanted to say that on this last stay I had a number of concerns and Charlotte went out of her way to accommodate myself and my colleague Scott Gove. She truly is an inspiration and represents the Intercontinental Foshan in the most professional manner as well as well as showing a genuine concern for the satisfaction of your guests. It was a pleasure meeting her and I look forward to my next stay in May.

Room Tip: I am a Platinum member and the hotel always upgrades me as such.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr Vandrak,Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our Htoel made your stay experience more memorable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve. Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!