Marco Polo Lingnan Tiandi Foshan
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Hengfu Hotel(Foshan)
View Hotel
All reviewsbig balconylocation is excellentcafe marcoancestral templemacro polosmall kitchenetterestaurants and shopsliving roomrooms are clean and spaciousgreat hotelwalking distancehotel location isgreat roombusiness tripthe hotel offersdefinitely stay here againindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We have 12 of us, staying at the hotel for gathering. The location of the hotel is so good, nearby the tourist area and lots of restaurant. We request deluxe room and the room is so spacious and clean. Most important is the staff over there, they are well~trained and very helpful, always meet our demands. In china, we don't expect hotel staff deliver good service but this hotel is an excptional, we have a very good memory over there.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
GM_MarcoPolo_FSH, General Manager at Marco Polo Lingnan Tiandi Foshan, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It is really appreciated that you took valued time to rate us and share your positive feedback on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

With warm regards,
Giorgio Olivotti

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I am a regular visitor to Foshan and Guangzhou for my business trips. This time my chinese agent booked marcopolo for 7 nights from 10- 18 June on the assurance of a corporate deal. I had to shell out 105 usd per night without breakfast. I later learnt about the corporate deal which didn't include breakfast. You have to pay another 100 RMB for the same. However due to my hectic schedule I couldn't try the breakfast and had to manage.
Overall location point of view the hotel is a perfect match. Old residences on the street behind the hotel are converted into hip hop bars n restaurant which makes a perfect night out. The decor nothing extraordinary but good. Room sizes are comfortable plus a balcony with wooden deck provides a picturesque view of the town. Toilet is literally small in size.
If you compare this property with any other hotel outside Foshan you may probably be disappointed but it's a we'll maintained one locally. Staff are really courteous, there lady front office manager Cita was really helpful on every count.
Pool in the adjacent block on fifth level, along with gymnasium are good.
If I had to visit next time, considering my busy schedule I would opt for another place I earlier stayed at.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank araish-mumbai
GM_MarcoPolo_FSH, General Manager at Marco Polo Lingnan Tiandi Foshan, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It is really appreciated that you took valued time to rate us and share your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read that you have overall enjoyed our hotel, including its location, room view, fiteness center with pool and staff service. Please be assured that your positive comments have been shared with the rest of the team. Please feel free to contact me for your future reservation via giorgio.olivotti@marcopolohotels.com. I will be delighted to assist you.

Once again, thank you for your review .We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Marco Polo Lingnan Tiandi , Foshan.

With warm regards,

Giorgio Olivotti

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed for three nights and were very happy with the room and service. The room was modern with a Chinese theme and everything functioned perfectly. There was also a small kitchen although no plates, cutlery, saucepans etc....you have to request them if needed. Internet was free and fast, and the TV had several English stations including BBC, CNN and Bloomberg. Location is good with local shopping only a few minutes walk away. And if you must, McDonalds is opposite hotel!! A/c in room also perfect.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I'm impressed because my room was well reserved ahead of time. The air-con and lights were switched on before I even entered the room. However, as an environmentalist, I would suggest the hotel removes the white card from the room's main electrical supply to save energy so the electricity could be turned off when hotel guests leave the rooms.
The room is spacious and clean and the twin beds are very comfortable. The bathroom is big and has a big shower head. The location of the hotel is excellent for those who wish to visit Lingnan Tiandi, less than 10 minutes walk. There are plenty of good restaurants there. The swimming pool is indoor so it's not suitable for those who want to sunbath. There are Chinese and Western varieties for breakfast and I would recommend it if RMB159 per person is not too expensive.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Lingnan Tiandi have better view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ray K
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Me and my friend got a twin room. The room was big very comfortable to walk around. Very clean. Staffs very friendly. Location excellent. You can find lots of restaurant near by and shopping stall too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business