“Beautiful hotel”

Ranked #7 of 1,416 Hotels in Changsha
Melbourne, Australia
“Beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed just for one night on our way from Zhangjiajie forest area - we live in China and stayed in many hotels but this is truly amazing. Beautifully appointed, amazing detail, breakfast and buffet restaurant great choice and a must have speciality for dinner is the big fat super long noodle hand made yummie. if you need to stay in Changsha this must be the place you will feel like royality for a very good price

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Boris B, General Manager at Wanda Vista Changsha, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing this very encouraging review that I will happily share with the team.

We are glad that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and would be honored to welcome you back in the hopefully not too distant future.

Boris Blobel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reutlingen, Germany
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have a close business relationship to Changsha and therefore Wanda Vista is always a great place to stay. If you often stay in hotels in China it is fine to see that the check-in and check-out procedure also can be done in a professional way without long waiting time.
In all important functional areas the personnel can commuicate very well in English and there where you find some problems sometime you have to remebmer yourself that Changsha is not Shanghai, Beijing or Hongkong.
The rooms have a convinient size and the view especially in the direction of the river is nice. The hotel offers a gym, a swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room...and in additon in the 31st floor a big spa area. The spa treatements are not cheap (if you compare to outside) but you also get here something different with well educated therapists. As I like it to use the sauna and swimming area it is very important for me to have here a clean and good impression. This requirement is fullfilled completly.
The breakfast offers various styles and I would like to say that everybody must be able to find something to enjoy it.
The buffet dinners seems first at all expensive but it offers various food and all drinks incl. wine is included. If you can spent some time it is absolutly worth to enjoy it. Maybe here is some idea to offer a kind of "light buffet dinner" if you want to enjoy the buffet but only have time for a short while. Overall it will stay my favortie place in town. We will see again sooner or later.

Room Tip: You cannot make something wrong but it is worth to ask for a river view room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Boris B, General Manager at Wanda Vista Changsha, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review of our property.

It is great to hear that you are overall very satisfied with our services during your previous stays and I have taken your suggestion on board to offer a "lighter" buffet option. Actually, we did try this option before, but it turned out to be not very successful in the Changsha market.

The entire team is looking forward welcoming you back to your "home away from home".

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 11 February 2014

During Chinese New Year, I had no place to entertain my friends for coffee. Wanda Vista is the only ideal location in the close area. I came here 3 times and got shocked by their services every time.

We even could see the water glasses were not cleaned. Moreover the cocktail I ordered was wrongly made. No response when the guest complained. No manager on site. No one can speak English.

Unbelievable horrible service!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Boris B, General Manager at Wanda Vista Changsha, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable time spent to write this review.

Firstly, please allow me to convey my most sincere apology for the unfortunate experience you had while visiting our Lobby Lounge. All points mentioned are well received and are currently being investigated.

We have a reputation in the market as being the preferred hotel to visit by both locals and foreigners based on guest feedback on various other social media channels.

I do hope that you will give us another chance to serve you and your friends during your next visit to Changsha. It is our goal to exceed the expectations of our guests at all times.

Please feel free to contact me directly to make the necessary arrangements.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed at the Wanda Vista for 11 days in late November - early December and was thoroughly impressed and comfortable. From the gracious staff waiting at the door to greet every guest and offer assistance, to the spacious and well designed rooms and friendly housekeeping staff, this hotel is really a gem. As with virtually every 5 star hotel in China not all the staff can speak fluent English, but those who cannot are quite happy to run (literally) to get someone who does. The hotel is extremely well managed, but this is not a surprise because the general manager has run other five star hotels in China (which I have stayed at) and his attention to detail is evident here as well. As others have commented, the buffet (breakfast and lunch) are amazing. The location is probably the best in Changsha, and the hotel is attached (through a shared underground parking lot) to a large, upscale shopping mall (with cinema and Starbucks). There is also a variety of new boutique shops and eateries built like a European boulevard in between. I can't imagine staying anywhere else on my next trip to Changsha. And just crossing the street and being able to go for a walk along the river after a long day or in the morning is an added benefit of this hotel's location.

Room Tip: My room had a great view of the river, and (I believe) there is no extra charge for this side of the...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Boris B, General Manager at Wanda Vista Changsha, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It is with great pleasure to read such a positive review and I would like to thank you for your time taken to write this detailed feedback.

Having spent 11 days with us would have surely given you more than enough time to make a honest overall judgement of our facilities and services and I am pleased that we have been able to meet your expectations.

I am looking forward welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Wishing you a Happy New Year 2014 ahead.

Wien, Österreich
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Very nice Hotel. Pretty new. Huge, nice rooms. Really cheap.

The Restaurants were very good, both the breakfast and the Chinese Restaurant. Unfortunately, the Chinese Restaurant closes very early (earlier than advertised, the kitchen people just leave).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Boris B, General Manager at Wanda Vista Changsha, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to post your feedback about your recent stay with us.

It is great to read that you overall had a pleasant experience - I do regret, however, to read about your experience with our Chinese restaurant kitchen and I will personally investigate this matter. Our restaurant has clearly advertised opening hours which we must follow and sometimes even need to treat very flexible - guests always come first.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Changsha, China
Reviewed 27 June 2013

As I was told, this could be the best hotel in Changsha so far, and yes, I can't agree more. It is located very near to the city center, and I believe it's a plesant place to stay! Oriental elements are everywhere which makes it more charming than other int'l chain hotels. Lobby is marvelous, room is spacious with a beautiful river view. Breakfast was delicious and various with American style, continental style, Chinese style even Changsha style.
By the way, if you have time, do try the SPA in the Wanda Reign. The enviroment was excellent and their staff were very professional.

Room Tip: Though the Xiang River water is not clear, try to get a room with river view as you can see the Tang...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Agnes Y
Boris B, General Manager at Wanda Vista Changsha, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Ms Young,

Thank you very much for this very positive and refreshing review.

I am glad to hear that you truly enjoyed both the software and hardware of our hotel during your recent stay.

I fully support your "room tip", as the view is simply breathtaking and we are the only 5 star hotel offering such a view in Changsha.

I do hope that we will get the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Bangkok
Reviewed 10 April 2013

This place is trying to lay claim to the title of best hotel in Changsha. It is new (opened in the fall of 2013), grand and magnificent. The dinner buffet was excellent, breakfasts were very good. The fitness center is good, but a little short on resistance training equipment (for this, the Sheraton is better). The pool is impressive. Service was very good, the staff was friendly, and most spoke pretty good English. The room have wifi. If you can get a discount room, I recommend you go for it!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Boris B, General Manager at Wanda Vista Changsha, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review, greatly appreciated.

I am glad to read that you truly appreciated our facilities and services and that you overall recommended our hotel to the readers.

I do hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Sincerely yours,