“the smell hit me first” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Changsha City Centre

Crowne Plaza Changsha City Centre
Ranked #4 of 1,406 Hotels in Changsha
“the smell hit me first”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for one night on a recent business trip. When my driver dropped me off it was close to midnight and it was confusing how to get to reception, eventually someone passing by directed me to the second floor.

The staff wasn't very friendly at the reception. I was given my key and I headed to the room. As soon as the lifts opened to my floor the smell hit me, it was a cross between damp and stale cigarettes.

I settled in my room and tried to order a vodka and tonic via room service - 10 minutes later I had a call to say that they had spoken to the bar and it wasnt on the room service menu so I couldnt have it and I would have to go to the bar myself.

The room was ok and it had a great shower.

I was glad to leave and get some fresh air

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dawn M
CrownePlazaChangsha, Manager at Crowne Plaza Changsha City Centre, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Dear Guest, Thanks for your suggestion and choosing to stay in Crown Plaza Changsha City Centre. Thank you for your time to rate us on the tripadvisor, I would like to express my appreciate that you give us such value comment and this is really benefit to our hotel. Please do accept my sincere apologize regarding the room were not meet your expectation during your past visit. We will look into those points with our management team and follow up some relevant action immediately. The hotel lobby is located on the 2nd floor to offer a quiet and private space for guest. There is a lift and a elevated separately on the 1st floor to get to the lobby. Meanwhile, if you need any assistance, please feel free to inquiry with our concierge or contact us directly. We aim to offer a professional and warm service to our valued guest. I really hope that you may give us opportunity to see our improvement and please drop me a line via 86 731 82888888x6608 once you have plan back to Changsha.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Very good experience, warm service, let me have the feeling of home! Choose to live in the hotel every time i came to changsha, as always! Restaurant launched many new dishes, I have more choice.Room is very comfortable and memorable is the coffee in western restaurant .thanks to the recommendation of a friend.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CrownePlazaChangsha, Manager at Crowne Plaza Changsha City Centre, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Dear Guest, Thanks for your suggestion and choosing to stay in Crown Plaza Changsha City Centre. It is great hour for us that you have the feeling of home in our hotel. We aim to offer a efficiency and excellent service to each guest and let them have a comfortable stay in our hotel. We offered various choices for your breakfast in our spice resturant and our Pattaya Thai Restaurant is also a good choice with authentic Thai cuisine. There are some new cuisine and promotion in Spices and Pattaya Thai Restaurant recently. Looking forward to seeing you soon again in our hotel.
Chongqing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

The bed in the room is very comfortable , the staff is really professional and helpful. They can remenber my preference for living. When I check-in , they will prepare the pillow which I like. It makes me feel good. Also, the buffet dinner is so delicious and the location is very convinient there.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, Thanks for your suggestion and choosing to stay in Crown Plaza Changsha City Centre. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Crowne Plaza Changsha city centre and thank you for your compliments of our service. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Convenient traffic! I can walk to the Xiang Jiang River to watch the fireworks, it's very beautiful there and it is unique in China !
The service of the hotel is thoughtful and warmly!
The food is very delicious especiouly Thai food !
In all,it makes me feel at home! I love this hotel!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CrownePlazaChangsha, Manager at Crowne Plaza Changsha City Centre, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Guest, Thanks for your suggestion and choosing to stay in our hotel. We are glad to see your satisfaction with our service and the location of our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back!
KunMing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

I like the Crowne plaza city center Changsha .It is my firsty stay of this hotel here, the geography position is very advantage, whether go shopping or go for a walk is very convenient And the staff in here is very nice and enthusiasm.And breakfast is very rich of the Spice coffee shop And rooms is very comfortable here.It is a nice trip and I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, Thanks for your suggestion and choosing to stay in our hotel. We will consistently offer excellent service and comfortable experience to you. Please feel free to contact us for your next trip to Changsha in future.
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Crowne Plaza is ideally located in the city's central commercial district.Only 10 minutes walk to the bar, shopping malls;The hotel room is comfortable, the space is large;At the front desk service is very good, very polite
!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, Thanks for your suggestion and choosing to stay in our hotel. We are very happy to see your satisfaction with our hotel. We are located in the center of Changsha,and shopping street is just a few minutes away, Hope you enjoy the rest of our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Changsha, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Hotel was beyond my expectation. The Location was very convenient which enables you having access to international fast food restaurants like McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut and there was one Carrefour Shopping center nearby. This is my fifth Time stay in this hotel and everything remains in order.The staff in here is very nice and warm.And I really like the food and the bed in this hotel .

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, Thanks for your suggestion and choosing to stay in our hotel. My team would be happy to know that you appreciate our hotel. Looking forward to servicing you again in the near future.