“Delightment = expectations plus add on”

Qinghe Jinjiang International Hotel
Ranked #3 of 462 Hotels in Zhangjiajie
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This was our outstanding experience as far as staff and room was concerned. People were really nice and friendly and we developed very nice relationships. English was spoken and help available whenever needed. This is almost a "must" for tourists and nobody will regret it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
sun y, Guest Relations Manager at Qinghe Jinjiang International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear friends: thanks for choosing staying our hotel and give highly remarks!Hotel quality services is the main reason that make guest be satisfied and surprise ,Qinghe Jinjiang has been adhering to service concept of the "guests come first" , build attentively, make it become your ideal home.Now if you stay in our hotel,we will give you a discount card,you can enjoy one complimentary local dish and a 10% discount.We are waiting for your coming again!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Great location to visit Wulingyuan-zhangjiajie national park - just about 10-15 min walk to the entrance of the park or you can hop on a bus. The hotel room is spacious and clean with a great view. Many breakfast corners to choose. Some staffs can speak English. There is a complimentary airport pick up since the hotel is quite far from the airport (around 45 min).

i'm very impressed with the customer service here especially Mr. Xiao Jack. He's very helpful. On the last day when we checked out, he volunteered to carry our bags and walked with us to the bus station until he was sure that we got on the right bus to the city. Look for him if you need help.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
sun y, Guest Relations Manager at Qinghe Jinjiang International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear friends: the warmest is not the Spring, but your satisfied smiling face; The most comfortable is not the Sun, but our blessings. Thank you for your remembering niceness of Qinghe jinjiang hotel, we hope you will leave the beautiful memories behind , bring a full blessing away. Hope we have a better meeting again in the future!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

“All that glitters is not gold”, “beauty is only skin deep” is the kind of stuff that comes into one’s mind when referring to this hotel. Not a part of an international chain, the hotel is a Chinese managed chain. It is impressive in terms of its location, appearance and interiors and there’s nothing to complain of vis-a-vis the rooms and even the meals that were served or the service of the staff at the restaurant, though the egg chef appeared to be a relic of the 50s’ and communicated purely in terms grunts, the tone indicated her mood and acceptance of one’s order.
Our problem and dissatisfaction was with the management – we were 2 families, and one of the rooms had malfunctioning air-conditioning all night. It took hours for the management to meet us and even after an assurance of the problem was being rectified, the efficiency level remained well below acceptable levels. Being used to the level of service of 5 star international chains, we would not stay there again. I would probably recommend the Pullman (based on the feedback of others) as the ideal choice for a stay at Zhangjiajie.
A slightly off the beaten track destination, the city boasts the fabulous natural beauty in the form of the Wulingyuan Scenic Area which is the site for the Hallelujah Mountains which was the inspiration for Avatar. The city also has one of the longest cable car set ups in the world. The view – spectacular!!
The city is a must visit, the hotel is probably not. Very important – to optimize one’s visit – it’s important to get a good guide who speaks English that you can understand (the accent can really be an issue).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KSBan
sun y, Guest Relations Manager at Qinghe Jinjiang International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear guest:Thanks for your staying at our hotel!Failed to get your perfect evaluation because you believe we can do better!With your encouragement, we will work harder ! Hope we have a better meeting again in the future!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We choose this hotel for its proximity to one of the gates to the Zhangjiajie National Forest. We were a family and had booked 2 rooms for 4 nights. One of the rooms had a problem with the AC. Even after their having supposedly fixing it, the AC did not work as a result of which had a very bad night. Next morning, the management was found very lacking in their response. It took ages for us to meet the Manager. Even our guide found their attitude unhelpful. Finally after a lot of dialogue and threats they upgraded us. Their restaurant where we had buffet also had AC problems. We think to save electricity they just would not put it on. Again we made our discomfort known and the next day the AC worked at least when we were having our breakfast.

Zhangjiajie is a location where more tourists are coming after seeing the Hallelujah Mountains in the movie Avatar. It is more popular with the locals. We were so impressed how the town of Zhangjiajie has been developed from a village in just a decade (according to our guide). Of all the hotels we stayed in China, this is the only one we would say to stay away from. The management and staff need a lot of training to deal with guests and realize hotel industry is all about service.

We went to the Huang Zhi village, did the cable ride. We were luckly to have good weather but when we went to Bafong Lake it rained but we loved it as the scenery was just like in the Chinese paintings. We did the Hallelujah Mountains, cable and elevator rides and the Tienmen Mountains and the longest cable ride (so they say) which was surreal! And so Zhangjiajie was the highlight of our trip since we all love nature.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Banrist

Dear guests:Thanks for your staying at our hotel! where there is an expectation,there is a suggestion.We are Striving to provide safe,comfortable staying environment.As you said,we will improve the facilities quickly .Thanks for your suggestion ,looking forward to serving you!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Me and two other friends stayed here for two nights while we visited Zhangjiajie National Park. The hotel is located 15 min walking distance from the main entrance of the park. Our room was really nice, confortable and clean. Also great facilities such as the Gym and the two restaurants - Chinese and western.
The breakfast was a mix of chinese and western which I loved, because I'm really keen of western food specially at breakfast. They even had All Bran cereal for those who like to keep in shape while they are travelling.

But my main reason of why Im giving them such a high rate, it's because of their staff. They were very kind and helpful when I asked them about the park and how to move around. They even recommended me good dishes from the restaurant menu. I would like to give special thanks to Sunny Sun. She answered all my questions with a very good english, and that's something you appreciated when you are in China.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear guests: Thanks for your brief and pertinent comments !One smile, can start a friendship. One look, can shorten your heart distance. One word, can make you feel warm. Thanks for your remembering niceness of Qinghe jinjiang hotel, we hope you will leave the beautiful memories behind , bring a full blessing away. Hope we have a better meeting again in the future!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I don't normally have time to write reviews but after staying at Qinghe Jinjiang International hotel Zhangjiajie I HAD to share to share my experience with you.
I have travelled extensively throughout USA, Thailand, Bali, Fiji, Singapore, Thailand, Vanuatu etc but I have never experienced such phenomenal customer service before and what an amazing 5 star GRAND hotel.

We had just arrived by bus at Zhangilajie bus terminal, where we were picked up(for free) by Sunny Sun who is the Guest Relation Officer of the Qinghe Jinjiang International hotel (1 hour drive). I was worried as I was still in shock after having a horrific experience at the Sofitel in Xian, which we chose to celebrate my 50th birthday, but with what happened to me the night before, we stayed in our room as I was shattered and could not stop crying. I wanted to go home but I was in China for my late fatherinlaw to honour him at the Terracotta warriors. In my opinion Sunny is one of the very few I have met that personify what customer service is all about and she is a rare treasure to find these days. From my initial correspondence with Sunny she made me feel so special, she even emailed me bus timetables & directions for catching the bus both in Australian and Chinese so I could show the bus driver, as they do not speak English. When Sunny found out that I didn't celebrate my birthday, she knocked on our door, with a birthday cake, card personally signed by all staff, present and Jenny and Sunny sang happy birthday to me. It brought tears to my eyes. Even after I left her hotel she helped me with directions & translations. This is an employee who is a true professional and will be there for you every step of the way to ensure your holiday is a memorable one! Sunny is an excellent communicator and speaks English nearly as well as us, she also acts immediately to any request.

The entire team was so personable and provided phenomenal customer service. They were warm, caring and extremely helpful in listening to my personal needs and provided service with a beautiful smile. I felt like I was treated nothing less than pure Royalty.

When we pulled up to the Qnhe Jinjiang International we were amazed at how grand this hotel was, the foyer just spectacular, my eyes were darting everywhere. Our room was huge & decorated beautifully; bathroom was big and very modern. We had a large verandah over looking the mountains. The bed was king size & Ohhhh so comfortable, I didn't want to wake up! Room service was prompt and food was good. The breakfast was amazing so much to choose from. We also eat at the Chinese restaurant in the hotel, the duck was superb!

I will never forget the time I spent here, the incredible service and the special attention to details provided by Sunny and her team.

If there is one place you go to in China, you MUST come here and experience this amazing hotel and their hospitality, not to mention the beautiful scenery. We climbed the mountains where the movie Avatar was filmed - breathtaking!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
sun y, Guest Relations Manager at Qinghe Jinjiang International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Wendy,it is our great honor that something and some people of Qinghe Jinjiang made deep impression on you! we want to thank you sincerely: thanks for your choosing that let us meet, know and remember each other ; Thanks for your highly speaking of Qinghe Jinjiang international hotel; Thanks for your generosity to share your happiness and beautiful things! Alive is a kind of faith in life, believe that good, can meet nice nature. We are looking forward to more friends coming here to feel what you have experienced: attentive caring staff, comfortable rooms, the gourmet food of restaurant , unique scenery, etc.Time such as water, always silent. If you are well, it is sunny.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is a real 5 Stars Hotel certified by China Tourism Association.
You can see a frame hanging on the wall of the front desk, with 5 Stars and the background is the great Wall of China.
Wulingyuan Area is a small town, just round 20minutes walk from the start of the main street to end of the main street.
However, all along the street, there are all shops and selling shirts, foods, restaurant, and supermarket.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family