“Perfect stay”

Ranked #1 of 524 Zhangjiajie B&B and Inns
Slovenia
“Perfect stay”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I liked it very much. When my train was cancled and needed to stay in Zhangjiajie one more night I returned to hotel right away and got a room. At first it looked like owner will help me find one at another hotel, but because of non-arrival of trains and therefor some people didn't make it to Yijiaqin, I got it there. The whole family is really friendly and helpful. And location? Perfect.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Cyberflânerie
Reviewed 13 June 2014

In Chinese, Yijiaqin basically means "like family" and that's just how we were treated during our stay here. Mr. Shi and Mrs. Liu were extremely gracious and helpful and gave every guest very personal attention to make sure all our needs were taken care of. They helped us get discounted tickets and even walked with us to show the way to the station. They are very knowledgeable about Zhangjiajie and the surrounding scenic areas, telling us many details that we hadn't properly planned for our trip.

Room Tip: Tip: If you are unable to use the Chinese style squat toilet, try to check-in earlier in the day or...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TrapDivisor
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Staying here was really a great factor in my trip to Zhangjiajie. Couldn't recommend more! Would 100% stay here again!

- Location: close to train and bus station, which meant easy access to and from the national park
- the Owner: really couldn't thank him enough. Personally picked us up from the bus station, made sure we made it to the park itself easily, organised a taxi to the airport (so we wouldn't get ripped off) and gave some really invaluable advice on visiting the park itself.
- Rooms: value for money! Great quality, comfortable beds, cleaned daily
-Strong Wifi
- Lots of good eating options around the hotel

Note: both Western and Chinese style toilets are available, so make sure to specify what you want :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Dher5
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed here for 5 days between Oct. 10th ~ 14th/2013. It was clean, spacious, and close to the bus station, train station, and cable car. Mr. Shi (the owner) is very knowledgeable in touring Zhangjiajie. He helped us to plan daily trips, being able to see the best highlights for our capabilities ( managing 9 to 17 kms a day). Definitely we will refer to anyone. Our thanks from Canada to you Mr. Shi .

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dbkeeler
Freehold, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is a clean, budget hotel with good room sizes and a hot shower. We had a room with a western toilet. It is a 5 minute walk from the train station and even closer to the bus station. The owner, Shi Wantang, speaks limited English but will take care of you. He picked us up from the train station on his bicycle and we all walked back to the hotel. He walked us to the Bus Station to make sure we got on the correct bus to Zhangjiajie Park and even mapped out a route. The bus to the Wulingyuan entrance (east gate) takes about 40 minutes and then about 10 minute walk. The bus to Zhangjiajie Village (south gate) takes about 35 minutes and then then a 5 minute walk.

Room Tip: There are rooms with western toilets.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Chris_Travel_Tales
Sf Bay Area
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We spent two nights here, and were quite pleased. While its definitely not a luxury hotel, its clean & safe, and the owner is very eager to please (despite his very limited English). He met us outside the train station (holding a sign with my name), and escorted us to his hotel. There's absolutely no way that I'd ever have found it on my own, as its down an unsigned alley, and the hotel doesn't have any English signage either. Our room was nice enough, with a large bathroom (with a western toilet, not every room has them). The wifi worked reasonably well (for China). There are numerous inexpensive places to eat within walking distance for breakfast & dinner. The owner also escorted us to the Tianmen Mountain cable car station the following morning. Only minor annoyance is that there's a large school next door, and they have loud music classes both in the mornings & afternoons. However at night its quiet, as the hotel is not close to the street.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank netllama
Bologna, Italy
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The hotel is 5 km far from the airport, 1 km far from the railway station and closer to the bus station.
It’s small and private, the family management can warranty you that they’ll do whatever they can to help.
The position of this hotel is perfect if you want to go to the park (close to the cable car station) and if you want to travel near there by bus (Wulingyuan deeply recommended) or train

I arrived there by taxi from the airport (50 RMB, because no meter, it was night and the taxi drivers always want to get the best for them in these situations) and the taxi driver wanted me to walk for the last 200 m because the street was narrow. I insisted and then he left me in front of the door of the hotel.
The owner welcomed me offering immediately some information the TianMenShan park, how to go there and he offered to accompany me the day after to the cable car. If you like, he can also provide you the ticket with some discount (I’m not sure about how proper and good this action is…..)
The room I got was at the 4th floor. I booked a double room, but the owner asked me if I wanted to change to the adjacent twin room to be sure to have a better Wi-Fi connection (free). I refused because I prefer the large bed and the connection was good anyway.
The room was fairy spacious and clean, the bed very hard (It’s like sleeping directly on the springs and I’m very familiar and used to Chinese beds) and the toilet was big enough. They can offer you (not for free) the shampoo-soap kit, in case you need it
They don’t offer dinner neither breakfast, but there is a fridge where you can buy some beverages in the hall. Near the hotel there are several stalls where you can buy food. They’re cheap, but absolutely not clean
The day after the owner insisted accompanying me to the cable car station, even if I knew the direction. He insisted not because it’s not safe, but only because he wanted to be tipped.

The request of tips was never direct, but always underlined by a “you see how I’m good helping you” that was disgusting

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo