US$113
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Zhuanjiacun Hotel(Zhangjiajie)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnational parkchinese restaurantnice hotelnon smokingfoot massagenice poolbig citiesthe king size bedswimming poolsmoking floorrooms are largebeautiful mountainsbreakfast buffetunder constructiontianzi mountainwulingyuan entrancegreat facilities
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked this hotel after reading all the fabulous reviews and thought we’d be in some sort of amazing mountain resort. This is just a HUGE, smoky, touristy hotel with broken air conditioning and hot, outdated rooms. In China, it seems like “no smoking” is a recommendation, not a rule. So our “non smoking” floor was heavily smoked on and HOT.

However, one wonderful thing that happened was that we arrived in an afternoon and checked the weather forecast, it appeared that it was going to rain the entire time we would be in town! So we raced downstairs, found someone who spoke English, and they gave advice on one thing we could do before closing: the glass bridge. They quickly called us a taxi, gave the driver instructions to walk us in and help us buy tickets and wait for us! It was perfect, after a harrowing ride up the mountain, we were the last ones on the glass bridge and the experience was hilarious and amazing, thanks to the staff at the hotel for thinking fast and helping us out.

One other thing to recommend to this hotel is that the staff get trained a bit about foreign guests, we are generally really disgusted by all the spitting in China, but realize this is a cultural difference that we have to deal with - but witnessed a female hotel receptionist hock up a huge loogie and spit it into the trash at the reception desk.

Thank you for the one great experience getting us to the glass bridge, but because of all the other hot, sweaty, smoky, spitting things I mention above, I wouldn’t recommend this hotel. I was going to give 2 stars but the good day makes it 3 :). The location is also nice, close to town and the bus to Zhangjiejie.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer V
Miranda Q, Manager at Zhangjiajie Pullman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Jennifer V,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Zhangjiajie. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Recently spent 3 nights in Zhangjiajie and enjoyed our stay at the Pullman. Most of the reviews are accurate - do not come expecting a 5-Star Pullman experience and you will not be disappointed. Rooms are dated but fortunately we chose an executive room knowing full well that there was no executive lounge - our room was in a separate block from the crazy summer crowd and we really enjoyed quiet blissful sleep in smoke-free corridors. Breakfast selection was plentiful and what I liked was how they opened up both restaurants when the crowd was huge - no need to queue and everyone was happy. Our executive room also gave us several additional benefits - free non-alcoholic drinks in the lobby lounge as well as special tea and happy hour sets which we thoroughly enjoyed at the end of each day. We even ordered from the restaurant and ate at the lobby lounge and it was lovely. What was however not so good was the reception - they gave me a letter detailing the benefits of the executive room but did not bother reading it themselves. So when I asked what drinks were included in the minibar they were confused and said none, then read the letter and told me 4 bottles of non-alcoholic drinks each day. On the last day they tried to charge us for the Perrier we drank from the minibar and the manager tried to get us to pay at checkout. I was furious when he said Perrier was not included. I asked him since when was Perrier considered an alcoholic drink he said it was a miscommunication. Well I was not about to pay for their poor staff training and told him so. So what was initially a good experience ended on a sour note even when I was prepared to overlook the dated rooms.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Miranda Q, Manager at Zhangjiajie Pullman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear katherinehor,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Zhangjiajie. I am sorry that some your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 9 June 2018

1. planned a birthday gift to visit avatar mountains and booked 3 night in Pull man Zhangjiajie.
requested them to keep cake @ room as a surprise to my daughter, we landed hotel @ 1 am and they killed surprise by telling to us at reception " you have pay for cake " , that was humiliating.
2. barely few people speak English and it like take forever to place order with room service.
3. poor housekeeping. no replacement of toilet sundries for 2 days.
worst hotel ever to stay,
it is responsibilty of the hotel to train and keep English speaking staff , they charge us high.

I REQUEST EVERY VISITOR TO DROP THIS HOTEL AND GO FOR CROWN PLAZA, NEXT DOOR WHICH IS FAR BETTER IN TERMS OF ROOM, SERVICE, HOUSEKEEPING AND AT SAME PRICE.

AS INTERNATIONAL TRAVELLER, PULLMAN ZHEJIANGJIE IS DISGRACE AND DISAPPOINTING.

Room Tip: choose nearby crown plaza hotel and drop this hotel100%
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Miranda Q, Manager at Zhangjiajie Pullman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear Sudhir k,

Reviewed 6 June 2018

The Pullman is the hotel most tour companies would offer you to stay while being in Zhangjiajie, and that for a reason. The rooms are a bit simple furnished but yet you have everything you need and its location is very good. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and offered us a free upgrade as well. Everyone spoke English, which is very rare in China and the layout of the hotel with its restaurants, pools and garden is really very nice.

We felt welcomed and pampered – at the first evening the hotel manager called us to ensure if everything went fine at the check-in and if we would need anything else! Excellent service, really! The breakfast was good with a great variety of European and Asian food opportunities. We had drinks at the bar and they were very tasty too. A bit expensive but that’s normal in a hotel bar. Would stay there again immediately and can highly recommend!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Miranda Q, Manager at Zhangjiajie Pullman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback. We are delighted to know that you had a great stay with us and appreciated our convenient location, hotel service.
We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Do let us know if we can be of any assistance to make your next trip to Zhangjiajie even more memorable.
Wishing you safe travels.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Just ok hotel but likely one of the best in the area, short drive/walk to the park with well intentioned staff but not a 5 star hotel by international standards

Pros:
*location—
Proximity to the Wulingyuan geological formations which is spectacular (but bring noise reducing headphones & prepare to deal with unruly crowds & mayhem, we recorded a yelling match between two ladies on our first bus ride)
*decent room & toiletries
*food—
We had a nice dinner at the Chinese restaurant, the minimum charge for a private room is very reasonable plus they gave my mom a bowl of longevity noodles for her birthday (a sweet gesture)
*concierge—
I appreciated finding out about my sister’s flight cancellation via an email from the hotel so I had time to find alternative flights ( since the hotel driver was picking her up)
*value—
everything is cheap here (except alcohol)

Cons:

Low service standards
*my sister ordered room service, the attendant dropped the congee spoon on the floor and ... immediately placed it back on her tray

*Our last dinner: we order room service, the dishes of Chinese vegetables and 1 dish of fish arrived, but no plates or bowls were provided to us. We ended up using the coffee cup saucers

*asked the waitress at the Chinese restaurant’s private room not to discuss prices in front of my mom, she asked me 5 minutes later right in front of mom to order more dishes, as I had not yet reached my minimum spending amount.
I ordered birthday cake as a surprise, she asked me in front of mom when we wanted the cake ...

*the 4 of us arrived here on two different flights, even with one month advance reservation, when I asked the hotel for 2 car pickups, they said they only had one car available ( so I had to find a travel agent to arrange the second car for us... didn’t want to take a cab at 1 am in the morning)

*room: mom had issues with her sink and toilet flush and told the staff repeatedly but nothing was done (we were here for 3 nights)
There is also nothing in the minibar. It is completely empty.

*breakfast: decent selection of mediocre food (Chinese and Western) but little service ie you have to find your own cutlery, we ended up ordering room service the second day and skipped on the 3rd

In sum, they are one of the best in the area but don’t expect much and you’ll be fine

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Anilegna
Miranda Q, Manager at Zhangjiajie Pullman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Anilegna,

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that some your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. We will try to do it better. If you have any problem, please call extension number"5", our assistance manager will help you at any time.