“Surprisely good!”

Ranked #3 of 384 Hotels in Yangzhou
Shanghai, China
“Surprisely good!”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here for October/National holidays, the standard is very good for the price, I was expecting to pay much more for the busy holiday period. Room and clean and big, bed was super comfortable. Breakfast was a big disappointment, the live-station chefs were unfriendly and nobody really paid much attention to the customer service. Main down-side was the location, miles from anywhere/anything.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
ada l, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Yangzhou Hanjiang, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you so much for your review and sharing your experience with us.
We appreciate your good comments regarding the rooms and facilities. My apologies for the breakfast and services you mentioned. We will take actions to improve the foods and customer service immediately. We do greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback on our page and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back next time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Constanta, Romania
Reviewed 5 November 2013

because Yangzhou is a small city compared to most chinese cities, we had a nice surprise to find this clean, new and beautiful hotel. the gym was nice, the breakfast good and the services pleasantly. the swimming pool wasn't ready and this was unfortunately bad.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank neli1959
ada l, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Yangzhou Hanjiang, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you so much for your review and sharing your experience with us.
We appreciate your comments regarding the good buffet, gym as well as our services. For the swimming pool, it has been open to the guest and I’m sorry it’s not open during your stay for some reasons. We are very happy to have you with us and we will continue to strive to provide the signature Four Points experience to all our guests.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Four Points Yangzhou soon.
hong kong
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I needed some rooms to make my Platinum challenge and thought I would need to actually buy some rooms to make it work, however because of the help of Fiona, and the general manager here at this Sheraton, I think I achieved my goal! Yee haaa! I am platinum now. This is on the West side of town, there is a nice mall within about 15 minutes cab ride (less than 10 yuan), there is a Starbucks there and a Dairy Queen as well as a Steak house and many asian eateries. Ask the front desk for a card and they will get you a cab in a few minutes. It sounds like "Morningside".
Give the card back to the cab at the mall and now you have directions home.

Step out the front door and turn right and there is a nice Western style coffee shop.

HSBC has a bank right beside the hotel.

Breakfast buffet is good, they will make you eggs any style. Also they have surprises like a chicken dish (sort of a brown gravy sauce) that is not regularly breakfast but I found heavenly. They attempt to make us Westerners at home so I try and be fair and say that their bar is almost fun, it has a big screen tv with your choice of sports, (we actually had a college football game on from the United States) and there are cozy seats with many Expats sitting around chatting.

Across the street is a METRO, which is like a Walmart (better) which has food, clothing, tv's, you name it..sporting goods..its worth a walk over there if you are just killing time like we were.

All in all, this is a working place, it was nice to get my points/stays/nights but it is a challenge staying busy if you have several days here. Bring movies, catch up on your reading. My Chinese friend says there are some beautiful gardens very close here so do a little homework and make the best of it.

I cannot ask for any better service than I received here and enjoyed a very comfortable stay. Many thanks to all the staff!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Four Points by Sheraton Yangzhou,Hanjiang. We appreciate your positive comments regarding our foods and services. Yangzhou is a historical and cultural Chinese city which is famous for Slender West Lake, Yangzhou Grand Canal and so on. We are very happy to hear that you do enjoy your stays.
Thank you for sharing such valuable and detailed comments with us and certainly we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Nice room. Spa not very professional. Bar prices way over, this is yangzhou not Shanghai. Buffet restaurant is good with good choice and good price. Good hotel for business. Not very busy enough parking

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
ada l, Public Relations Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Yangzhou Hanjiang, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you so much for your review and sharing your experience with us.
We appreciate your comments regarding the good buffet and Spa. We will check the bar price to ensure better balance. We are very happy to have you with us and we will continue to strive to provide the signature Four Points experience to all our guests.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Four Points by Sheraton Yangzhou soon.
Aberdeen, Scotland
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

This is a quite new hotel.
I visited for business and found nothing at all to complain about.
It is superior to most other hotels I have stayed in.
Yangzhou is small compared to most Chinese cities and I'm not sure why you would visit here unless on business or visiting relatives or friends nearby.
There are 'tourist' attractions here but China is a big place so I think you may be on page 509 of ' Tourist places to visit in China' before you would need to stay in this Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
ada l, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Yangzhou Hanjiang, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Four Points by Sheraton Yangzhou,Hanjiang. We are very happy to hear that you do enjoy your stays. Yangzhou is a historical and cultural Chinese city which is famous for Slender West Lake, Yangzhou Grand Canal and so on. We do greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback on our page and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back next time.
Playa Vista, California, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stay in Yangzhou probably 3 times a year for business. Usually we stay at well kept Chinese local hotels.

Since SPG finally has a property there, of course being an SPG member we're staying at the Four points. I'm a platinum SPG and got upgraded to a suite which was great.

Hotel is brand new, rooms are clean large and really nice. Hotel restaurant (american) was decent considering it's a more remote city we had lunch here one day and had a burger. recommend sticking with the asian food but the american food is not horrible; just average. Buffet breakfast was really good in terms of quality and selection. Usually in China in nicer hotels the buffets are stocked with both western and asian breakfast items with eggs made to order. The staff are all very kind, warm and helpful. They also have a Chinese restaurant as well.

One of the ladies working at the american restaurant went out of her way to make a an ice coffee for my colleague with double espresso shots which was not how it's usually made. It was just nice of her and it was excellent!

Didn't use the gym but assume it is also really nice as the hotel is new and quite nice. Expect a much nicer four points than in the US.

It is centrally located in the city.

Definitely going to stay here every time we are here going forward!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Darkfiber
ada l, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Yangzhou Hanjiang, responded to this review, 13 August 2013

Thank you so much for your review and sharing your experience with us.

We appreciate your comments regarding the good buffet, facilities as well as our service. We are very happy to have you with us and we will continue to strive to provide the signature Four Points experience to all our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Four Points By Sheraton Yangzhou soon.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The hotel is quiet and quite new, everything you expected for a Four Points is in place. Although there is nothing exciting about this hotel, I think that it is one of the best hotel in Yangzhou area.

I had a breakfast buffet on the ground floor café, the breakfast itself was OK, however, for 2 days, maybe it was not very busy in the restaurant, I saw that quite a few staffs and chef gather together, keep talking to each other while preparing your food.

On the day of my departure, it was towards noon that I check out, and was looking for a taxi, I realized that most staffs has gone for lunch, and in the whole lobby, only one lady was in the check in counter while every guest was queuing up in front of her for check in, check out, and I was also waiting for her to call for a taxi! I then remembered again that the night earlier I had a dinner in the Chinese restaurant, the same thing happened that only one reception lady was responsible for serving everybody… the staffs were all very nice there, but it gave me an impression that the hotel requires a bit of improvement in management. Anyway, I would still recommend this hotel and will come back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
ada l, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Yangzhou Hanjiang, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing Four Points By Sheraton Yangzhou as your home in Yangzhou.Thank you very much for your detailed and valuable comments regarding your stays. We will take immediate actions to improve our staffs’ performance. And we would like to thank you again for taking time to review our hotel. Your comments are keys to our continuous improvement. We sincerely look forward to welcoming your back soon.