“Great staff, beautiful view, standard equipment”
Review of Beidahu Ski Resort

Beidahu Ski Resort
Bangkok, Thailand
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great staff, beautiful view, standard equipment”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I went there on 13-14 March 2014 for my first time ski. I would say this is much better than I expected that I have to come back and gave them a review.

As this is China, I would not expect something good but I was wrong. The equipment is all in good condition and they have everything for rent. They have price for brand new equipment and last year equipment. i chose last year one and they are still in good condition. (I used to do some fun ride in Korea and I was disappointed as the skis bounced back my boots all the time. I didn't sense any ski experience at all.) So the equipment was fine.

Then I asked them for English speaking instructor. I got "Zhang Long" as my personal trianer for two days. His English is much better than I expected as both receptionist and call center can't speak English at all. I spent 4 hours with him and I can ski as a beginner within 2 days. He is very helpful and friendly. He is local people so he can give you besides ski knowledge but this area information. The touching part is I can feel his concern as I'm female solo traveler.

For the ski area, I would say the scenary is very good. They got the team from Nagano Ski to set up the trails so no wonder. Without Chinese language around, I would think this is Japan. The accommodation also looks good but I didn't stay because staying in Jilin City is cheaper. There's a local bus leave the city at 6:50am and return at 14:30pm, 2hrs. And also resort shuttle bus leave city at 7:30am and retun at 17:00pm, 1:15hrs. So it is possible to travel to-from the city. However, leaving at the resort also worth to try and not that expensive if you come as a couple or family.

I would definitely go back to visit there again.

The price for weekdays including ski set: 350 Yuan/4 hr, 480 Yuan/day, 580 Yuan/day (new equip)
If you have personal equipment, price would discount around 150-200 Yuan.
For weekends & holidays, price is higher about 100 yuan.
Renting Suits, gloves, helmet, goggles is in addition: about 125 Yuan/day.

Visited March 2014