“Good Hotel with friendly crew”

Holiday Inn Yinchuan International Trade Center
Ranked #6 of 458 Hotels in Yinchuan
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Holiday Inn is fine for short and long stay guest. We stayed there as a home base for our Yinchuan visit. For breakfast and dinner is buffet available, which we appreciated. Especially the desserts, great.
The rooms are big enough and well equipped with everything you need at a trip. From toothbrush to tea and coffee. The crew is friendly and they like to help you in case of questions. And English language is not a big problem. We enjoyed our days in that hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
SMa472, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Yinchuan International Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Andreas G,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Yinchuan International Trade Centre.
We are very glad to know that our staff and service helped in making your visit enjoyable. Meanwhile, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.
Thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you!
Public Relations Manager

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is my second review for this hotel - we stayed here last week. The hospitality is amazing. The staff in the coffee shop went out of the way to cater to our needs (since two of us were vegetarians). They made special food for us and even packed up food for our flight back to Shanghai.

The hotel was impeccably clean and everything seemed to be in place. Not too crowded - and therefore a very nice ambiance. The location is pretty central in Yinchuan - there are a lot of shops around. One can take a walk to the gardens located nearby - it was amazing to see the development in Yinchuan in such a short period. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who visits Yinchuan.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Debabrata19
SMa472, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Yinchuan International Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Debabrata19,Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel made your stay experience more memorable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.
Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!
Sincerely, Marketing & Communications Manager

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Hard to believe this property carries a Holiday Inn 4-star.
Huge modern structure with impressive lobby. the 'good' stops there. ridiculous car park, stone faced unmotivated staff (front desk, eateries, managers). Smile is alien here and even the F&B director kelvin acknowledged : hospitality is something totally unknown to the local staff.
Check in was slow, and after going to my room Front desk phoned to say there was a glitch in processing my credit card. I insisted she comes up with the wireless terminal - charge was authorized instantly. They probably forgot to swipe the credit card and called a bluff.
There was no luggage rack in the room.
Room service pulled another bluff - rack provided only in suites.
Room safe was out of battery and so failed set up.
Toilet flush took an hour to refill water closet, 2 complaints including one to F&B director to get it fixed.
Every breakfast, Coffee shop table set up took multiple calls for attention to get placemat, cutlery, side plate in place. So ridiculous too that waiter sweeps crumbs right from table top onto floor. Coffee is dispensed from a huge 10-little pot - result is soured coffee.
Fully agree with other reviewers that this is one of the worst managed HI.

• Stayed: August 2013
SMa472, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Yinchuan International Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience during your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Yinchuan International Trade Centre, Being our valued guest, your opinion and feedback is extremely important to us, as it will help us to further enhance and shape our service in delivering a truly memorable and authentic experience to our customers.
I do apologize that we were not able to accomplish your expectation of service and product this time and I have made note of the particular area you felt that we have room to improve. Specially your suggestion of toilet flush problem and staff service have been addressed with my team.
I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose our Hotel for your future travel needs and I look forward to welcome you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time if I can be of assistance to you for your next stay in Yinchuan.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

My three kids, my wife and me had booked this hotel thanks to Holiday Inn Hohhot. Originaly planned for a stay of one night, we finally stayed 3 nights.
The staff is very friendly, the english level is very good (at least better than mine, I'm French)
The Lebanese restaurant is excelent.
We would like to thank the General Manger and the Director of Food & Beverage for their help and their advices.
For sure, we will stay here again when we will go in Yinchuan again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
SMa472, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Yinchuan International Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear Mr Thierry,

Foremost thank you for your encouraging comments and we will convey your message to the staffs. This will definitely encourage them to do better.

We are glad that you and your family had a pleasant stay in Yinchuan and hope that you will include us in your future travel arrangements here.

Merci !

Regardez

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights. It's a conference trip. For that purpose, this place was OK. Frankly, not quite the Holiday Inn we are familiar with. Its western restaurant (Italian, I was told) was actually rather local. But you can go out and try various kinds of food (including western fast food) nearby.

The room was reasonably good and I was happy. But in the first evening I thought of ordering breakfast for the following morning. Did the usual stuff and hanged my order outside my room. Thought I'll have my breakfast on time. It turned out that no one came to pick up. Asked the counter what happened when I checked out. They told me that I should have called them so that they'll come over.

Otherwise, not bad for staying in Yinchuan.

Room Tip: My rooms seems to be OK. It faced the main entrance.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
SMa472, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Yinchuan International Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to come back to stay with us next time. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.
Please also accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience caused. We would like to assure you that we have communicated your feedback with the concerned department and corrective actions have been taken.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

All in all pretty good, can well imagine its the best in Yin Chuan. rooms are well furnished,quiet. breakfast is good but same food reappears at lunch time. Check-in took ages even though I had a reservation so you are left fuming in the smokey lobby. My passport could have been hand copied in the time their 1980s xerox took. Several services like business lounge, middle eastern restaurant exist in name only. As a foreigner i had to ask the staff to stop staring at me - am used to it but 4 waiters standing ogling gob-smacked while i ate freaked me out. Minibar firmly locked up, promised fruit plate never arrived..Finally the front of the hotel yard is a disaster of a car park - they need a simple traffic management system - couple of coaches and taxis and its chaos. Despite all this - the staff are friendly and i would go back - it is after all 4star not 5

Room Tip: would go high up
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mightymark9
SMa472, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Yinchuan International Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.
Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I travel for work and stay at hotels all over the world, but this place is total irony!! One of the largest most beautiful hotels, especially for a Holiday Inn, but probably the worst managed hotel I have ever stayed in. I will say that the staff is very kind and helpful but the management is totally lost! The upstairs executive lounge has a happy hour with free food and drinks nightly which was most disappointing. There were two other coworkers staying at the hotel and we noticed the same food, I mean the exact same food being served night after night. The finger sandwiches were hard as a rock and who knows how old, but they were put out each night. Happy hour started at 5 and ran until 7 each night. The food was brought up just before 5 and was cold when placed on the burners to warm. This food also was the same food being served night after night, the pizza was hard and rubbery, since it was the same pizza each night. I had noticed the cheese platter was looking pretty old and the cheese was starting to sweat as time went on since there was no new cheese being put out each night. We complained to the manager and he promised to have the cooks come up every thirty minutes to check on the food, but this didn't happen. We complained on our third night and decided to go to the Lebanese restaurant downstairs since the food upstairs was inedible. We ordered our food and when it arrived one of my coworkers noticed that he had been served something different than what he had ordered. He asked the waitress and she took his meal back and after about 15 minutes brought him back a different type of meat but with the same vegetables that were now cold. He asked what the meat was since this still wasn't what he had ordered and she replied that they had forgot to cook lamb that day so this is what he could have. My food was barely edible and so we walked out without paying, telling them to call the manager and that we were very unhappy. Since it was Sunday the manager was at home. There are quite a few people from my company that go to Yinchuan for business but we will never stay at the Holiday Inn again, we will only stay at the Kempinski.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
SMa472, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Yinchuan International Trade Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear Sir:
Thank you for your review.It is with your feedback of our services for guest like yourself that we can truly improve our services .However,we sincerely hope that you may consider returning to the hotel in your next travel plan to Yinchuan city.
Thank you again for your feedback.