“very bad experience with the restaurant”

Rainbow Bridge Hotel
Ranked #111 of 429 Hotels in Yinchuan
vancouver
“very bad experience with the restaurant”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Manual is nuclear and some dishes have no prices. In general the quality of the food is very poor with the price associated. The waitress who takes the order did it in purpose not to communicate clearly for the prices of the dishes. I got one fish dish which charged me 411 RMB at end after I see the bill. She tried to recommend expensive dishes with no clear explanation for the price(misleading customers). When I asked for the bill, I found the price is much higher than what I expected.

Taking into account the price and the quality of the food, I do not recommend this restaurant at all.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Macao SAR CHINA
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Quite good 4* for china's standard. The rooms are clean and functional with good quality product. Quite stinky drain though sometimes. Good food, good breakfast but Chinese style only.
The staff is nice and helpful but you can expect that no-one will speak English.
Coffee place on the second floor that doesn't know how to make coffee. I won't recommend it.
Free wi-fi pretty much everywhere.
Overall we had a nice experience.

• Stayed July 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Getting around the hotel is almost impossible. You have to go to the 5th floor to get to the next building. At night they turn off the lights in the hallway. Add a dark decor and it's pitch black. I found it easier to walk outside of the hotel to get to the main lobby. Not convenient.

Everything is smoking - even nonsmoking.

Breakfast is not western. I'm adventurous, and eat all kinds of street-meat during the day and especially late night, but "miscellaneous sheep intestines" gets a pass at 7 am.

The nightclub was actually interesting. Sort of like "Ningxia's Got Talent" in a good way. Reasonable drink prices, but anything other than a beer may be a lost cause if you don't speak Chinese.

Not 4 star as advertised, but you are in Yinchuan, Ningxia. You could do worse...and better.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Westminster, MD
Reviewed 15 March 2008

We went to Yinchaun to adopt our son so our focus was on getting him and conducting the adoption. However, when we entered the hotel it was like we were well missed old friends. The service was wonderful and when we did have an issue the folks there worked hard and quickly to help us. The issue was when we got to our room we realized at once the difference between American description of rooms vs Asian description. In short we knew we needed a larger room when we got our son. The manager made sure we got it and a day before we got our son.
The staff was very understanding of our new son's situation and helped us help him.
Both rooms were well kept and one night there was a sand storm, the next morning the rooms had a fine layer of sand, by the time we returned the room was throughly cleaned again and spotless.
Everyday there was fresh fruit and bottled water for us. The restaraunt had buffet for breakfast and everyone in our group had no problem finding something that they could eat. Dinner there was also wonderful as it was probably the best steak I ever had.
In short I was very sad to leave the Rainbow Bidge. We were made to feel like we were family and that we would be missed.

• Liked — The service and we were within walking distance to everything we needed (gocery, park)
  • Disliked — I could have done with more Western style options for food but I didn't really even expect what we got so even that was good.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank lar19
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2007

Arrived at hotel early Friday evening not knowing what to expect & was pleasantly suprised at the Western Style Foyer & Lobby Area,
Check in was trouble Free although finding room (which happened to be in the Exectutive annex) was a little tricky.
Exectutive Floor was clean and well maintained, key card slightly confusing until you get used to waving in front of sensor.
On entering Room I found accomadation to be of a very high standard with excellant furnishings and amenities (Desktop PC with Plasma Screen & acceptable speeds, Large LCD Plasma TV) fruit on arrival.
Bathroom very well maintained and layout acceptable, walk in shower (although balancing the water temperture was not easy).
Large 'kingsize' bed (a little firm but I was expecting this in China).
Overall impression of the Room was clean and well maintained.
Western Restaurant was to a high standard (although I only ate a Chinese style buffet breakfast there) very clean & well laid out.
A small coffee/lobby Bar was on the 2nd Floor (1st Floor in China is always the ground floor) with a show bar & KTV area's on the 3rd Floor.

Summary:- Excellant Hotel and very good value for money, I would have no problems staying here whenever I travel to Yinchuan & would recomend it to colleagues.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank John_xian