Really nice place for families. Been a bit skeptical at first reading some of the reviews here, but everything was just about perfect. The resort is situated on a hill, therefore the walks are fairly steep, but there are elevators if is too hot to walk or you just don't feel like walking.
Even though the transfer from Heraklion it is a bit on the long side, it is nice that you can actually see a bit of the island.
Very nice staff, helpful and majority speak good English. Very good food, and you get specific evening dinners also.
There is entertainment for kids at the main pool and on the theatre in the evenings.
Clean sandy beach with plenty of sun beds. The pool bar is very close so you can get sandwiches, ice cream, and drinks all day long. The beach is all surrounded by the same rocky hill on which the resort is situated, which makes it very nice, or at least for me is.
Nice big rooms and very nice furnished, could have done with a couple of English channels though. There is only CNN in English, but who goes there to watch tele? Ask to get if possible a sea view, it is brilliant and you get yourself a nice terrace also. There were some reviews bellow that there is no soap or shower gel in the bathrooms, there was in the one we had.
There are some shops on the hotel premises and it did not look that was overpriced compared to the ones in the resort.
There is not a lot you can do in the village though; therefore if you want to see a bit more you can rent a car and go in places. I think they also organise trips to a water park and different other places. We have been quite static as travelled with a small baby.
The only downside of all the travel was Thomas Cook, with which we ha booked the travel. They are completely rubbish, starting with the information they give you in the agency (1.5 hours transfer time, and you can take water for baby thru airport security), up to flights (the most uncomfortable, and tight I have ever been), up to the service they provide when you are actually there. Will never ever book with them again.
Would definitely recommend this resort to anyone and would probably go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SENTIDO Mikri Poli Crete is set on a sea facing slope... with direct access to the golden sandy beach. This resort is a unique beach getaway in southeastern Crete. Take your children or friends to experience an inviting ambience with tasteful style, modern amenity and expansive beach-facing accommodation. A retreat like no other... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sentido Mikri Poli Crete reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mikri Poli Crete Hotel Makry-Gialos
- Sentido Mikri Poli Crete Greece