“Great hotel for the price. Would stay here again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lagada Beach Hotel

Lagada Beach Hotel
Ranked #33 of 35 Hotels in Milos
Longwood, Florida
“Great hotel for the price. Would stay here again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

The hotel was very conveniently located. You can walk to the port and to the town. Many restaurants and gift shops within walking distance. The room was clean and had air conditioning. The bathrooms where good. We got a room with a balcony facing the pool which was wonderful. The staff was friendly and they had a good breakfast every morning. There was a refrigerator in the room. Cleaning service was good, plenty of towels. They provide shampoo, but make sure you bring your own conditioner. The pool was beautiful and clean. There is a beach right there in front of the hotel, although we didn't go to that beach. There are so many gorgeous beaches in the area and the island is really gorgeous. We just loved it there. The Milos people were very friendly and the food was generally good. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. There is free internet for the guests and a pool bar, although I don't think it was open. But you can buy soft drinks and water at the front desk very reasonably priced. The furniture is made out of stone (including the beds), but the mattress was good and I slept very well. My only complaint would be that there was no dresser to put my cloths in, so we lived out of suitcases for the 5 days we were there. But that aside, everything else was quite perfect and I would definitely stay there again. The rates were very reasonable.
As for the island, as I said, it was gorgeous and I want to go back. It has some of the nicest waters and unusual beaches and the friendliest, happiest local people I have ever met ANYWHERE, and I have traveled a lot. My favorite activity was a sail boat tour of the island. We went with Oneira sail boat. The captains name is Ilias, he was great, the boat was great and it was worth every penny of it. The price was very reasonable and included a good lunch, plus wine and ouzo. It was all great. You can find Ilias with his sail boat at the harbor. If you go after 6 pm when the sail boats come in. Just make sure it's a good day with not too much wind. Ilias knows the weather, just ask him how choppy it will be. He told us what days were good for sailing and in deed it was a perfect day. It was all good.

Room Tip: Ask for pool front, make sure there is air conditioning.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank SophiaMaria1977

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
madrid
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

from the moment we aproached Milos by ferry, I could recognize the hotel which is only a few meters away from the deck. on the left side,on a very quiet part of Adamas, the port. The hotel is clean, spacious, with a great pool to chill out, walking distance to anywhere in town. good staff: friendly and very professional.
We were a group of 7 and had a wonderful time there, we felt like at our home in Greece.
the rooms are very confy and cozy, the air conditioning works wonderfully. everything was perfect.
Don´t expect luxury but it is a great choise to be in the port and rent a car to visit this wonderful island. You shouldn´t miss it.
They treated us so nicely I don´t doubt next time visitng the island I will come back, and hope it will be soon.
thank you all at the hotel for your constant smiles and help, your nice rooms and service, your good breakfast in the garden.
see you soon

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank carlosviajando
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

We booked this hotel at the very last minute online and had no problems. Our room was very simple, white washed walls, simple ikea type furniture, overlooking the pool (through to the bay). However it was perfectly fine given the price. To be honest we stayed in places on our trip that were four times the cost and no better. It made us question if we should have always been staying in cheaper places.
The location is just 3 minutes walk from the ferry (we tried to get a taxi not realizing how close it was) and wasn't too hard even with suitcases. Equally it was only 5 minutes from the center of town.
There is a great big pool, tennis courts, table tennis and buffet breakfast. Perfect for a budget conscious family I would imagine. We are a couple and equally enjoyed it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wonderlusta
Athens, Greece
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

reservation for a twin bedded room results in a double bedded room....no phone in the room so I moved to the reception desk...we change room...the new one has two single beds but no sea view....no phone, no towels....I went again to the reception asking for towels....I got them went to my room to find out that they were EXTREMELY DIRTY....went back to the reception to ask for new ones....this time they were clean but all this was enough to ruin my holidays....people are rude and they do not know how to treat the visitor....JUST STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank evdokimos

Travellers are raving about these Milos hotels

athens
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

It is a nice hotel relatively cheap with simple rooms and no luxuries. It's location is very good (at the end of Adamas, the port) because we could walk there in the evening for dinner or a drink. Our rooms were with brick beds in front of the pool. My son was in the pool and I could see him from the balcony (in the garden). We payed 60 Euro including breakfast which is the cheapest I've ever pay for a beach hotel with a pool. Breakfast was of course very very simple but ok. The beach in the front is not very nice. Milos has amazing, fantastic beaches and I've never been to all even if I've been there twice.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank cycladesfun
Cheddar, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2010

Having booked two modern rooms via booking.com (or so our paperwork told us), we arrived at 11.30pm to be shown to two extremely basic rooms (they call them traditional!) with only a fan and with two brick built single beds (well apart - good for the boys but not for us!). The key didn't work for one, so we were then split up on different floors of the block.

The shower was primitive with a plastic seat in case you wanted to sit down in it. The toilet was of a size that would be good for pre-teens and the taps were so flimsy that you had to be very gentle with them for fear they'd come off in your hands.

We showed them our paperwork to be shown different paperwork from booking.com which indeed stated traditional rooms but also stating that we wanted modern rooms as we had two teenage boys with us and would prefer one double bed and one twin bedded room. The hotel had even highlighted our requirements, which they had received on 12th may 2010, two months before the booking (but ignored them obviously).

The staff were not particularly apologetic but pointed out that the modern rooms were more expensive (the reason they had ignored our requirements obviously!). Strangely enough they were all booked out now. The couple in front of us had arrived to be told that instead of a double bed, they had a twin bedded room. We wonder if their's was the Flintstones version too?!

After a heated debate, the conversation with the receptionist became unpleasant and so we had to put up with the two rooms they had allocated us - separated from each other and from the boys and uncomfortable. Luckily that night, even at 12.45am, the lovely people at Chronis Hotel & Bungalows were able to accomodate us perfectly, at the same, price for the remainder of our stay and we booked out of Lagada Beach ASAP.

Although Lagada is well placed, with a nice pool, everything about lagada beach is dated and done on the cheap. Internet is sketchy, breakfast whilst plentiful is the equivalent of Tesco Savers and they are commercially oriented rather than customer service oriented.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank jrapeter
Evvia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2010

We were looking for a place to relax and Milos, even after so much time, still remains the most amazing place. Since we didn't have car, we loved that the hotel was just couple hundered meter from the port and the town center - and yet it was quiet.
I believe that our room was in the newer part of the hotel - it had nice view even though the balcony was small. The room was quite spacious simply equipped but had everything neccessary. The bathroom was nice, with bathtube.
Concerning the services, they were below average - the breakfast (included in price) was really poor and we hardly eat anything - my husband never eats breakfast but he took coffee every morning, which he hed to pay for, even though it was served in a plastic cup.
There was cleaning service every day but usually they didn't have our room ready when we came back late noon so basically the room was clened only every 2nd or 3rd day.
The pool area was nice. I believe the hotel was worth the price we paid in September. Generally, even though the hotel had its downs, our stay was great - I will consider it when we visit Milos next time.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple