“Lovely stay”

Ranked #55 of 176 Trapani B&B and Inns
Essex, UK
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Welcome drink on arrival; friendly staff. Comfortable bed, room and bathroom nice. Lovely view over the harbour. Good breakfast. Some rolls and cake given on departure, which was a nice gesture. Good location. Paid parking to front of property.

Only down side was that there were steep stairs up to the B & B which could be a problem. We had to park our car 5 minutes walk away, although this was in order to get free parking.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Bugibba, Malta
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My fiancee and I spent a few days in Trapani and it was simply amazing. The hotel is very welcoming, they treat you like you are family. The lady that did the check in, gave us all the details we needed and recommended some good restaurants for pizza and fish which in my opinion should not be missed. I would definitely recommend this hotel especially for couples as it has nice rooms for couples with a nice view and a b'fast the Italian way, which is amazing. Definitely the hotel to stay in while you are in Trapani.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RyanGraz
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My wife and I spent a couple days of our honeymoon here, and it was superb. They arranged a late pick-up from the airport, were warm and friendly whenever we talked with them, provided a good variety of breakfast each morning (even packed a take away bag for us on the morning we left before they got up). The location is beautiful, in a centuries-old building, nicely renovated, with marvelous views of the harbor and nearby islands. The room had a glass walkway to the second floor bathroom, which was a fun feature. Excellent value, highly recommended (unless you have a problem with stairs - counting the bathroom you have to go up 4 flights of stairs). Only complaint was the cycling of the Aircon, which created some noise, even from the next room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank crashdot
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Returned for second time to Trapani just to stay here, excellent accomodation/breakfast and great location overlooking harbour with easy access on foot to all old town restaurants/shops, fishing market and wonderful seafood at 'Must' bar in port plus boat across road to Egadi Islands;highly recommended.

Room Tip: spacious room with air conditioning looking directly onto harbour adjoining Old Town
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank colm o
Rome
Reviewed 31 May 2013

My boyfriend and I spent a week travelling around the Island and this B&B was easily the best place we stayed during our trip. Our host was warm and helpful, catering to every need and giving useful advice on places to eat and visit.
All the rooms have incredible views over the harbour and towards the Salt Pans and the location is perfect for getting around on foot or by car. The buffet breakfast on a morning was delicious and having coffee made to order was a treat!
Our room had a mezzanine level to access the bathroom and there was also a balcony where we sat and enjoyed a complimentary bottle of wine from the B&B in the evening. There was also a bowl of fruit in the room and chocolates and limoncello to welcome us on arrival. All of these small touches made our experience feel extra special and we wished we were able to stay a little longer.
One small criticism which may affect less mobile travellers is that the stairs to access the rooms are steep and narrow, as were our stairs to the bathroom within the room.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Multiclawton
alepiki, Owner at I Colori del Vento, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful words about I Colori del Vento B&B Trapani
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We visited with friends from Malta and were delighted with the hotel and staff. It has beautiful views over the sea and the service was first class. We were able to help ourselves to tea or coffee when returning from exploring the area which was beautiful. The only draw back if there is no lift so you have to carry your suitcases up the circular stone staircase. Alessandra should be very proud of hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms face the sea.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
alepiki, Owner at I Colori del Vento, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you very much from all the staff of I Colori del Vento Bed and Breakfast Trapani
Northwich, Cheshire
Reviewed 12 May 2013

First class experience to enjoy Trapani & the nearby Egadi Islands. Close to the centre yet directly overlooking the seafront. Team running were extremeley helpul & would definately recommend and return in the future

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple