“Good food for the money”
Review of Country Skillet

Country Skillet
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Rosman
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Country food and low prices. Not much in the way of other choices but will do if you are in need of lunch.

2  Thank MIKEO960

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Loved every single bite! The pancakes are bigger than the plate! Three are enough for 2 people! It just felt like home!

Reviewed 22 April 2013

A local country restaurant that has great service and fine country food. It is nothing fancy and don't go there expecting to purchase a beer but if you want good food at a reasonable price with the locals this is the place for you. I should know I am a local

1  Thank CraigCMiller
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I'm a local. I like their lunch special, which is choice of featured entree, 3 vegetables, and cornbread (though they sell all sorts of short-order food). Every day they serve coleslaw, which is delightful, tasty, and homemade. Their mashed potatoes are real, not instant--much appreciated. On April '13, the price for that plate was $6. The sweet tea is excellent. I almost always order a homemade dessert. Their frostings are NOT from a can. My favorite is the chocolate cake, pound cake, or blueberry Yum Yum.

The entree and other vegetables are good, but I wouldn't say to die for, though I've heard they sell a lot of catfish plates(must be popular & I've not tried one yet). To me, it's just comfort food and something to order other than the standard fast food sold everywhere.

The tables are covered with cheap homey vinyl cloth (fits the country theme).The food is served on cheap lunchroom style-like plates, not the real chinaware. You eat with paper towels. I see race car driver decor in there sometimes, along with historical local pictures. I like to eat there to get away from the mainstream of life and just eat with the common folk. Oh, I also like to buy a flower, herb, or veg. plant at Henderson's sort of across the road. It's just a country atmosphere with friendly helpful service.

Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

I worked in this area for a couple of years and made this a regular place to grab lunch. They are friendly and the food is very good and reasonably priced. I like good ole' home cookin' and this is where you'll enjoy the good people in Rosman too.