This is quite a complex so worth reading the more helpful reviews on here to find out things like where the free ice-creams are! It seems there are about 3 hotels of differing standards within this one hotel. If you book "gold" that seems to get you a **** room. There is a Guitart Central Park & Guitart gold Central Park listed on here. They are the same place, just diff rooms. Well worth checking what level you are paying for. Every resident can use any of the bars / pools, so the pictures on the booking sites are misleading. It is set on a hill so lots of steps but I think you can get about the grounds by using the lifts inside the hotels. If you need a hotel where everything is easily accessible from a single elevator stack this is not for you. Having said that, you could just use the pool & bar nearest your room and you'd be ok.
Our overall experience was positive. The staff were generally great - we were in Guitart II and the staff in that restaurant (Costa Brava) were very helpful. I saw an English lady on the team often taking time to talk to babies in pushchairs, giving their parents much needed encouragement- even though she was very busy. As with any buffet, the earlier you got there the better; they were pretty empty then became full later. The food kept being replenished though and in the week we were there we had a good variety. Spanish dishes appeared daily with stews, paella, sardinas, etc. and interesting desserts. Huge amounts of fresh salad and fruits. Also a different pasta with choice of tomato or cheese sauce at lunch & dinner so good standby for kids. If you generally look for pie & chips at home forget it (although there were nice chips!).
Top tip - we discovered there's a bar menu (in Spanish) telling you all the all-inc drinks you can get. We hadn't spotted that until our penultimate day so almost missed the cava cocktails! Some people had a sort of uber-all-inclusive deal which got them dearer drinks and ice-creams. We found the standard all-inc was enough, with quite enough to choose from.
Our cleaner couldn't have been better and was the same one every day except her one day off. Spotless.
One real let down to our whole stay was the staff on reception. On arrival, even though their badge showed they could speak English AND I spoke loudly, they didn't understand I wanted to check in! So a very uncomfortable few minutes ensued while they were looking for an email they thought I'd asked for. Eventually they realised! I should have said "check-in" apparently, not "I'm early, is my room ready yet?"
On departing at the end of our holiday, like a corresponding book-end of crapness, their inaccuracy caused another panic: I had asked them to book me a cab for five to the airport. They said no need, just come 10 mins before and we'll order it. I said, what even for five people? Yes.
You can guess the rest. Fortunately we had left enough time for error.
They don't explain anything so you have to work it out. For example, a family suite was actually two adjoining rooms in our case but they gave us the key for just one without explaining it so again we had a panic at finding a room with a double bed for the five of us.
Apart from that we enjoyed a good week by the pool, within walking distance of the sea, which is all we had wanted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exotic and beautiful gardens, swimming pools, waterfalls, tennis courts, a sport area, solarium, gym, an extensive variety of spacious comfortable and lively terraces. Combine together these amenities and facilities create Guitart Gold Central Park Resort & Spa the ideal location for an immensely pleasurable and original holiday.Choose between five different swimming pools situated at various levels around the complex (one of them heated and covered). Spacious gardens to enjoy for leisure and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Guitart Gold Central Park Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guitart Gold Central Park Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Guitart Gold Central Park Resort And Spa
- Guitart Gold Central Park Resort & Spa Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain