Guitart Gold Central Park Resort & Spa
Ranked #84 of 125 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
St Albans
“Fine”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

This is quite a complex so worth reading the more helpful reviews on here to find out things like where the free ice-creams are! It seems there are about 3 hotels of differing standards within this one hotel. If you book "gold" that seems to get you a **** room. There is a Guitart Central Park & Guitart gold Central Park listed on here. They are the same place, just diff rooms. Well worth checking what level you are paying for. Every resident can use any of the bars / pools, so the pictures on the booking sites are misleading. It is set on a hill so lots of steps but I think you can get about the grounds by using the lifts inside the hotels. If you need a hotel where everything is easily accessible from a single elevator stack this is not for you. Having said that, you could just use the pool & bar nearest your room and you'd be ok.
Our overall experience was positive. The staff were generally great - we were in Guitart II and the staff in that restaurant (Costa Brava) were very helpful. I saw an English lady on the team often taking time to talk to babies in pushchairs, giving their parents much needed encouragement- even though she was very busy. As with any buffet, the earlier you got there the better; they were pretty empty then became full later. The food kept being replenished though and in the week we were there we had a good variety. Spanish dishes appeared daily with stews, paella, sardinas, etc. and interesting desserts. Huge amounts of fresh salad and fruits. Also a different pasta with choice of tomato or cheese sauce at lunch & dinner so good standby for kids. If you generally look for pie & chips at home forget it (although there were nice chips!).
Top tip - we discovered there's a bar menu (in Spanish) telling you all the all-inc drinks you can get. We hadn't spotted that until our penultimate day so almost missed the cava cocktails! Some people had a sort of uber-all-inclusive deal which got them dearer drinks and ice-creams. We found the standard all-inc was enough, with quite enough to choose from.
Our cleaner couldn't have been better and was the same one every day except her one day off. Spotless.
One real let down to our whole stay was the staff on reception. On arrival, even though their badge showed they could speak English AND I spoke loudly, they didn't understand I wanted to check in! So a very uncomfortable few minutes ensued while they were looking for an email they thought I'd asked for. Eventually they realised! I should have said "check-in" apparently, not "I'm early, is my room ready yet?"
On departing at the end of our holiday, like a corresponding book-end of crapness, their inaccuracy caused another panic: I had asked them to book me a cab for five to the airport. They said no need, just come 10 mins before and we'll order it. I said, what even for five people? Yes.
You can guess the rest. Fortunately we had left enough time for error.
They don't explain anything so you have to work it out. For example, a family suite was actually two adjoining rooms in our case but they gave us the key for just one without explaining it so again we had a panic at finding a room with a double bed for the five of us.
Apart from that we enjoyed a good week by the pool, within walking distance of the sea, which is all we had wanted.

Stayed August 2014
6 Thank Sausaged

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

How they received 4* I don't know, the rooms were an average 3* even though we were supposedly in the 4* section, staff are unbelievably rude including the manager who just didn't care, as we got there late we missed dinner on the first night and couldn't even get a drink at the bar at 23:45 after the receptionists took forever to check us in, breakfast was warm at best and not very tasty, went back again at dinner and found the same thing we ate out for the rest of our stay there which what you don't pay all inclusive for, 1 drink per person so you can't get drinks for your friends who are with you and never saw more than 1 bar staff at a time so you can imagine the queues, best thing about the hotel is its location the bars around the corner are great we never failed to have a good night....out of the hotel that is!
And yes we were booked on gold resort will never recommended nor go back!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael S

Travellers are raving about these Lloret de Mar hotels

St Ives, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Just enjoyed a fantastic week at the Guitart Gold 1 Central Park Resort. First time we've gone all inclusive and now we wouldn't do anything else. Me, husband and 3 sons 9, 6 & 4. It's very important you understand this site contains parks (buildings within complex) 1-4 inc apartments. Facilties are mostly shared but not restaurants. The 4★ is park 1 "gold" and I think park 4 & inc apartments. We stayed in park 1 gold. Wonderful family suites with space & aircon, great restaurant variety and quality. We met a few unhappy with 3★ building and food in the 3★ restaurant. The pool was very nice, a few tiles missing but complete up keep must be difficult in the height of the season. Mini klub and mini disco superb, all girls work v hard and really take interest in the children. Special mention has to go to Zoizic part of kids entertainment, my boys loved her energy, enthusiam and v caring nature. "Her mini discos rock! And are the best!!", my boys say. Jeanette in informacion is also a real asset and exceptionally helpful. Bottom line, we thoroughly enjoyed it and are looking to go back next year, thank you!!!

• Stayed July 2014
12 Thank Mama3boys33
Saint-Denis, Reunion Island
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Another wonderful weekend spent in Guitart hotels. A great surprise awaited us when we arrived, and everything was up to the high standards that Guitart always displays. Rooms were spacious and spotlessly clean, the food was very varied and in great quantity, the personnel always had a great smile -- proof not only of their professionalism but also of the real pleasure they take in making guests feel so welcome. I shall be looking forward to returning again at Christmas, when Guitart always does something even more special.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank GJCFrance
Reviewed 11 July 2014

After reading the reviews on this website I was rather worried however when we arrived at the hotel it was just as it looked like on all the photos. In a wonderful location just round the corner and a short walk down a road past loads of shops etc... Was the main strip and at the bottom of that is the beautiful beach. Me and my bf stayed in building 2 just above the reception which were the newly renovated rooms that were clean,spacious and had a great view of the hotel grounds. The staff were actually helpful and as for it being noisy at night it wasn't at all I noticed police would circle the hotel grounds at night to ensure this. We went all inclusive: drinks were plentiful and I didn't have a problem getting more then 1 for me n my partner when he weren't their. As for the food their wasn't a great selection but as we only went for 3 nights it was good enough couldn't have it all week tho. Take note the meat bar is around a corner in their most people may not notice this and settle for salad. The swimming pool area is great and clean but I wouldn't use the toilets their they smell. You do have to pay 1 euro to rent a sun lounger for a whole day which isn't a lot tbf and is the same in most places. Overall I had a great holiday everything is conveniently located with the bus station also minutes away that takes you to waterworld go karting and loads more. I will be returning next year definitely

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Kaylahkelly
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned from this hotel we actually stayed in the apts part they were very clean well aquipped for self catering tho we were all inc.
The food
We found breakfast more continental than your standard english but we found a bar piccadilly near sea front did all english for E5.25 excellent value. Never went at dinner time so cant comment on that but evening meals were very good standard our last night was barbecue spare ribs they were beautiful .
Drinks
Lager is san Miguel on draft very nice thank you:-) there is lots of drinks available such as JB whiskey but the like of my drink jack Daniels you pay 1 euro for and the measures are huge so well worth it .
The pools are well kept beautiful gardens all around the hotel a little up dating is needed in some areas but hey this place is huge .
Overall we had a really good stay here an probably return so if you have booked enjoy :-)

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan R
london
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just arrived after a short break here and having read so e previous reviews was pleasentty surprised.
Staff
The staff don't speak the best English but generally polite and helpful
Rooms
Right now this is key. UPGRADE! We upgraded to the 'gold' room. Whilst it wasn't what I would call gold, it was what I would expect from a 4*. I did suggest the the manager that perhaps it wasn't a 'gold' room, however his reply was simply "have you seen the standard!" . I'd really rather not!! We were I'm room 1342
Food was fine plenty of choice, so,etching for everyone
Drinks
Every time you want a drink they swipe your card. Not seen this at an all inclusive before. Drinks her fine, crisps and ice creams avaliable at all bars. Bars shut at 23.45 mad they are very strict on that!
Entertainment
Not much of it and a little strange but they do try.
Grounds
Lovely pools, large co plex kept nice and clean. Us beds could do with replacing
Location
Location great.shirt walk to beach and lots of bars and resturants.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends