“Charming hotel”
Review of Hotel Santa Marta

Hotel Santa Marta
Ranked #19 of 124 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Reviewed 26 February 2013

The Santa Marta is a very comfortable, quiet hotel in an idyllic location on the doorstep of Lloret De Mar. The location is excellent with fantastic views out over the Med and a lovely beach.
The facilities retain a degree of old fashioned charm but are immaculately clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank DonnyUKtraveller

Reviewed 13 September 2012

We stayed at amazing Hotel Santa Marta with our two dogs and we loved it!! Thank you for a great experience:-)) Fantastic location right on the beach...we will miss the superb view of the bay. Hotel has a great gym decent restaurant and friendly staff. Rooms are very comfortable and hotel property is kept in immaculate order...would love to come back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tribble1
Reviewed 30 August 2012

A great little hotel hidden away on the outskirts of Lloret / Blarnes. The hotel is perfect if you want to escape the crowds and simple relax and chill out in great surroundings.
I found the staff to be excellent - always attentive and nothing was too much trouble.
A few pointers:
- Go with sean view rooms - its worth the extra cost. The views are stunning and its great to sit out on the balcony
- The evening meal is a treat but a little pricey. Remember you are in a five star hotel so it is 5 star prices. However I would recommend at least one night dinning here. The food is of a high standard and the service excellent
- The pool / beach area is great. Towels are provided and there was never any issue with beds or space.
- It is a family location - so expect children / babies
- Visit Blarnes (local side). Its about an hours walk over the hill. We did it in flip flops and enjoyed it but we like walking!
- WiFi is free and great signal even by the pool area
- Sort your transfer out carefully. We got the shuttle from barcelona and it was a little traumatic. They dropped us in Lloret which is a cab ride away. Buses cant get down to the hotel as its on the side of a hill on a winding road
We will definetly visit again and thoroughly enjoyed our time here

Room Tip: Go with Sea view - its worth the extra cost
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mark468_12
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My husband and I celebrated his 30th bday by spending 3 nights at the Hotel Santa Marta.

We could not have asked for 2 more perfectly beautiful beach/ pool days. The beach, Santa Cristina, is amazing. The water is warm, clear, and safe, as it is a nice protected little cove. There are a couple of awesome little restaurants on either direction down the beach. I recommend a bowl of gazpacho and a glass of white wine as a nice light lunch on the beach. You can also rent lounge chairs and umbrellas if necessary.

The pool was also phenomenal with a beautiful view out over the ocean and ample lounge chairs and umbrellas. The hotel serves drinks, snacks and light lunch options down at the bar.

The fitness room was also great. Had everything we needed to get a good workout on vacation.

My only complaint was that for the price, the annex rooms weren't very nice. The beds were uncomfortable and things were kind of funky... but not bad. It is clear that you pay for the amenities and the setting more than for the room. Also, because we did not have a car, we ended up eating almost all of our meals at the hotel. The food at the hotel is good, but a bit pricey and limited. On our last night we took a cab in to Blanes and ate a crazy dinner at the fish market. It was a nice outing.

I think it's wonderful that Hotel Santa Marta is a few kilometers away from all the craziness of town. It's a perfect little getaway and is so awesome and relaxing.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Mgk13
Reviewed 22 June 2012

The hotel is very nice, I would class it as being old fashioned. The service was ok and the chap that gives you a lift in the buggy to and from the beach if required is friendly.

The beach area is very nice and we particularly enjoyed the large pool.

We were given a free upgrade from the annex to ocean view as the annex was closed during our visit. The annex is as you may or may not expect, totally separate from the hotel which after having stayed there I personally would not have liked.

The food was very limited on the menu, I am not a fancy eater so I found myself eating pollo croquets a lot!

The area of Lloret de Mar is really I would say for young 20 somethings with it very lively nightlife and fast food joints.

I would recommend taking a boat ride to Tossa, it was very quaint, cobbled streets type place with lovely a bakery.

We did enjoy the local water park, it was great fun.

We also took a train ride into Barcelona for the day which was lovely.

I would stay here again for a long weekend type of break as it is fairly near Girona Airport.

Our stay was in 2009 but I still receive greeting cards from the hosts!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LTS1Bournemouth
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This hotel has a wonderful location, but it's not a 5 star hotel and service was terrible.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Alex_frog77
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I visited the Santa Marta on my honeymoon wanting a luxurious break for me and my lovely wife. I assumed that we would want for nothing throughout the break and that the staff would be as helpful and friendly as possible. I'm afraid that this was not the case. The staff were very snobby and unhelpful (only giving us the full option for breakfast on our last day). The room was of a 3* quality if that including a rather dubious toilet stain when we arrived and the hotel's facilities were few and far between and mostly shut. I would advise the hotel to charge less if they plan to remain open at the end of the season and close down all the facilities. Definately not worth the £1000 for 5 days that we paid.

The views are fantasic though. Sadly, the rest leaves a lot to be desired.

Room Tip: Spend your money more wisely and elsewhere.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple