I booked this holiday for a 5 night relaxing break with my partner. Our first impressions were not good atall. We arrived at reception and were told that our room was not ready yet and to come back in 1 hour (we were not given our all inclusive cards so went and sat in a bar down the road for an hour) we returned an hour later and were given our room key card. We went up to our room on the 2nd floor, which was VERY dark and dindgy - opened our room only to find it had not been cleaned from the previous people! We went back to reception and asked for another room but was told NO by a very rude receptionist and told wait another hour!! After another hour had passed we went back to the room - to find it had still not even been touched by the cleaners, so went back to reception and asked for another room - and was finally given a different room. The room was basic and dated and really needed to be refurbished. The bathroom itself was clean but the shower curtain was hanging off the rail and mouldy! Our room was overlooking the town and it was VERY noisy all night long! The walls of the hotel are paper thin and you can hear everything either side of you and above and below and doors banging ALL night long - so not much sleep atall!! On our last night a massive fight broke out between two families including the adults and the Children right outside of our room in the hall way - and the hotel staff did nothing to calm it down - just basically let them carry on, NOT THE ATTITUDE OF A 4* HOTEL!!
The food was OK, filled a hole and no upset tummy complaints, the staff always ensured that the food was kept topped up and regulary replaced it with fresh hot food. The all inclusive drinks service was good and worth having and the bar staff were constantly cleaning the bar area and making it tidy. The entertainment was rubbish (not sure you can even call karaoke entertainment; but some people enjoyed it). The pools were clean and on the roof top of the hotel is another pool, jacuzzi's, sun beds and another bar - which was great and very quiet and relaxing up there. The hotel is a 1min walk away from a lovely clean beach. Golden sands and crystal blue sea - deff worth a visit.
To Sum it up the Hotel is deff NOT a 4* hotel and I would Not stay here again or recommend it to a friend, but we made the most of what we had and enjoyed a break away together!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star H•TOP Royal Beach is family oriented hotel, full of life and activity. It is located in Lloret de Mar, Costa Brava (north-east coast of Spain), just 100 meters from the beautiful sandy "Platja de Fenals" beach. The 153-room provide many facilities and services for adults and children. It is situated at 85 Km from Barcelona – El Prat Airport and 25 Km from Girona Airport. Lloret de Mar is one of the most popular cities in Costa Brava known for the lively nightlife and its clean&safe beaches. FACILITIES Rooms • Social room (ping pong, billard, etc. • Restaurant • Bar • Swimming pools ( one for adults and one for children; unsupervised pools ) • Sun terraces • Laundry room • Souvenirs/gift shop Children • Miniclub (really is children's activity room ) • Playground • Baby cots and chairs Spa area • Hot tubs (Outdoors. From 1/5 to 30/9) Staff • 24 hour Front Desk services • Multilingual staff • Housekeeping • Tour desk Others • Currency exchange • Car hire • Medical service (external service) • Air-conditioning • Heating • Safe boxes (in each room)* • Wi-Fi* • TV • Luggage storage (coin lockers) • Lifts • Bikes & quadricycles* *Some of these services are extra or require a deposit (ask at the Hotel) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your H.TOP Royal Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h Top Royal Beach Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Royal Beach Lloret De Mar
- Royal Beach Hotel Lloret De Mar
- H.TOP Royal Beach Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain