“Excellent holiday - good value for money”
Review of H.TOP Royal Beach

H.TOP Royal Beach
Ranked #63 of 124 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Dudley, United Kingdom
“Excellent holiday - good value for money”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

After reading the reviews on here I was a bit dubious. However, after having spent the last two weeks there I was very pleasantly surprised. Yes the rooms are basic, but kept very clean. The staff were, without exception, fantastic. The pool and bar area are lovely. The all inclusive offer does mean that there are sometimes queues at the bar, but they soon go down as you are served very quickly. The rooftop jacuzzis and terrace area are lovely with a separate bar up there too. The beach is just round the corner and Lloret itself about ten minutes walk away, looking forward to staying here again soon. My only complaint is that the children's entertainers really need more than the 4 songs they play twice a day, every day!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jane M
HTOPHotels, Director of Sales at H.TOP Royal Beach, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Mrs. Jane M

My first words to you are many thanks.
Gives us great joy to read comments like yours either reviewing our hotel and services.
As you can see there are comments for all tastes and different, each and every one of them read with great respect, all help us in our daily work.
We are very happy you have spent a nice holiday in Lloret de Mar and will be a pleasure to have you with us again.
Greetings

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Somerset
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We have just returned from a last minute holiday staying at the Royal Beach Hotel in Lloret de Mar. I read some reviews before leaving and must admit I was a little worried but hoped that most people on here were just moaning for the sake of moaning - and thankfully that proved to be the case.
The hotel was lovely and clean but most of all the staff were so friendly and helpful that they are an asset to the hotel and the Spanish race. I have previously thought that Spanish people were rude and ignorant but not at the Royal Beach Hotel.
With 2 teenage girls who did not always emerge from the room until the afternoon I never expected the staff to clean the room every day as this was our fault not theirs. But no the cleaning staff in the hotel were exemplary as the room was cleaned and beds made every single day, regardless of the time. What a service!
As for the restaurant staff they were always happy and welcoming on our arrival for each meal. One person on another table had an accident with a glass and they were quick to clear it up and kept insisting to the apologetic guest that it was no problem at all. The food had plenty of choice to satisfy the fussiest of eaters (myself) and all nationalities seemed to be catered for. They held a Spanish evening and a Mexican evening with extra items laid on for guests to try. Such a lot of effort put in from the hotel staff always.
The entertainment was as you would expect in an All Inclusive family hotel and so not always to our taste but the Flamenco Dancers were fabulous and gave a lovely authentic taste of this beautiful local dance.
Finally the Reception staff were on hand 24 hours a day with a smile and helpful manner at all times. They were happy to help with any query if they were able.
All in all this was a most pleasurable stay at an extremely decent and accommodating hotel and I would recommend it to any family with children of all ages.

Room Tip: We were at the front of the hotel which was opposite a nightclub so a little noisy
1 Thank amarnipurplepaula
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Have just returned from the royal beach and we all had a lovely time.
Check in was smooth the staff were welcoming and informative, we were given a nice room on the 1st floor with a pool view.
The restaurant staff were all lovely and the food was nice, particularly the breakfast; the Chinese evening was great we all enjoyed that very much.
The htop entertainment team were all excellent, they did a party one afternoon with face painting, dancing and cake. We all enjoyed the pool disco which was daily and the disco at night before the main entertainment which was varied and enjoyable.
The bar staff were all friendly, polite and approachable. They spoke many different languages and were quick to serve, we never waited long for drinks.
The hotel shop was also excellent and the lady who ran it was so lovely. She spoke good English and some of the products for example crisps were cheaper than the shop across the road, so it was easier to go in there.
On the roof were 2 jacuzzis a small pool and a bar, the bar
man Jose was polite and
friendly.
Overall it was a lovely holiday and I would recommend this hotel.
Initially we did encounter some rather unpleasant people who let there children run wild around the hotel and there were a large amount of German teenagers who ran up and down
screaming and slamming doors; but after they left and new people arrived from different walks of life it really was an enjoyable place to be.
Fenals is nice with a few shops close to the beautiful beach, and lloret centre is a short bus ride away, but be aware at this time of year it is absolutely full of large groups of German teenagers, it seems like a 18-30 resort in my opinion.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank debbie7219
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We are a family of 4 and this was our first time we had been All inclusive and I had read some reviews and were a little worried, but no need to have been we found this really clean and tidy and I am i little fussy! the food was different each day although some was very similar to other days they staff were quick to change the trays of food before they ran out and did not run out of anything while we were there.
All staff we came across were very pleasant , friendly and helpful but think if people were rude to them then they got similar back, if however you are polite you were treated with the same respect. definitley would go back and my kids loved it here so that is a big bonus, think some people expect to much we had no problems and enjoyed our stay :)

Room Tip: We had a room facing the pool this was very nice as it may be less of a view towards the road side
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank emmatt35
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2013

went there for a second time hotel seems to be getting a lot of stag parties in which can be noisy, the food was always well cooked and well presented and very nice the entertainment was very very poor this year same as last year could do with a change,or venture out of hotel quite a few local bars some with entertainment ,The drinks bar was of a poor service waited too long to be served and this year you were only allowed one drink per person last year was 2 drinks per person but while waiting for a drink you got to chat to people waiting in the queue, rooms were always clean and tidy, pool area and rooftop jacuzzi were great, we would go again overall nice and friendly atmosphere with good bar staff and restaurant staff,

Room Tip: use the local bus service to get about cheap and reliable service, also try to go to Barcelona by...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank manutd6899
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Booked this 4* surprise Htop hotel for a 4 day mini break with my wife and 7 year old daughter. My wife being 29 weeks pregnant was the last chance she had for a break away before bambino arrives. Its good value as you don't know which Htop Hotel you are staying at until 3 days before you go. We had a bit of chew trying to find out which hotel we would be staying at as they then tried to say its allocated on arrival (if that's the case how you are supposed to book airport transfers is anyone's guess as they stretch all over Costa Brava!) however the Mrs sorted it in her own inimitable way. On arrival at the Hotel at 11.20am we were told the room would not be ready until 12.30pm but could use the facilities until then. We were photographed and given a card pass which we were told we must use at all times to get drinks and meals in the restaurant. The receptionist helpfully explained the facilities available and was welcoming to us. She helpfully explained that there were two bars however in our time there one of them was never open. We got changed and then got some sunbeds, thankfully despite our late arrival and noticeable German guests there were still plenty left (as that was the case every day) I went to get a drink and told not allowed until 12pm so trudged back dryly to our sunbeds. At 12.01pm I returned and handed over our 3 cards in exchange for 3 plastic glasses and our 3 drinks passes cards which were scanned and returned to me. The deal being that you had to return with your empty glasses or you couldn't get another drink or your cards back. I guess it cuts down employment as we basically clear up our own glasses however it is like been treated as a little school kid but my real gripe is that I go on holiday to relax, have fun get a little merry and not then have to be constantly thinking "Were are the empty glasses, have I got my passes?" Mind getting merry is difficult, all the alcohol is 20 odd % proof, a brand called L&S or something like that, didn't even see it in the supermarkets. They are poured out of optics so you only get one shot, my Mrs asked for a double and was growled back "No, one drink one only!" No cocktails except for the pre mixed cocktail of the day and drink choice is therefore limited. A family party of five who we befriended were further hacked off when were told the maximum drinks allowed to collect at anyone time is 2 adults and one child even though they had 3 adults and two children and 5 passes! That meant the 62 year old granddad had to queue up as well with his son or son had to get 3 drinks and then re-join the queue at the back. On the subject of queues they were lengthy on a night but it was the height of summer so perhaps expected. On the first day I drank from 12pm until 12am and went to bed pretty much as sober as I arrived so on night number 3 I bought a litre of proper vodka from the supermarket up the road for 8.60 euro and we all drank that (apart from pregnant Mrs) and the drinks were considerably better.
We got our room key at 12.45, the rooms are clean, air conditioning and TV, don't know what the programmes were as we never turned it on! The rooms are probably more 3* quality but are acceptable and were cleaned every day to a good standard. The balcony was large however only 1 chair out there so not much use!
We went for lunch at 14.00 only to be told that we weren't entitled to it as we could have lunch on our last day. My wife went to Reception and complained stating that as we checked in at 12pm we should be able to use all the hotel facilities and eventually they relented. Once in the restaurant the food really was very good. Large salad display plus plenty of decent quality hot food, definitely something for everyone, the staff work very hard, constantly replenishing with piping hot trays. There is wine and soft drinks available, I had red which was very nice, no bitter after taste like so many cheap foreign hotels plonk. On the 3rd night we had a Mexican themed night which was excellent, chicken fajitas, nacho's, guacamole, salsa etc.. and still other normal dishes if you didn't like Mexican. My only gripe was that on that night there wasn't really anything for kids, the section specifically for kids was again all the Mexican stuff which most kids don't like. Deserts were good too. There is a snack bar serving burgers, sausages and chips and some salad in between meals, don't know what the quality was like as didn't eat it.
There is a roof top adult only terrace with 3 Jacuzzi's and a bar which looked pretty good to get away from it all but we didn't use as had a child with us.
Didn't get any bother, the lifeguard is a bit of a jobsworth, made my daughter take her rubber ring out of the pool at 4pm though she had been in the pool with it all day as had others yet the next day never said anything! The entertainment was acceptable and the girls in the kids club were first rate. They also did aqua aerobics which seemed popular too.
All in all I would say the hotel is fine, probably a 3.5 out of 5 but the saga of the drinks really lets it down and stops a higher marking.

3 Thank lance w
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Maybe a 2 star possibly 3. If I had booked a 2 or 3 star hotel for myself and the rest of my party then the only issue I would have had would have been with the light fingered member of staff who emptied my purse of its euros. (£170) on the last evening. I had been careful and used a friend's safe for the most of my money up until the last day. I put my money back in the purse and left it in my room. Big mistake. I did not notice it was gone until I looked in it as the coach was picking us up and 6am. The Reception guy just shrugged and I had no time to do anything about it. The hotel is clean but very dated. As I say, if it was rated as a low star then I would have expected what I got and been happy enough with it. The food was nice and the roof top area is great. Card system is frustrating but the queues go down quickly. I found all the staff to be pleasant enough. I was in a room at the front of the hotel and the noise from club returners is a problem.
Use the safe!!!! Hide your money!! My biggest issue really is that it is still being advertised through the agent that i booked it with as a 4 star. I will raise my concerns with them. The fact that the hotel is misrepresented is not the fault of the hotel The fact that they have staff who steal is!

1 Thank rozza1234

#24 of 124 in Lloret de Mar
Hotel Acapulco Lloret de Mar
Hotel Acapulco Lloret de Mar
#19 of 124 in Lloret de Mar

Been to H.TOP Royal Beach? Share your experiences!