“A bed and nothing more! ”
Review of H.TOP Royal Beach

H.TOP Royal Beach
Ranked #80 of 124 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I stay in this hotel for a week. It is really cheap and the bed is ok. The television is about 10" so it is useless. However you don't choose this hotel if you want comfort and service. This hotel only offer you a bed for sleeping and nothing more. Fits the young people good. The food here is not good at all. It tastes horrible and it also give you a free ticket to the toilet. I recommend you to find another place to eat.

I'll give it 2/5 because of the food. Other things in this hotel is 3/5

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Martin G
HTOPHotels, Director Comercial at H.TOP Royal Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear customer.
Very sorry that you have gone with this low rating and also sorry not to have met your expectations towards us.

As always thank you for taking the trouble, and made this statement, we will continue working with our best disposition to convince customers like you to change the feedback for us.
Thank you very much.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,136)

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I think the response to Eileen's review on here is less than helpful! One night we went down to get a bottle of water from the vending machine to have your angry little guard shoo us back up to our room, despite the fact that 50-60 students who where having what appeared to be a full blown rave in the reception area of the hotel!! We only came down for a bottle of water, to cool us down as your laim excuse for aircon wasn't doing the job!!! The staff at the bar, restaurant and the reception where lovely and could not be faulted one bit, but your security certainly need some training in basic people skills! That also goes for the maid's who shooed me out of my room on two occasions despite me telling her that I did not want the room cleaning at 8am in the morning when I am away on holiday!!! All in all change your security & cleaning staff to less jumped up people, raise the bar on the food, your food choice's no matter how many there may be are not 4* rating, if your going to charge extortionate prices for WIFI make sure it works at all times not 1 hour a day, stop using your hotel as student accommodation as it seems this is the down fall of your hotel which is a lovely hotel! What will happen when the schools, colleges and uni's begin to book with another hotel "which will eventually happen as this is a dog eat dog world, and another hotel will come along and under cut you" what will you then be left with then? A Hotel with great potential a year supply of terrible trip advisor reviews & hopefully by the end of the year a 2* rating so no more couples or families with young children are fooled into booking with you! I am one of the lucky one's I was on my hen party and hold my hands up that at some points I will have been one of the noisey ones who where complained about, but nothing on the level of the rude, loud & obnoxious students, who all your staff stand behind and defend! Last pointer entertainment was the worst thing I have ever seen, they staff who employee the entertainment team must be def because they can not sing nor play instruments, so if your going here get your bearings outside of the hotel the second you land because believe me your going to need it!!

Room Tip: Top top top floor maybe a quilt on the sunbed on the sun terrace may get you a peaceful nights sleep
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Louisebeck

Dear customer.

All comments that we respond with the utmost respect to all the people who posted and all the people who read them.
Every one help us to improve our work, it is logical that some customers to be happy with our services and not others.
Everything we do is in support of our customers they are most important for our entire company.
All comments are reviewed and take appropriate measures to correct errors definitely we comment.
Willingly accept criticism and I assure you all help us.

Many thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I are both 75 we booked through an agent did not have all-inclusive just half board so paid for our drinks. I asked for another room when we arrived as I wanted a high floor. This was no problem, we were given one on the 5th floor The staff on reception were very friendly and efficient and nothing was too much trouble. We did not have a rep so asked them where to catch buses for Blanes and Tossa and they were always ready to help. Room was quite spacious with nice balcony and location of the hotel was excellent with beach just a short walk and town about 15 minuites walk but the bus stopped right outside the hotel. Meals were good and plenty of variety, staff were very friendly especially the door manager. The outside pool and jaccussi on the top floor were excellent. Entertainment was OK and the bar stayed open for England's match in the World Cup which was appreciated. My husband had his wallet stolen in Barcelona and reception staff could not have been more sympathetic even apologising and showed us where the Police Station was. A small girl had been left on her own in the next room and was very upset and crying, I fetched receptionist and he was very kind and helpful, mother eventually returned. I cannot praise the hotel and staff more highly and if I return to Llorett will certainly stay at the Royal Beach Hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank barbara s

Thanks for showing appreciation to our staff is their job and try to do the best.
Regret that the incident wins in Barcelona on the theft.
Greetings and hope to see you and your husband soon between us.
Thanks.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We just returned from the Htop Royal Beach hotel and we had a great time. We booked all inclusive holiday via Teletext holiday and it was a bargan deal. My expectations were not very high because of the low price of our holiday package. I asked for a room in the quite side of the hotel and we were given a very nice room on the 1st floor with an extra large balcony overlooking Pizza restaurant in the side road. We wanted to avoid pool side noise and our wish was granted by excellent receptionist. The room was spacious and clean. Towls were changed daily in our bathroom and room was cleaned daily too. The receptionist were very friendly and recomended a train trip to Barcelona. The train route is by the sea and the scenary was fantastic. There is a bus stop by the roundabout not far from the hotel and the bus number 6 goes to the train station at Blanes (approximately 10 -15 minutes ride). The position of the hotel was good and lituraly 2 minutes walk to the beach Fennels. Lloret de Mar centre is about 15 minutes walk. The food was ok and there is a barbeque section in the restaurant with a hot food, so the statement in one od the review that only cold food is available is not true. Only one drink per person can be taken at the time, but the staff in the restaurant bar was very quick and I never qued up more than a few monents for a drink. Special thank you to Jose from the roof top bar as he makes the best refreshing cocktels. Drinks were served in plastic glasses by the pool obviously for the health and safety reasons, as no one wants to step on the broken glass, but inside the restairant and entertaiment area drinks were served in the normal glass, so the person who wrote the bad review was not truthfull as they have combination of plastic glasses for the pool and normal glasses for the restaurant area.
Members of staff were very polite and helpfull and I did not expect McDonalds smile anyway. At the end of the day they are not clauns, but employees of the hotel.
Entertainent was ok with combination of disco, flamengo dancers and brazilian and capopera danc ers and impressionist. There was an entertaiment for adults and children and a big screen for the World cup. After all this is a 4 not 5 star hotel and it is exactly what it says on the tin. For those who seek luxury they should have gone to 5 star hotel or hire personal buttler and hairdresser instead of complaining about 4 star hotel. After all it is a good value for money, clean and very close to the beach. Roof top with 2 jakuzi pools, bar and a children pool was the great place to relax.

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank Myorenge68

Dear customer.

Many thanks for making the description of our different areas and services, thank you for your positive rating.
Are confident that these comments will help others clients to be more clear the choice of destination for the well-deserved holidays.
You described very well the situation and different possibilities of mobility from our hotel to other nearby towns.
We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your holiday here with us and hope you visit us again.
Many thanks.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We spent a week at the Royal Beach Hotel from 4th June 2014. We had a fabulous time. The staff were superb - especially Jose on the roof terrace - what an absolutely lovely man (Hi Jose greetings from Jimmy and Joanna). The maitre d in the restaurant was utterly charming, always smiling and a lovely man. The maids were always polite. Food was excellent (apart from the bacon - you need to change the bacon). The food was beautifully garnished. A holiday is what you make of it. Sick of hearing of all this criticism from other people who have stayed at this hotel. Our room was second floor overlooking the road. We didn't hear any noise. Room was cleaned every day. Fresh towels. The shower was a bit dangerous - mine took off when I was shampooing my hair and my boyfriend injured his foot because water went everywhere. High water pressure but no complaints - we had hot water all the time. Probably my fault. Best to have a bath really.

Turning this around a bit who knows what the staff actually think of us. Probably look at us as alcoholic pigs really. People running around as if its their last meal piling their plates high with food. We didn't do that - we tried food and if we liked it we ate it. That did exclude the bacon. The desserts were fab. So were the salads, so was the seafood and so was the steak. A huge choice of breads and fruits, cava at breakfast ... what more can anyone want really. And there is plenty of really nice food - it isn't your last supper believe you me.

Would I stay there again. Absolutely. I would give it 5 stars personally and I would also like to thank all the staff there for their incredibly hard work especially Jose on the roof terrace.

Any when we do return to the same hotel we will be staying for two weeks next time not one. So to all the complainers - rubbish. A holiday is what you make of it and if you treat people with politeness and respect (tipping doesn't do amiss either) maybe they will treat you back the same way.

One word of warning regarding the airport transfers DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE HOLIDAY TAXIS.COM EVER!! I MEAN NEVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY. We spent two hours sitting on a coach at Barcelona airport waiting for flight after flight after flight to come in. After two hours we went to the other terminal (yes sadly there are two) to pick up more passengers. A total time of four and a half hours from Barcelona Airport to the Royal Beach Hotel. The return transfer was again a total disaster. We left the hotel on time, got past Blanes on the way to the Airport. The driver was on not one but two mobile phone, had his hands off the steering at time as well. We or should I perhaps say the bus drive made three attempts to travel to Barcelona but each time we started off the bus driver got a phone call to tell him to go back to Lloret de Mar to pick up more people. After an hour on this bus we had made three trips back to Lloret and ended up where we started from at the Royal Beach Hotel. An hour wasted going absolutely nowhere. It took three and a half hours for us to get to Barcelona Airport. The words fuming are an understatement.

If anyone could put a video on about Jim joining in the Flamenco Dancing (the man from Edinburgh pleeeze) which was hilarious please can you do that for me.

Go and have a fabulous time. We will definitely be going back for longer next time but will use a different company obviously for the airport transfers.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JOANNA M
HTOPHotels, Director Comercial at H.TOP Royal Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear customer,

Sorry not having fulfilled your expectations of our hotel.
We have read with great interest your comments and believe us that will serve us to improve on the negatives.
We also have to honestly say that there are some who do not conform to reality but an opinion which we respect.
The tourist tax is paid by all customers is a fee imposed by our government.
As you can tell that the staff does not speak English? every customer who visit us have the answer, all services paid directly at the hotel are advertised in our catalogs and travel agencies are known,please check it before .
Especially felt hurt when you said that we have not dealt well sorry you had this perception.
Clear that families can come and visit our hotel they are our market and we care every day to give the best service.
On comment about the security staff, you and me talked here and you know what happened and I explained myself.
Also know that your comments all and every one are helpful to us and we will try to correct the errors.
Thanks aswell for some good comments about some staff.
I hope you have time and you read other reviews about us and see that are different from those that you post.
Thank you very much and hope all goes well for you.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We returned from the Royal Beach this weekend. We went with our almost 2 year old daughter for a week. After reading all the bad opinions, even before we went, I asked to change the hotel because of bad reviews especialy on those things that are very important, when traveling with a child. Unfortunately, all bad ones were 100% true.
The fact that the price is adequate to the quality, but the hotel absolutely does not deserve 4 stars, do not know who put it on that.
From the first day we were given very poor customer servise there.After arrived, at the reception first unpleasant surprise. I thought I paid for everything, and had to pay a tax, not much but still ... what if came without any money. No free internet in the 4 star hotel is nothing more than a huge misunderstanding! Of course, after taking further money from us, an internet was available.
I do not even want to go in details about card system in this hotel because it was mentioned in many reviews. Another HUGE misunderstanding and discomfort. Half Holiday can spend in the queue if you want to drink a lot, at the option
The hotel hires a few people who absolutely should not be there and work in hotel.Many, many times I had an impression, they treat us as like we came there for free to fill up our stomach and drink and we pay their salaries.
We were told that the hotel is child friendly ... Our daughter is not two years yet, was no refrigerator to store milk. Of course, you could use the fridge ... for an extra charge 3 euros per day. So if a liter of milk cost 1 euro I preferred to pour and buy new every day. 4 star hotel and the lack of access to the refrigerator even for a child.
The security guard of the hotel was very aggressive and completely did not speak English, as 90 percent of the staff
Noise level at night is unacceptable as the other people say too. I am not even talking about those who comes back from parties and going to bed. A lots of teenagers everywhere, running, shouting, kicking the door at any time, the trainer of one group was banging every single door on our floor few nights at 6 am,just to check if they are all in the rooms.
Staff at the pool bar is the same, maybe one or two to understand anything at all in English. For every request or question others besides beer or whiskey please, they respond immediately negatively. Overall a staff at the pool bar ruin best value reviews of the rest. No English, but also very bad manners, even rudeness in serving.
My boyfriend has been charged too high a price for a cocktail, I was not on this side of the bar, which should, even though the card had all inclusive. When he was trying to clarify the situation, was the same story with staff, only got stressed as nobody was friendly, got spanish answers for all english questions.... Ignored him completely. No sorry or anything. Customer servise does not exist in this hotel.
After several unpleasant incidents I decided to let the manager know about it, just cause such things should be eliminated, because even if the rest of the hotel is ok, or even great, if the staff does not speak English and are rude, has manners, and provides extremely poor customer Service he should respond to it.
But what to expect from staff, if their boss even pay not to much attention on the quest individually.He didnt even bother himself to listen,only talking. Was apologizing every time i started to say anything, but didnt even let me to come to the point. Honestly I didnt care about excused he has for his staff treating guests so disrespectfull.
Coming to the end, there are also big pluses of the hotel, like location, clean large pools, lots of tables and sun loungers, delicious, varied food (no beverages type of juice and coffee for dinner ... you have to stand in the queue to get them) and staff in the restaurant very nice too, the bartender at the Jacuzzi bar, a wonderfull man!!!He should replace not only the guys at the pool bar but the manager and some more.
Like I said, for not demanding, great value for the price. But if you're looking for a nice holiday, feeling like guests, and with a child it is worth to pay extra and go to another.

Room Tip: Rooms at pool side, but high floor to avoid teenegers and having a bus station like in the room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank 551Ana
Reviewed 13 June 2014

we have just returned from the h top royal beach, and we had a good week, it is in a lovely area next to fenals beach ( 2 mins walk) and is well away from the centre of lloret,which is a 15-20 min walk away or around 7 euros in a taxi ( taxi rank and bus stop right outside of hotel).
The room was clean and comfortable,everything worked,bed was comfortable,towels changed daily ,sheets every couple of days,the water is scalding hot at all times of the day.
The food was varied and plentiful,and i can honestly say it was the first hotel ive stayed in that served champagne type sparkling fizz at breakfast,i didnt try it,but plenty of other people did. At every meal 2 chefs stood and cooked on hotplates there was always something freshly cooked,as well as the well stocked buffet,and a huge array of fruit at all meals,we never went hungry.
The pools and pool areas are clean and well kept,plenty of seats and tables and no shortage of sun beds, the roof top is the gem of this hotel,it is a sunbathers paradise,it has a heated jacuzzi ,a cooler one,dipping pool, plenty of sun beds,and a pool bar, the barman is friendly and a nice bloke.
The main bar, drinks are served one per person,there are queues but they go down quickly,and its not as bad as you think it will be,HOWEVER,the bar staff need lessons in bar manners,they are busy yes,but thats no excuse for bad and down right miserable manners,they would do well to remember that the people they are serving are paying there wages.
We are going back in september,and had a nice stay,but next time i am asking for a pool side room as we were on the front facing the road and it could have been quieter.
All in all, a good value family holiday with the odd stag/hen party thrown into the mix,
we enjoyed it ,

Room Tip: ask for pool side or side of hotel as the front isnt the quietest
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank paul p
HTOPHotels, Director Comercial at H.TOP Royal Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Mr.Paul .

Thanks for all your comments,
we celebrate has passed a great holiday in our hotel and had fun

Your comments will transfer all affected areas in order to improve.
Thanks and hope to see you in September.