“Loved the hotel - be weary on excursions!”
Review of H.TOP Royal Beach

H.TOP Royal Beach
Ranked #79 of 124 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We had a comfortable stay at this hotel, the room was cleaned & towels changed each day, food was great, if a bit samey as all inclusive can be. Better off on higher floor as we were on 1st floor & as our balcony was longer other peoples wet washing dripped onto ours, also people saw fit to throw their rubbish, cigs etc off their balcony landing on ours (scruffy beggers, use the bin provided!) Excursion ~ well we took ourselves to Barcelona & got a bit lost so decided to book an excursion to Barcelona & FCB for the tour, went round the tour quite quickly having been given an hour to get round, queuing for photos & to get out took us 5 or 6 mins past our time (beyond our control!) got to bus park & our bus had left! No one was particularly helpful & we didn't have much cash left but made our way to nearest Metro & as we had figured it out from getting lost, got back to our hotel a couple hrs later. Complained at reception where reception chap was quite shocked! Told us to come back next day to see manager. Did this & he was most unhelpful & said to fill a complaint form in later! What kind of excursion leaves without paying customers?? I would have expected at least the offer of excess travel expenses to be repaid! Not much cash left for final day so very disappointed with end service as had been great upto that point!

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Helen G
HTOPHotels, Director Comercial at H.TOP Royal Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear client,

First of all I want to thank you for the interest shown to post your experience here with us.
I thank you for giving us the score.

Much we are pleased to know that your stay here has been nice.
Deeply regret the inconvenience caused to the theme of the tour to Barcelona so we have communicated to the appropriate department.
`Thanks for highlighting our food and room service.
We hope see you again here

Yours faithfully.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,128)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

having read all the reviews good and bad we were abit nervous about going. After a horrendous flight with a group of lads on a stag party we arrived early hrs of the morning and just wanted to get to our room, The guy on reception booked us in no problem we got keys threw bags in and nipped over the road to Roxys for a drink. We found our room to be clean and the air con was most welcome! Next day went to reception for cards for food and drinks again no problems and ventured into dining room for some brekkie. I have to say we found the food was lovely plenty of choice some of the other guests however were not! But being british didn't complain however by the end of the week I had sharp elbows!most ignorant people I have ever come across! Having been told about the rooftop terrace we made our way up and I can honestly say it was the best place!plenty of sunbeds and a right sun trap! The thing or should I say person what made my hol was Jose!what a lovely man,nothing was too much trouble for him he is an asset to the hotel! We had a few issues with noisy neighbours but a quick thump on the wall did the trick! We recommend the medieval night best 25 euro great night out! We also used the free bus to drop 2 teenagers off at the waterpark at llorett and we went onto tossa de mar,worth a visit and finally a visit for the hubby at the Nou Camp,have to say he was like a kid in a candy shop! Overall your holiday is what you make it and I think some people complain for the sake of complaining! If its not done the British way we don't like it! We had a fantastic holiday and would defo go back :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank jeanette g

Dear client,

Is nice to know that you have spent some happy days here with us in our beautiful city.

Thanks for the recommendations made to people who can read this, this will help them to have a better idea when choosing a destination.
Yes the rooftop terrace is very comfortable you can have some fun in the sun and resting enjoying a refreshing drink.
Hope you visit us again.
Many thanks.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Lots of people moan about this Hotel but we have visited other H top hotels in Lloret and Calella and think for everything that you get here this one is the best we have returned from our second year here in a row on the 5th August we really enjoy it here. The only downfall I would say is it can be noisy because some guests do not know how to behave after a few drinks and make a right racket shouting from the bar or as they go to their rooms, This does need addressing more as well as the sunbed reserving because one of the days I decided to count them, the pool does not open until 10am and yet by 7am there were 5 towels out, 8am 12 towels out and by 9am 62 towels out and only about two people looking like they were staying with their bed and towels which really is not fair on others as they are also the same guests day after day wanting the same beds (some pool side) but as for the moaning about small beds for adults and the card system, repetative food.....REALLY! I think it was fine there was different foods daily with plenty of selection and the new live cook is great but again some people would take loads of food and so others had to wait for new to be cooked which meant that people had a wait and long queue's maybe a limit to how many at anyone time would be good as people leave far too much food being greedy and then not being able to eat it all. It maybe all inclusive but we dont need to be wasteful!! We will return again we enjoy the hotel and the friendly staff, they are not rude to you unless you are to them we have never had any problems and enjoy our stays just a little noisy now and then :::))

Room Tip: I suppose you could get a room away from the first couple of floors as ones over the pool are near t...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank emmatt35
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Just returned from our second stay at the Royal Beach and if anything it was better than last year. Our room was overlooking the pool and was cleaned every day by very friendly maids. Plenty of choice at every meal and lots of it.
The location of this hotel is ideal as the bus stops right outside so you can go into Lloret then onto Tossa, Blanes or Barcelona. The free Htop bus service is also ideal as you can visit other resorts.
However, the best thing about the Royal Beach is the staff. They are friendly, helpful and every one of them spoke at least some English. They work long hours and very hard but never fail to stop and help with any query. We are looking forward to visiting again at Christmas. The beach is also literally over the road.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jane M
Reviewed 7 August 2014

NOT RECOMAND
That is not a 4 star hotel, when you do the checkin they give you cards instead of bracelet and if you want to drink something you need to give them the cards, all the time you are scaned.
The food is every day the saime, nobody speak English there if you ask for some information not a chance to have an answer.
If you want to have a fot drink during the lunch, is not possible because they do not serve, if you want to have a two glasses of beer on your table at dinner time is not possible, one single bar for @300 persons absolutly ridiculous.
So if you want to have a nice holiday DO NOT GO THERE

Room Tip: Do not choose any room there
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HTOPHotels, Director Comercial at H.TOP Royal Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear customer.

With all my respect to your comment I think is exaggerated and inappropriate to refer to our hotel like that.
Feel you have not been satisfied with our service so sorry because this is what we try every day to satisfy our customers the maximum possible.
Willstudy card system for all inclusive so can give a easy service to our customers,
The food you know it's not the same every day we have a varied buffet where customers can choose many different dishes.
How can you say that no one speaks English here ?? I do not understand this statement.
Thanks for your time and see you soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

we booked this as a quick week away and after reading some of the reviews were very nervous but it was clean the staff were friendly the food was good with a lot of choice at every meal,i admit it was a bit noisy but if you let reception know they will speak to the offenders ,we loved the roof top terrace with its jaccuzzi's and cool off pool and there were enough sunbeds for everyone ,it was close to the beach ,if you dont want to hear a lot of noise we were told to get a high room facing the pool

Room Tip: choose a high floor overlooking the pool if you dont want a lot of noise
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Liz P

Dear customer.

I am very grateful you have found time to post your experience here with us and also dedicated to the praise that our staff and establishment in general.

Sometimes is difficult subject of noise especially when clients return to the hotel early morning and only get to their rooms and this causes shortness of our security staff strives to control these people and try to cause the minimum inconvenience to others.
Is true in the Jacuzzi area you well know is getting great thank you for the recommendation.
Hope see you here again.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I've just come back from 4 nights at Lloret De Mar staying at H Top Royal Beach with four mates. We are group of guys aged 30. The hotel is in a great location for us, far enough away from the centre to be not too loud but within walking distance (20 mins) or 5 min taxi ride (7 euro) from where the major nightlife is. The beach is only 5 mins walk away and it is surrounded by nice bars, restaurants and little supermarkets. There is an awesome club opposite too called Robin Hood. It does Salsa Dancing, karaoke and is then a club until 5am. Has a real mix of music and people, reasonable prices and the nicest toilets I've ever been in! However, if you are with a family don't get a room facing the front of the hotel. The staff worked incredibly hard and work all day. Nearly all of them were friendly and chatty and remembered each guest and spoke. They all spoke a variety of languages and were welcoming (except one guy on reception who was pretty snooty). The rooms were basic but clean, I complained of a light bulb being broken in my room and it was fixed the next morning (I reported it at 9pm so was done quick). There were maids on every floor and they were changing rooms over every day. As I was on my own I only had sheets done once as I was happy with that and had put do not disturb sign on. My mates had their room done twice in four nights. Cleaner even folded my clothes! Hotel was noisy and I struggled to sleep. The corridors are very long and noise travels, they could do with doors along corridors to dampen the noise. Walls are paper thin and you can hear people talking, coughing, snoring, showering, moving, opening doors constantly. But bung some ear plugs in or get drunk and it's easier to deal with! I was in room 316 which was awesome. Lovely view down on to pool and bar. I enjoyed this hotel and can't really complain, what I paid it was totally suffice and nicer than many hotels in the area. As for food then it was standard all inclusive. Breakfast was poor (go to local pub for fry up for 5 euro). Lunch and dinner were ok, nothing exciting and a bit bland but good choice of things including vegetarian dishes. We got bored and went to Roxy across the road which was very cheap and yummy food. Great variety of drinks on the all inclusive available until midnight. Annoying but clever scheme with the cards they have to get drinks, it makes you keep your cup and take it back to be able to get another! Good idea really. I'd recommend the hotel to people in general. Cheap and cheerful and I'd go back again

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Jayboy84

Dear customer.

Many thanks for your extensive exposure I'm sure this will help many people to get a better idea of our hotel and surroundings.

I thank you for making us the valuation generally positive and there are some aspects that you should mention that we will improve and so we will involve all departments involved for so be it.
Sorry the incident from his breakdown with lamp and I apologize already seen that we try to remedy as soon as possible with our maintenance staff.

Hope will visit us again a pleasure.
Many thanks.