2,300 results
All reviews roof terrace min walk bad reviews main town small pool cleaned every day fussy eater plenty of choice cleaned daily clean towels plenty of sunbeds pool view family holiday abit
Reviewed 7 August 2010

We have quite literally just stepped off the plane returning from holiday at the Royal Beach in Lloret. I have written this review so quickly, because, having booked the holiday "blind" as it were, the reviews on this site scared me half to death when I read them before leaving!

Negatives first, the decor is slightly "faded", nothing serious, and considering how busy the hotel gets, hardly surprising. That's it, no more negatives!

The hotel during our stay was packed! The staff remained friendly and helpful, the standards of cleanliness were maintained to a high level, the food was well cooked, and, considering that it is served buffet style exclusively, well thought out and presented. Some dishes (ie. chips) did appear every day, but as the hotel was full of children, I would consider that quite understandable. The full menu was different every day, with two "feature menus" during the week and plenty of variety. As to thin walls, we had little trouble with noise, barring the odd noisy late night group returning to the hotel, but I've experienced that in nearly every resort hotel I have ever been to, and in any country, including the UK.

My group consisted of two teenaged boys (18 and 16), myself (56) and my new bride (41) and my mother aged 83 and in a wheelchair! We all enjoyed our stay and will return, probably next year.

As a final note, on all inclusive, one person may only get two drinks (one for a second person using their id card) at one time. To get more, it is quite correct that you have to que again. I asked the hotel manager (nice chap, good english) the reason. He was quite open about the fact that it is done that way, simply to prevent the guests who only want to sit and drink all day getting too inebriated.

2  Thank Dippergt750
Reviewed 6 August 2010

There's plenty of reviews on this site saying this hotel aint a 4 star.......ok may be not quite but ive just got back with my two boys aged 14 and 11 and my girlfriend and her children aged 13 and 11 and had a really great time...it's what you make it . Reception staff helpful nothing to much trouble.....we were given a room on the 5th floor which was fine...there are 3 lifts so access was not an issue . The room itself was good , the rooms were cleaned and beds made every day , the bathroom all be it on the small size was clean and served it's purpose . We were All inclusive and found all the food at all the meals times good , we had a spanish night , Italian night and a German night so the variety was ok . The Bar staff were friendly and liked to joke and have a laugh . The pool was good...but we did find if you chose the upper tier to sunbathe there was a slight sewer smell but not all the time............The life guard was spot on...definately no stupidity from the older teenagers , it just wasnt tolerated . The best beach was the nearest beach which was only 200m away.......Good holiday and for the Price a good hotel.....it's definately a really good 3 star.............

1  Thank jonnydontsurf
Reviewed 2 August 2010

just returned from lloret de mar staying at this hotel with our kids aged 12 and 16. we were put into what should have been a double room with two camp beds for our kids squashed beside us. the decor was very old fashioned in need of upgrading. entertainment was very poor .not much money spent on the hiring of acts that came to this hotel. food was ok but very repetitive. queues for the bar were too long. we spent every day at the beach which was lovely so did not make full use of all inclusive and went out most nights because entertainment crap. on the good side...rooms cleaned every day and clean towels daily. most staff friendly especially roof top barman. jaccuzzis were great on roof . lloret de mar is a nice place to visit if you choose different hotel, fenals beach is lovely and barcelona great day out if you plan it yourself.... don,t know why people say it is value for money staying in the royal beach as we paid £2609 for fortnight and have stayed in far superior places for much less,,,,,,, never be back and wont be recommending it to friends either.

1  Thank yvonnemcguire72
Reviewed 31 July 2010

No complaints whatsover about this place. I stayed there with my girlfriend, mother & her partner. My girlfriend had left her passport there (noticed when we had got to the French border) & I must thank one of the receptionists Antonio for going out of his way to find our 'learned' friends (Warrington Wolves fans, you know who you are) to bring her passport to Perpignan where my girlfriend retrieved her passport.

Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I think the entertainment was not bad i thougt the flemenco was very enjoyable. The food
was good as well but the breakfast was the same every day and the pool was very spacious the jacuzzi was so relaxing

i thought it was a good holiday for a 11 year old