I want to say a big Thank you to Mark at HTop for upgrading my family to the newly refurbished HTop Amaika Hotel in Calella. The hotel itself is a great location 5 minute walk from the beach, there were shops, restaurants etc all a stone throw away. Our room was very spacious with four beds, TV, fridge, and a fantastic bathroom, with separate shower, bath with overhead shower, sink, toilet, bidet, and hairdryer. The Hotel was refurbished to a very high standard and looked sensational.
The hotel was exceptionally clean and the reception staff and Restaurant Staff were nice they all work very long hours and very hard. The Restaurant Manager and Head Waiter were exceptional with their customer service, nothing was too much trouble, and those two staff are really a credit to HTop Hotels. I have taken photos of them for you all to see, as they really do deserve praise. On the Sunday night and Monday my Husband and youngest son became very ill with sunstroke and could not physically leave the room. The Restaurant Manager and Head Waiter provided me with food and ice cold bottled water to take up to the room, and Monday evening the Head Waiter took the food and water up to the room for me so my other son and me could eat our meal. There was a wide variety of food, but sometimes the eggs at breakfast were cold but there was a microwave to warm food up so was not a problem. The TV room/internet room was very spacious and cool. The Gym was very good with a good selection of equipment which we really enjoyed using. Didn’t get round to using the Sauna and Jacuzzi but it looked amazing!!!
The entertainment was ok, kiddies disco every night and a couple of shows, however I had seen better at other HTop Hotels as I have stayed at a few. The Pool was slightly smaller than expected and never managed to get a sun bed, but had plenty of chairs and tables, but that did not matter as we went to the beach most days. The beach is wonderful, very clean, plenty of space for adults and children to play games. The waves do get quite high though and the water gets deep very quickly within 7 feet it was up to my neck, so you have to be careful with young children. We actually loved the waves and enjoyed being thrown around in the waves and jumping the waves, great fun!!!!
The HTop coach is fantastic and we spent the day in Malgrat de Mar at the Planamar Hotel which is just across the road from the beach. Again, a great location, good games room, pool, gym.
Our first night was spent in the HTop Olympic, which is a very large Hotel (about 5/10 minute walk from the Amaika Hotel ) and has two pools at the front of the Hotel and more pools at the back of the Hotel. The staffs were very friendly and the Hotel was very clean. However, the rooms are awfully squashed with four beds in. Returning from the beach, I found a message under my door asking me to contact the Hotel Manager. I went to the reception and was taken to the Managers office. The Manager Frank was lovely and informed me the Director of HTop wanted to speak to me on the telephone urgently. Well after speaking to Mark, I was over the moon to find out we were being offered a upgrade because of what had happened with my holiday with SUN4U, which I ended up paying twice. I hope that I will be refunded for the first Hotel I paid for.
I only have one criticism of the Amaika Hotel and that is the attitude of the Bar Manager and bar staff. Many families were complaining because the bar staff refused to allow adults to get more than two drinks at a time for their families. On the Monday night when my Husband and son were ill. I went down to the bar with my other son to try and get four soft drinks to take up to our room. My son got his drink and I explained to the waiter that my Husband and son were very ill in bed and could I please have three drinks. The waiter refused and gave me two drinks only. When I asked why and he said that’s the hotel policy. I told the waiter I was on the forth floor and it would be silly to take the two drinks up to the room then have to come back down and queue up again to get another drink. The Waiter said my husband can come and get his own drink. I took my two drinks to the Reception and explained to the Reception staff who made a phone call and said I could now go and get another drink. However once again at the bar the waiter refused. Eventually the Bar Manager came and told me to leave the two drinks at the reception then I can get another drink at the bar after queuing up again. In all I was about 2o minutes trying to get three drinks for myself, Husband and son . AS YOU KNOW i HAD READ REVIEWS ABOUT THIS HAPPENING AND THE HTop Staff on Facebook assured me that common sense avails and I would be able to get drinks for my family. Unfortunately, the Bar Manager has no common sense and instructs his staff not to allow Adults wanting to get drinks for their families to take more than two drinks at a time. I must admit I was very upset by this especially as my husband and son were so ill and how good the Restaurant Manager and Head Waiter had been all day providing outstanding customer service. Please do have a word with your Bar Manager and Staff there, as you will loose valuable customers to HTop Hotels with this kind of hostility and stupidity towards families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star H•TOP Royal Beach is family oriented hotel, full of life and activity. It is located in Lloret de Mar, Costa Brava (north-east coast of Spain), just 100 meters from the beautiful sandy "Platja de Fenals" beach. The 153-room provide many facilities and services for adults and children. It is situated at 85 Km from Barcelona – El Prat Airport and 25 Km from Girona Airport. Lloret de Mar is one of the most popular cities in Costa Brava known for the lively nightlife and its clean&safe beaches. FACILITIES Rooms • Social room (ping pong, billard, etc. • Restaurant • Bar • Swimming pools ( one for adults and one for children; unsupervised pools ) • Sun terraces • Laundry room • Souvenirs/gift shop Children • Miniclub (really is children's activity room ) • Playground • Baby cots and chairs Spa area • Hot tubs (Outdoors. From 1/5 to 30/9) Staff • 24 hour Front Desk services • Multilingual staff • Housekeeping • Tour desk Others • Currency exchange • Car hire • Medical service (external service) • Air-conditioning • Heating • Safe boxes (in each room)* • Wi-Fi* • TV • Luggage storage (coin lockers) • Lifts • Bikes & quadricycles* *Some of these services are extra or require a deposit (ask at the Hotel) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, Odigeo, Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Superbreak UK, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your H.TOP Royal Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h Top Royal Beach Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Royal Beach Lloret De Mar
- Royal Beach Hotel Lloret De Mar
- H.TOP Royal Beach Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain