“It is what it is”
Review of Hotel Samba

Hotel Samba
Ranked #86 of 124 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

We were going to Hotel Samba as a group of 15 girls for a hen do for 3 nights. The all inclusive deal suited our purpose. The food was ok. For the price we paid we felt there was enough choice and we were happy to eat most of it. (We aren't very fussy eaters though!) However, finding a table for food was a bit of an ordeal. There was a large group of us but generally we had to split up into small groups and find tables apart. I don't think there was a single meal we went to that we managed to sit at an unused table. We always had to ask for clean cutlery. It seems the restaurant isn't big enough for the number of people staying at the hotel.
The hotel had accomodated us by making sure there were 3 of us in each room. The rooms were small for three but the cleaning lady was polite and we had clean towels and sheets.
By biggest complaint would be that around the pool area was filthy. There were loads of people smoking and no ashtray to be be seen. So if you were walking to the pool you had to dodgr mounds of cigarette butts to get there. Also, there was no bin close by so there was also quite a bit a rubbish. Nobody made sure that this rubbish was picked up so everyday you would dodge the same pile of trash. I would suggest that they either make sure there's more ashtrays and rubbish bins or employ someone to pick it all up.
Also, there was a lovely guy who worked in reception and one nice barman in the whole hotel. The rest of the staff were grumpy, fed up and clearly didn't value customer service! Perhaps the hotel could try and ensure that they train their staff to at least smile at guests.
I probably wouldn't go back hete to be honest. But if you want a cheap hen do or stag do in lloret then this hotel is a good location and fine for that purpose.

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 28 August 2014

stayed for 7 nights 20th to 27th aug never got one nights sleep the hotels management have lost control of the young guests who run riot up and down the corridors. food cold or warm,not allowed into the pool area till 10 oclock sunbeds gruby and some are broken. ""NEVER AGAIN.

Room Tip: don't bother going
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank roger h
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I also arrived on 19/8/14 @midnight (all inclusive) asked for water for our 3 kids was told to use the vending machine as the bar closed at 11pm, when to our rooms to find it wasnt conecting as I had requested so my husband and our 2 sons whre in one room and my daugter and I was in another.
breakfast the next day was rubbish cereals fruit bacon(spam bacon shaped) and chicken nuggets?? lunch and dinner where also very poor :( one night they had a chinese night on ready salted crisps where served as prawn crackers!! and spaghetti as noodles nothing chinease at all on the menu.
The pool opened at 10am and was down 2 sets of stairs and we saw many people slip on them my litte girl included, every day there was a que of about 50 people at the locked gate waiting to 'towel claim' their sunbeds,
You are given a plastic card for your all inc drinks and will not be given a drink with out one or your empty glass (plastic beaker) so people like myself (fam of 5) where walking around the hotel with a stack of 5 cups in their hands as if you left them behind you lost your option of a drink and would be charged 1eruo for a new card.
Night time noise was horrific large groups of lads and girls stag/hen do's.
Rude staff in particular a man called Pedro at reception who closed his eyes whilst speaking to me when I was reporting my RING HAD BEEN TAKEN FROM MY ROOM?
The list of complaints goes on as Danusha j said DO NOT BOOK pay a bit extra and go to a better hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank suzy o
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Im due to stay at this Hotel in 2 weeks time with my 2 young sons age 3 and 7. I dont want to hear any negative reviews as ive heard enough and trying to keep an open mind. All im wanting to know is : -
whether there is a water park near by and is the beach easy to find? reading some reviews it seems there are 2 beaches nereby 1 of which does not sound very pleasant.
Also Im wanting to eat out at nights, is it fairly reasonably priced?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help! :)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Food was ok, but not too much choice, could be served a lot hotter.
my main issue was that the queueing up before the 10am opening of the pool and loungers was a total disgrace. Once the gates opened there was just a mass stampede on a very steep gradient of steps leading down to the pool. Children were getting pushed and shoved from adults who werent originally queuing. This is a safety issue which needs addressing.
I agree that everyone is on holiday but the noise levels from groups outside and in on the early hours of the morning is untolerable. Could the hotel segregate families from young groups better????

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Arrived 19th August for a week stay with my daughter. Got given our rooms quickly. Went and unpacked then went down to the pool. Initially everything seemed okay. Then we went for food. I can honestly say in the week we were there the food just got worse. Chicken was never cooked and smelt like dog poo no exaggeration. We lived on pasta chips and sweetcorn for the week. And ate out pretty much every day. It was awful. The pizza in the day was pretty much the only decent food they did.

The entertainment was awful. So bad half the kids didn't even get involved. The girls doing the entertainment looked like they had just been told the worst news of there life every day of the week.

The staff (apart from 1 girl at reception and a few of the staff at the pool bar) were probably the most rude miserable people on the face of the earth. But not quite as rude as the guests. Honestly never come across such vile people in my life. One night I complained twice about the room next door. They received 2 phone calls got louder after each and nothing else was done. Finally ended at 3.30am. Ridiculous that the security man was there in the day then disappeared at night. It's funny reading other reviews that the groups of loud people were dealt with quickly. Not when I was there they weren't.

Pool was nice. Lifeguard on a bit of a power trip when he started banning the kids from taking there inflatables in the big pool so they had to all go in the baby pool if they wanted to use them. Considering there was about 10 people in the pool at the time.it was absolutely ridiculous. The only other thing was the fight in the morning for sunbeds.

The area we stayed at was okay. But again full of rude people.

Our trip was such a disaster on the 3rd day I tried to change our flights but Ryanair wanted €390 for it. So we had to grin and bear it.

Wouldn't go back to this place if you paid me. The only good thing about it was the people we met. Typically on the last few days.

If your reading reviews before you book DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL go elsewhere, pay extra and go somewhere better, avoid it at all costs.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank danusha j
Reviewed 26 August 2014

On arrival we entered our room to say we were horrified is an understatement. We booked for two adults and two teenagers. They had crammed four beds into a two bedroom. Needless to say we could not open the balcony door at one end and the wardrobe at the other. We had to put any other furniture chairs etc on to the balcony just to get accses to the beds. Reception was very unhelpful saying this is what the travel company requested. Food wise again you had had to be very selective what you ate as some items were not cooked right through. (That's if you could get a seat) all inclusive drinks were served in small tumblers long cues and restricted. Snacks in between meals consisted of hot dog sausages with no buns a slice of pizza with no topping. Animation team were amature and never had a smile between them all week. They say don't believe all you read. I will in future.

Room Tip: Don't go. Your throwing away good money.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family