“Very pleasant stay”

Ranked #91 of 125 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant stay”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Was very happy to stay at Hotel Gran Garbi. We stayed in the block across the road from the main block with a large party of school children (6 adults and 26 teenagers with learning difficulties). we were given a floor to ourselves with 4 extra rooms on an adjacent floor. We had a problem with some exceedlingly noisy children from another party but when we complained the hotel staff were on to it straight away. The room temp was spot on, the variety of food was impressive and the dining room very clean and nicely laid out. crockery and cutlery were clean and the staff were very helpful to accomodate our large party making sure we could always sit together at mealtimes. we were also allowed a set time where we had the indoor swimming pool to ourselves for an hour.
Overall I was very satisfied. Negative points would be that there were no staff available in our block - to talk to anyone we had to cross the road, although there were phones in our rooms. .The pool although has a maximum capacity of 20, only had changing rooms big enough for about 5 so were rather cramped. I couldn't get the air-con in my room to work. Also no kettles in rooms and the dining room didn't open til 7:00 - not being able to have an early morning coffee was definitely a downside for me. Also Evening meal only had a water option - coffee, tea and juice were available at breakfast. we didn't sample any light lunches.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Lesley N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I am still staying at the Gran Garbi unfortunately until Thursday 12 September 2013.

If you have any sence do not come to this hotel. I and my partner are 62 and 74 respectively and I have never been in such a bad hotel.

The food is appalling and the bar staff except for a couple of them are rude and very ignorant. I have never felt in all the years that I have been to Spain that I am not wanted, at this hotel this is exactly how you are made to feel.

e.g. I asked where we could could an English newspaper at reception and I was told we have international newspapers here in the bar oh good I said so tomorrow we can read an English newspaper no we DO NOT have English newspapers you will have to go and buy one.. Please note that I am not normally a moaning Brit as I love Spain and its people but this place is bad.
We are all inclusive and there are no snacks after 6.30pm the snacks they do have is very limited and all drinks un less you make a fuss are in plastic cups and plastic containers for beer which only comes in small containers you cannot have a large beer unless you pay for it and we were charged 6.40 euros for a pint of lager and a diet coke.

The place is full of Russians and French there are only 5 Brits here now and we are all looking forward to coming home

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Carol L

Travellers are raving about these Lloret de Mar hotels

Eccles, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

been to llorett many times in the past and paid a lot more than we did at this hotel, we are a family of 2 adults and 2 children 4 and 6 who loved lewis the entertainment manager who made everyone welcome all the staff were really nice with us. concerning the food which everyone seems to be complaining about this is a large hotel cateriing for all nationalities and there was lots of choices and lots of it, lovely salads and fruit fresh bread rolls every meal and a choice of meats tapas night was our favourite of all. Close to the beach and shops but not close to the night clubs as we wanted quiet at night would recommend to any familes we had no trouble either in the hotel or lloret and can def recommned day out at marineland for the children a free bus away great day out but take your own food as quite dear. Overall we believe this hotel to be worth the money there were others 3 times more expensive and not even including food really clean maid was in every day we would return . christine and family

Room Tip: i always pick the top floor but be careful on the balcony with young ones, i dont like the noise fro...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Christine W
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Part of 3 hotels this is the top one 2 more lower down the hill not to steep but a little quieter nice hotel although the 4 stars i would give it a 3 clean but looks like they could do with more staff ,especially at the bar and the restaurant ;-( and the food was definitely not 4 star maybe 2 n half if that,

Room Tip: 6 floors quite on the 6th
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I was in this hotel with a friend for about one week. We had a room in Grand Garbi Mari but had our meals (breakfast and dinner) in Gran Garbi. There were quite some older guests in the hotel, but as we weren't there to party, it didn't really bother us. We also went the last week of September which could explain the lack of younger people and children
- Our room was quiet and in a quieter part of Lloret, but very close to tourist shops and the sea, so an ideal location.
It was clean, with daily clean towels and a nice terrace with view on the sea. There was one extra blanket with some stains on it, but for the rest the room and bathroom were clean. The sleeping quality was good.
- The dining room was quite crowded and staff is very busy which at first gives you the impression they don't really care about the clients, but once you get to know them better and you respect them there's no problem. Staff at the reception and in the bar is really nice.
They also organised a nice event called "buen viaje" in the evening which was very positive for the atmosphere.
- I don't know why people are complaining so much about the food. You have to realize this is a mass-hotel, like a lot of chain hotels... but I don't think it was worse than in other hotels. I think the donuts and croissants maybe shouldn't have come out of bags in the morning, but for the rest the food was nice for a mass-hotel. There was the possibility to choose cereals, toasted bread, different kinds of meat or cheese in the morning or you could go for an english breakfast. You could also choose to eat eggs or churros and pancakes.
In the evening there was a large buffet, every day different... so I don't see what's there to complain.
I think the hotel offers a good price-quality and if one day I would go back to Lloret I would consider this hotel again, it's not too expensive, but still offers a reasonably good quality and the staff in the bar and the reception is really friendly

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank IngePinge333
Buzau, Romania
Reviewed 11 September 2012

a bad experience..i didn t expect at smelling carpets on the coridors,old furniture and terrible food.the rooms smelling also...i well never come back.my experience in spain was very bad for first time.they never changed my sheets in one week..just arange them and in the restaurant..disapointing.french fries every morning,lunch and dinner...also fried eggs.i got sick in that hotel.a skin deseas.ugly.shame on them.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Adriana N
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2012

If you are 18 and looking to party on the cheap, by all means, come here! If you are a bona-fide adult, stay away. The good: cheap, clean rooms, sufficient towels (though no pool towels), courteous staff, gorgeous pool with decent sunbeds, plentiful food. The bad: THIN walls, noisy clientele, HARD beds, one small hard pillow per person, dreadful food (the coffee is totally undrinkable and I although I am a connosieur, I am also an addict and can choke down almost any horrid coffee-like beverage...not this), and they nickel-and-dime you (4€/day to use room safe, 5€/day for internet, water is not included with meals so you have to buy a bottle - they won't let you bring in your own and there is no tap). The town is tourist hellhole full of Brit and Euro teens on party weekends. But also there is an inexplicable number of taciturn, elderly tourists as well. They do not look impressed or at all happy, but I can't tell if it's because they are just grumpy old people or if they were not expecting this environment (surely some of them knew? A lot of them are Spanish...). It seems the hotel tries to cater to them, though, as they have bingo nights, etc, which is incongruous amongst the partying kids. We came here for a beach sporting event and were housed in this hotel, probably on a group rate, and paid something like 150€ for 4 nights of accommodation including breakfasts and dinners for 2 people. On our own travel, we would likely spend that per day, so I can't really complain about the value for the money, but I would not choose this hotel or this town independently.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends