We have recently got back from what first choice/ Thomson classes as a "family holiday", on arrival to the hotel, it exceeded our expectations, although the outside does not look that pretty, it is very modern and clean inside and the facilities around the pool are fab. We 2adults and an 8month baby enjoyed the pool -although it was cold! And the kid pool and facilities was brilliant, slides, pirate ship and pool ball etc. the restaurant was good, different choices every evening but was hit and miss, to whether we liked it but they do try cater for everyone, the staff we're friendly and caring towards their customers.
The hotel and staff was not the problem for us on the hotel and we could not complain, however, it is not a family holiday, while we was there we had to see the first choice resort rep (who was brilliant) because we didn't feel we paid for what we got, we paid for a family holiday in a nice quiet hotel made for families, we expect noise on holiday and know that nothing is completely quiet but when we got there, there was hardly any families and loads of young teenage Germans!
This wasn't a problem to start with however as the week went on there was more and more of them coming for a party holiday, the resort rep informed us that however first choice sell this hotel as a family holiday other tour operators sell it as an 18-30s holiday, explaining the young Germans looking to party!!
So I'd advise anyone who looks at this hotel to think about this before booking as it did spoil our holiday, we didn't feel we could sit in the bar because they wasn't respectful to the families at the hotel, chanting loudly, pushing kids over and not saying sorry and just being rude! They do not know how to Que for food and drinks etc. one night they was chanting that loudly we could hear them from the bedroom which was situated on the 3rd floor and the chanting would go on to early hours, I know holidays are supposed to be fun for everyone but as a family we did not enjoy this holiday, and would not go back or even book with first choice again after they falsely advertised the hotel as a family hotel!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel is part of the Evenia Olympic Resort, a large touristic complex, with more than 30.000 m2 and extensive gardens. The Hotels have 6 swimming pools (2 of them heated), 2 tennis courts, sun terrace with palm trees and sun loungers, pool bar, snack bar, restaurant, nightclub, parking, complete fitness centre with Spa and a Congress Centre. Entertainment program for adults and children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK) and HotelQuickly so you can book your Evenia Olympic Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Evenia Olympic Park Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Evenia Olympic Park Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain