The initial view of this hotel was Thomson Rep telling us we would not get All-Inclusive bands but the hotel gave them straight away. Good start by the hotel. Room was snug but really well refurbished but then you are there to swim and enjoy outside so was perfectly fine.
The biggest positive about this hotel is the food which is AMAZING for an all-inclusive a huge selection every night and the roast beef is cooked so well a lot of british carveries could learn from them.
Snack bar not so good and the sandwich toaster was a terrible state as dented and old!
Bar staff were pretty good, the barman in the pool bar is a right laugh and always happy and seems to enjoy himself.
Pools could have been warmer as was cold in the morning and whilst the kids and saltwater pool was surrounded by Astroturf the main pool was grassy and muddy when it got slightly damp which was a shame. The surround of the main pool was very rough indeed and you will get scratched if you enter the water anywhere apart from the steps which given the two shallow areas you are likely to do.
The entertainment team always looked like they were enjoying themselves and were cheerful and happy to speak to anyone within the hotel.
As for the town yes the main strip is a typical med beach resort with clubs and food joints aimed at 18-30 but follow some of the back streets east and you get to see the older Lloret.
Only had one incident of a group of German lads messing about in the pool but the lifeguard soon stepped in and sorted them out!!
Overall a very good hotel and ideal for a family and a shorter break of 7 to 10 days.
Learn a little Spanish it is appreciated by the staff there even though most understand English.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel is part of the Evenia Olympic Resort, a large touristic complex, with more than 30.000 m2 and extensive gardens. The Hotels have 6 swimming pools (2 of them heated), 2 tennis courts, sun terrace with palm trees and sun loungers, pool bar, snack bar, restaurant, nightclub, parking, complete fitness centre with Spa and a Congress Centre. Entertainment program for adults and children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK) and HotelQuickly so you can book your Evenia Olympic Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Evenia Olympic Park Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Evenia Olympic Park Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain