“AN HONEST OPINION”

Ranked #83 of 127 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“AN HONEST OPINION”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Experience the Sun Village for what it is and mingle with decent, like minded European holiday makers. This place is for people who appreciate relaxation, good food and general quality down time with their famiiles.

The hotel is immaculate and I really have no clue as to why the last set of photo's were uploaded showing not so nice stuff as we only saw cleanliness and general pride in the hotel.

We had Monkfish, Salmon, Duck, steaks, Pork, Chicken and a multitude of local Spanish dishes. Fruit and tasty salads are abundant with plenty of choice for everyone including a surprising amount of veggie options. Puds are a bit ropey and boring though in fairness.
As with most all-inc hols, timing is key when dining as the food does cool down until it is replaced by hotter refreshed trays.

You can go and get a bottle of unopened wine (Red, White, or Rose) or water to drink with your meal which seems much more civilised than the other all-inc jobs on offer.

Reviewers have mentioned the 1 euro deposit for a plastic glass issue. What a brilliant idea...no masses of empty glasses left lying around attracting wasps etc. If you want to order the extra 6 glasses of wine at closing time then buy more tokens (they are refunded whenever you want)....simple as.

If you fancy a good gripe about being in a foreign country where nothing is English and everyone is biased against you then please don't go abroad in the first place or even come here. Stay at home or holiday where everything is chips, cheap beer and shots, fights, rough copulation and ingerrrland ingerrrland ingerrrland until 4 in the morning (not necessarily in that order).

I was a bit embarrassed by the few English people that moaned and moaned about the beer only being Amstell and the wine tasting nothing like their usual Echo Falls (genuinely heard that). Also if you want to get shot of the kids to the animation, think again as it's awful and so is the so-called disco (really really cringey)

Bar shuts at 11, again another master stroke to keep the divs away. We are a family of 6 and felt that hitting the hay at around midnight was late enough. My first ever holiday where I've made every breakfast and had a whole day in the sun.

Female staff are pretty surly at times compared to the men. They do really enjoy saying NO to you at exactly 11 when you want a last drink, I just paid the 3 euro for a grand beer and shuffled off .

All in all a great venue that caters for nice people that don't need a tribe behind them to enjoy.

Take a plastic credit style card as the rooms cut the lekky when you are out which makes charging phones and keeping the in room fridge cold impossible.....wait until your room is cleaned and pop your plastic card in before you go out and hey presto things are charged and cold when you get back.

Slightly irritating though is the fact that after breakfast at 10 you can't get anything until 11 from the bar or restaurant as everything is unmanned and turned off.

Room Tip: The higher rooms are better for views and quietness
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Peter B
Esther F, Public Relations Manager at Sun Village, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for your honest and positive review. Your objective views about our service will be of very good use for other clients who share and value the same aspects in a hotel.
We are taking note of your valueable observations about our services which will help us improve.
Looking forward to your next visit!

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Polish first
Kent United kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We got to the hotel after 3 oclock because the coach broke down. We was greeted by the receptionist which I struggled to understand her,we was not told that we had to pay a tax of 7€ and for your drinks you had to pay 3€ which was refundable as this was a all inclusive holiday should not have to pay this. The hotel was clean but it did not rate 4star status I had my 2 children with me and there was no entertainment for them there was a guy who did some games but he appears to only deal with the Spanish,germans etc there was a tv in the room which was only spanish speaking, but there was different nations there,to me they were biyious to other cultures. There was alot of young German boys who were very loud and staff there accommadated their behaviour
There needs to be an improvement with the entertainment
I have being to a 3 star resort and it was much better.The only time I enjoyed myself is when I went to the beach
Well I suppose I put it down to experience I wont be
going there again.
Pauline from Kent

• Stayed August 2014
Esther F, Public Relations Manager at Sun Village, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your stay at our hotel.
Vouchers should have clearly stated that tourist tax is not included, perhaps you did not read it carfully. About the drinks deposit, it was refunded, so no extra charges there.
Sorry that you felt excluded by the animation. Our animation staff tries to make everyone join the games. No byases to any nationality. However we take note of your observations about children entertainment.
Your feedback will help us improve.
Best regards
Southampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel is not a 4star I paid 1700 when I got there at 2 in morning the male man on the checking was not very helpful we got to our box room and found 3 beds for me my partner my mum which was not on the patio door was broke tea stains on the wall the food is ok but it caters for Russians and Germans there are no English or English pubs in lloret de mar I found the spanish people in the bars and shops ignorant but they treat the Germans and Russians excellent there are no games rooms or entertainment there is a cheesy dartboard that is out for 10 mins and a disco no one goes to no lights etc I found staff very rude the food is the same menu after 3days I could not get drunk on watered down drinks I had here also the pools are very small due to the position of hotels there is hardly any sun around hotel all in all i had a terrible holiday

Room Tip: Do not go here
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Stuart M
Esther F, Public Relations Manager at Sun Village, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at our hotel.
We try our best to please everyone, but it is impossible to please everyone every time.
We take note of your observations about entertainment and the food. There is always room for improvement.
About the sun, we have two swimming pools to choose from plus the Solarium Terrace. Most people will agree with us that you get plenty of sun if you change places during the day.
Best regards.

Travellers are raving about these Lloret de Mar hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I travelled with a group of friends to this hotel for a 4 night stay with the intention of a bit of sun, relaxation and a base to stay if we wanted to venture into the town in the evening.

We arrived at about 2am and were met by David on reception who was very helpful and had a good sense of humour for that time in the morning. He gave us some helpful advice on where to go etc what to avoid.

The room was clean and tidy with a decent sized balcony overlooking the pool. Wifi was a bit inconsistent but the beds were comfy and room clean. Air con would have made it more comfortable.

We used the bottom pool which was good - not too crowded and close to the downstairs bar. We sometimes had to head upstairs depending on how busy it was that day.

Their was a selection of food available for each meal although sometimes food was cold (luke warm at best). However, this was not any of the meat dishes, more chips, rice etc. It wasn't perfect but gave us all a good feed.

The hotel was about 10 min walk from the town area which was fine.

All in all we had a good trip. You will always be able to find fault but the hotel suited us.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank shins1d
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for your kind review.
David will be pleased to know that he was of good service to you.
We are happy that you enjoyed your room, the installations, the food and the location.
Many thanks for your observations which I'm sure will be helpful to future guests.
Please come visit us again!
Best regards.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at Sun Village on our first trip to Spain. We were a little worried about our choice after reading some reviews online but once we got there we knew we made the right choice. The room was clean, modern, and the beds were comfortable. The blue and white décor in the room was calming and waking up to sea views was the best. The food had a good variety each day and tasted great. It was always hot and fresh. The pools were nice and we enjoyed laying by the pool in the sun loungers after sightseeing. I recommend taking the train to Barcelona for a daytrip. The beach is less than a 10 minute walk from the hotel and there is lots of shopping nearby. The staff is very friendly and was always willing to answer questions or give us tips on what to see and do nearby. We enjoyed a nice relaxing stay and I look forward to our next visit to Spain. We will definitely recommend this hotel to our friends.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Txm0m02
Edinburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here for a week. Hotel is situated up a dead end street with a steep hill so our transfer pick up/drop off was on the main road and had to walk up which wasn't an issue for me.
Arrived at midnight to be greeted by an extremely helpful and nice male receptionist. Who gave us free entry for the casino over the road and for a nightclub on the 'strip'.
The hotel is very clean and runs a band system for AI. The food was fresh, plentiful but a tad repetitive apart from the specials station where the chef made things up fresh from pancakes at breakfast to veal in the evening. Paella was fabulous. Bed was changed once in the week but the towels daily if you left them on the floor. There is a flat screen tv with a few british channels and a mini fridge in the bedroom. The 2 Pool areas are great, but if you want a drink, best to stay at the top one as the bar only operates up there during the day in low season. There is no entertainment here outside the weekend which is a disco til 1 in the basement beside the lower pool. As its based a 15min walk from the strip or beach, you can be guaranteed a brilliant sleep as its away from the clubs and hustle and bustle. I would certainly stay here again as its location (being tucked away from the main road and far enough away from the clubs) was perfect for a quiet nights sleep.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank LoUiSeMcEdinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

me and my partner just spent 3 nights in the sun village ignore all the bad reviews this is a excellent hotel we got there at 12 midnight and was greeted by the man at reception which was very polite our room was on the 3rd floor which was very big and clean we were on the side of the road which still had good views
the food was great yes there wasnt a huge choice but it is only a small hotel it was hot and not standing there all the time so very fresh
all the staff was very friendly
the only downfall was they dont do any diet coke and with me being diabetic i had to go out and buy my own which was a pain when all inclusive
the beach is just a few minutes walk away and by the shops
i will be defo go back again for a few weekends but try and get girona airport because it takes two hours to barcelona airport

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple