“Nice complex, awful room”

Guitart Central Park Resort & Spa
Ranked #97 of 124 Hotels in Lloret de Mar
Berlin
“Nice complex, awful room”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I stayed here for 4 days at the end of September. I'm still undecided about this hotel and whether I wouldstay here again.

I would definitely not stay in the same room. I was in Guitart I, thebuilding that the reception is in. On my floor it looked lovely, with posh doors with key cards etc, I then walked through a door to get to my part of the corridor and it looked much more run down, with little keys that you put into the door knob. I didn't feel particularly secure with that door. The room itself was very basic. The beds were not comfortable, and my blankets had cigarette burns in them. The walls were very thin, the nice lads next door were having conversations at normal volume and I could hear every single word.

The bathroom was disgusting. It was mouldy, there were cracks in the walls and the tiles, pipe were exposed, there were holes in the walls, it was disgusting. I got the impression that this was the oldestpart of the complex and therefore the worst, although looking at other reviews I'm not so sure! There's also only one plug socket in the entire room which was above the double bed, this made it somewhat awkward to use. The room was also right above the worker's area, and they would often stand beneath my window smoking and chatting,so I couldn't really open the balcony doors as it got loud and smoky very quickly. This was also a very cold room - it was 27degrees but as its on the second floor and overlooked the room gets no sun and I was shivering.

The lifts are a bit dodgy, one of them the doors don't shut properly, and the other one got stuck between floors which wasn't overly fun. (These are the small lifts that lead to the restaurant, not the big ones from reception). The food itself was good atlunchtime and in the evenings. There was a decent selection and they kept the food replenished and it was hot. Breakfast was a different story and it was pretty awful- so avoid the breakfast but the rest of it is good. The staff in the restaurant were very friendly also.

I didn't really take advantage of the all-inclusive, as every time I went there were really long queues and only one person on the bar, who wasn't in any rush to get the queue down. Generally I just couldn't be bothered to wait 15 minutes to get a drink, although the selection they had was really good.

One thing that was really missing is a map of the hotel. They do have boards around telling you the layout, but theydon't really tell you where you are. I think it would help a lot if they gave you a map on arrival, as there are many different levels, and a lot of stairs, and I found it quite difficult to navigate. I expect there were much shorter routes than I took to get to places, but I couldn't find them easily. On the last day I found another part of the resort that I had never seen before, complete with pool and entertainment. Turns out this was where all the English speakers had been hiding (I didn't encounter any before this, there seemed to be predominantly French and Spanish at the hotel) and it would have been nice to find it earlier.

One thing I did like,was that if you climbed all the stairs past the pools there were roof terraces that were quiet zones with no smoking just with sunbeds for people to relax in peace. This was ideal for me as I wanted some quiet and naturally the pool area is quite noisy with children running about. It was good that they catered for different wants in this way.

The hotel was in a good location with a short walk to the beach (not sandy) and shops and bars. This is a very touristy area, so if you are wanting to avoid that kind of thing then Lloret de mar isn't for you. I liked it and found the locals friendly.

Overall I would recommend the complex itself, but not the room I stayed in.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Ed W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
London
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I stayed from Sept 20th - 27th 2012 as part of a large group. The hotel and its staff are absolutely appalling! The staff are extremely rude and unhelpful and make absolutely no effort to welcome guests or resolve issues never mind apologise! We arrived to find that we had been allocated a room with a double bed despite having called in advance to request a twin room. We were told they would make up the sofa bed which we refused. Our new room hadnt been cleaned so we had to wait 25 mins outside while this was done. We then found (at 1am) that we had no hot water from the taps. Then followed the rudest conversation we have ever encountered with Michael at reception who refused to even listen never mind do something about it! It was resolved the next day. The rooms are not cleaned properly and the only reason we had our sheets changed every day is because we stripped our beds every morning otherwise they only change sheets once a week! The breakfast is awful and we ended up paying again to eat in local cafes every morning. We were lucky we stayed in guitart II but some had to stay in what was locally known as Bairut! A delapidated building with no tvs. GOLD Superiour standard is a myth as there is no carpet, washing lines, piped music!! or the use of the safe as that costs a £10 deposit and the £4 per day!

Room Tip: Try for the main building which houses the reception as those rooms are apparently the nicest
1 Thank LondonShay

Travellers are raving about these Lloret de Mar hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 October 2012

awful place spent a nightmare week in it filthy rooms our beds had not been changed from last oucupirer and was blood stained . 3 robberys from our croup when asked for things to be left in our rooms and place moveing with ants ground floor appartment and cigs littered everywhere from higher appartments never cleaned up . place should be wiped of map

Room Tip: would not even give it one my tip is dont go near it
2 Thank marie b
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2012

stayed at guitart central iii for three nights myself and husband ,on arrival was a bit confussed as where our hotel was ,but in finding it was pleased as this was a last minute booking .there are a few hotels in complex. room was clean food was really good and tried different meats fish ect and was really pleased how well these dishes were cooked and displayed .there is two resturants for guest to use for meals .and we were allocated one i dont know the set up ,maybe it has to do with what hotel you stay in . staff were very polite and helpful and the bar staff were pleasant.we were on a all inclusive .we are going to go back next year. looking in to what hotel to stay in .as we still did not see and use all that is on offer,i have already informed my friends and family they must try this hotel out. jackie

Room Tip: i just ask for quiet room
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
bournemouth
Reviewed 1 October 2012

The photo's on the web site look fabulous but how dissapointed were we!The room which I was later informed was their standard room - more like basic! walking into the room there was a huge water mark stain on the carpet where there must have been a flood. The carpet looked dirty as there were other stains on the carpet-you would'nt want to walk on it with bare feet. The towel rail in the bathroom was hanging off the wall and the plug hole in the bath looked dirty as all of the chrome had come off it-would not have wanted a bath. The bed was uncomfortable and we sweated alot as there was a type of plastic cover over the mattress. The pillows were lumpy and it was very difficult to get comfortable. Balcony was cracked, paint peeling on the railings. No information in the rooms about the hotel and the reception area had every language book but no English. The food in the resteraunt was awful-breakfast was always cold and the evening meal lacked imagination again cold - good job there was a microwave! Entertainment in the Salsa Bar was very poor-same musicians every night with the same set of music. Fire alarm went off one evening but no one seemed to be bothered. Swimming pool looked nice although did not use it as the yellow sunbeds looked dirty need a good clean. We did complain about our room but was told that the hotel was overbooked! Watch out for the lift down to the resteraunts one does not go down properly! Staff in resteraunt worked hard which is the only plus point.

Room Tip: When you book your room make sure you are put in one of the so called refurbished rooms - don't...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank julia w
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2012

have just arrived home from a four night stay in the guitart resort and spa. the grounds are beautiful and the location is very good ,a five to ten minute walk to the beach and shops . two main pool areas, an covered heated swimming pool and a spa indoor pool . i was surprised at the 15 euro cost of the spa as it only hadf a pool and sun beds . so i didnt use this. i came with 3 other women and we all were not dissapointed in the hotel. the all inclusive deal was good we got 3 meals plus snacks and drinks til 11.30 . you are'nt really told what you are intitled to though so ask !. the room were cleaned daily and apart from thin walls there were no complaints. the food was ok ,with generally 3 meat choices, 2 fish, pallella, potatoes and deserts, for fussy eaters the food maybe the let down of the hotel . but overall a lovely pretty clean hotel ................NB do not use the tattoo palour called hard lines run by david lopez as he is a con artist who takes deposits and doesnt show up for appointments!

Harrogate, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Just come back from an excellent 10 night stay at your wonderful Hotel :D My 2nd time there and for sure will be back for a 3rd time next year :D The Hotel Grounds are Beautiful and my rating for this 2nd stay would be 95%! Thank you Very Much! It certainly has a place in my Heart! Just really sad i had to leave :( Wishing i was there still! Until next time!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter, Not Hotels fault about noise from Other Hotels!!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Santino S
xalonso, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Guitart Central Park Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Dear valued client,
On behalf of the whole staff and hotel management we wish to express to you our very grateful thanks and appreciation for your comments.We'd like to thank you for having stayed at our hotel and we sincerely hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you here again to help you enjoy another brilliant holiday.
With regards.