I stayed here for 4 days at the end of September. I'm still undecided about this hotel and whether I wouldstay here again.
I would definitely not stay in the same room. I was in Guitart I, thebuilding that the reception is in. On my floor it looked lovely, with posh doors with key cards etc, I then walked through a door to get to my part of the corridor and it looked much more run down, with little keys that you put into the door knob. I didn't feel particularly secure with that door. The room itself was very basic. The beds were not comfortable, and my blankets had cigarette burns in them. The walls were very thin, the nice lads next door were having conversations at normal volume and I could hear every single word.
The bathroom was disgusting. It was mouldy, there were cracks in the walls and the tiles, pipe were exposed, there were holes in the walls, it was disgusting. I got the impression that this was the oldestpart of the complex and therefore the worst, although looking at other reviews I'm not so sure! There's also only one plug socket in the entire room which was above the double bed, this made it somewhat awkward to use. The room was also right above the worker's area, and they would often stand beneath my window smoking and chatting,so I couldn't really open the balcony doors as it got loud and smoky very quickly. This was also a very cold room - it was 27degrees but as its on the second floor and overlooked the room gets no sun and I was shivering.
The lifts are a bit dodgy, one of them the doors don't shut properly, and the other one got stuck between floors which wasn't overly fun. (These are the small lifts that lead to the restaurant, not the big ones from reception). The food itself was good atlunchtime and in the evenings. There was a decent selection and they kept the food replenished and it was hot. Breakfast was a different story and it was pretty awful- so avoid the breakfast but the rest of it is good. The staff in the restaurant were very friendly also.
I didn't really take advantage of the all-inclusive, as every time I went there were really long queues and only one person on the bar, who wasn't in any rush to get the queue down. Generally I just couldn't be bothered to wait 15 minutes to get a drink, although the selection they had was really good.
One thing that was really missing is a map of the hotel. They do have boards around telling you the layout, but theydon't really tell you where you are. I think it would help a lot if they gave you a map on arrival, as there are many different levels, and a lot of stairs, and I found it quite difficult to navigate. I expect there were much shorter routes than I took to get to places, but I couldn't find them easily. On the last day I found another part of the resort that I had never seen before, complete with pool and entertainment. Turns out this was where all the English speakers had been hiding (I didn't encounter any before this, there seemed to be predominantly French and Spanish at the hotel) and it would have been nice to find it earlier.
One thing I did like,was that if you climbed all the stairs past the pools there were roof terraces that were quiet zones with no smoking just with sunbeds for people to relax in peace. This was ideal for me as I wanted some quiet and naturally the pool area is quite noisy with children running about. It was good that they catered for different wants in this way.
The hotel was in a good location with a short walk to the beach (not sandy) and shops and bars. This is a very touristy area, so if you are wanting to avoid that kind of thing then Lloret de mar isn't for you. I liked it and found the locals friendly.
Overall I would recommend the complex itself, but not the room I stayed in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exotic and beautiful gardens, swimming pools, waterfalls, tennis courts, a sport area, solarium, gym, an extensive variety of spacious comfortable and lively terraces. Combine together these amenities and facilities create Guitart Gold Central Park Resort & Spa the ideal location for an immensely pleasurable and original holiday.Choose between five different swimming pools situated at various levels around the complex (one of them heated and covered). Spacious gardens to enjoy for leisure and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Guitart Central Park Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guitart Central Park Hotel Lloret De Mar
- Guitart Central Park Resort And Spa
- Guitart Central Park Spa
- Hotel Guitart Central Park
- Guitart Central Park Resort & Spa Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain